Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

Great job so far everyone! princess:

I started the "Buff Brides" book program last night (weight training, sit-ups, etc), and WOW it is a lot of work! But I could definitely feel my muscles working, so I determined to stick with it. I've never had much patience for repetitive exercises, so it's hard for me to focus on doing the same thing again and again, but I think it will be worth it when we all have flat stomachs for bikini season!

Speaking of the weight smart multivitamin - has that made any of you sick? I was taking the one-a-day brand, and if I don't have a full stomach when I take it I get sick. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I should buy another bottle, as this hasn't happened with any vitamins in the past.

We can do it! :banana:

I took weight smart vitamins(untilDH lost bottle) & i never noticed getting sick, but I took it just before bed. I heard that the iron in vitamins can make people sick...
if all else fails, try a different brand vitamin:yay:

do you mind sharing your salsa recipe?

easiest reciepe in the world

all you do is take :

6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
1-2 white onions
6-8 tomatillos (green tomatoe w/leaf covering it/take off leaf)
3-4 garlic cloves
1-5 jalapeno peppers (depending on how hot you want it)

Boil it all in a BIG pot til soft

blend in a food processor or blender

add salt(or goya salt) and/or cilantro

can be eaten hot or cold (ive been told its better hot)

makes lots...so if you want less, cut it all in half

good luck & I hope you like it
:thumbsup2

easiest reciepe in the world

all you do is take :

6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
1-2 white onions
6-8 tomatillos (green tomatoe w/leaf covering it/take off leaf)
3-4 garlic cloves
1-5 jalapeno peppers (depending on how hot you want it)

Boil it all in a BIG pot til soft

blend in a food processor or blender

add salt(or goya salt) and/or cilantro

can be eaten hot or cold (ive been told its better hot)

makes lots...so if you want less, cut it all in half

good luck & I hope you like it
:thumbsup2

I hope this doesnt sound.... unintelligent... but is this the type of salsa they make in mexican restaraunts. DH says I should will become a mexican because thats my favorite food-- and we have some great friends in our local mexican restaurant. I could live off of salsa and queso dip!!

Also I can never seem to find tortilla chips like the ones they serve. In the stores they are always super salty and super bubbled up and whatnot.

I hope this doesnt sound.... unintelligent... but is this the type of salsa they make in mexican restaraunts. DH says I should will become a mexican because thats my favorite food-- and we have some great friends in our local mexican restaurant. I could live off of salsa and queso dip!!

Also I can never seem to find tortilla chips like the ones they serve. In the stores they are always super salty and super bubbled up and whatnot.

Its real close, I got the reciepe from a hispanic lady & my in laws are from Mexico...I love mexican food too.........
I see & eat lots of mexican food & its alot of oil, so I try to come up with a healthier version & I havent done to bad

as for chips, the best brand I found in the chicagoland area is by El Milagro

Its in a brown pape bag in the chip isle or by the ethenic food.
Ive had people ask for the empty bag so they can find these chips..theyre really yummy

let me know what other mexican food you like & i can tell you my alternative receipes(if I have one)
:woohoo:

Great job ladies!! I hope I can get motivated and start running up the stairs.

What I do for veggies is I sautee thin slices of squash, zuchini and onions in the I can't believe it's not butter spray and then I sprinkle on the Mortons lite salt/pepper/garlic powder that I make. I love that. But I also do broccoli, asparagus, peas, green beans, spinach and that's about it!!!

Myprincessgirlisa - your salsa sounds so good and very easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.

I forgot to add that any multi-vitamin gets my stomach upset if I do not eat before taking it.

Its real close, I got the reciepe from a hispanic lady & my in laws are from Mexico...I love mexican food too.........
I see & eat lots of mexican food & its alot of oil, so I try to come up with a healthier version & I havent done to bad

as for chips, the best brand I found in the chicagoland area is by El Milagro

Its in a brown pape bag in the chip isle or by the ethenic food.
Ive had people ask for the empty bag so they can find these chips..theyre really yummy

let me know what other mexican food you like & i can tell you my alternative receipes(if I have one)
:woohoo:

DH and I LOVE Fajitas..... we can never find a good seasoning to make it on our own though... and i have never found a way to make a good seasoning.

Any suggestions would be great!!

DH and I LOVE Fajitas..... we can never find a good seasoning to make it on our own though... and i have never found a way to make a good seasoning.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Fajita seasoning is everywhere here in the UK! We have loooots of it! If you ever need any, just let me know - we have "Old El Paso" seasoning, "Discovery", and quite a few supermarket brands of it..... Mmmm!!!

the big key to good mexican food & spices is mexican stores

they have it all & sometimes they have it prepared for you like a takeout restaurant.

Goya is good for seasoning

Lime is key in alot of dishes, infact my 5yr daughter LOVES cucumber with lime & salt

Marinate (its a big key to temder yummy food) .....a favorite(but fattening) dish in summer is skirt steak marinated in beer & onion and cooked on the grill(sprinkle w/goya salt) & they put it on a corn tortilla w/cilantro & onion...I cant wait for summer

:3dglasses

OMG I totally forgot to mention the most fun form of exercise....You kill yourself laughing doing this video. Carmen Electra's fit to strip videos. They are great and one hour goes by quickly! Not to metion some hot moves are learned for the honeymoon! ;)

My sister loves the Carmen Electra video. I've never tried it but she says its alot of fun...hahaha!! As for salads, I like mine with no dressing and I hate croutons! I like the taste of the actual veggies!!! I feel like dressing masks the taste..lol..my DF thinks I'm crazy!!!

I bought one of the Carma Electra video's. They are fun, but I laugh hysterically at them thinking that if anyone saw me they would die laughing. There is I think 5 different versions.

I have the "hot pants" workout, ha ha - I am glad my lounge faces NO-ONE. I am not a pretty sight, working out!

I've just been and got my fruit and veg for the next week - £105. My DF makes me a fruit smoothie for breakfast every day now. He's being very supportive :) Here's a tip - we add spinach to our smoothies (you can't taste it in there - although I like spinach alot) as they give a good iron boost to start your day, in green leafy style!

dang-- i wish someone could burn me a copy of this dvd workout with carman electra-- sounds interesting:confused3

Me too - I fear for my DH though - the last thing he needs is me hopping around the lounge like a mad-woman! I'm going to have to stick to street running and the gym..... ;)

Me too - I fear for my DH though - the last thing he needs is me hopping around the lounge like a mad-woman! I'm going to have to stick to street running and the gym..... ;)

raspberry bubbles......you are to funny....my DH would probably get frisky!!

Anyway I tried a yummy low fat meal...
I did the salad package "shredds"(iceberg lettuce in shredd)
& Tyson Buffalo Style Chicken

I baked the chicken to get it crispy & cut it up in small pieces & spread it all over the lettuce.
Thats was it...no dressing
The spices in the chicken was enough

the chicken was only 250cal for 2 pieces & the lettuce was under 100 & it filled me up!!
It was good

I need to start working on my arms.

Anyone use that Thighmaster by susan summers...I want to know if it works...they have it real cheap at a used sports store by my house....Id love to slim down my thighs!!

Keep it up girls!!!
Sounding good!!
:yay:

I would be willing to burn a DVD of the Carmen Electra for you, but I have no idea how to do that and what program I would need to use!!!!

That salad sounds good. Maybe I will make my own version with a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the chicken and put on salad.

I would like to thin down my thighs some and was contemplating on buying that infomercial thing where you put around your thighs and lift your legs different ways....obviously I have no idea what it is called!!

I would be willing to burn a DVD of the Carmen Electra for you, but I have no idea how to do that and what program I would need to use!!!!

That salad sounds good. Maybe I will make my own version with a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the chicken and put on salad.

I would like to thin down my thighs some and was contemplating on buying that infomercial thing where you put around your thighs and lift your legs different ways....obviously I have no idea what it is called!!

are you talking about the resistance bands....i always wodered if they would break or snap kinda like a rubberband..OUCH!!

I feel really lazy today, but I keep reading posts & seeing dress pictures & its gettin me going.

Whos going to a super bowl party.....Id say let that be the cheat day, cause you know theres always good food a those parties...GO BEARS!!!
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter