Flat feet: which Keen, Teva, etc. is best for flat feet?

Wendy Lee

Earning My Ears
I'm buying the Keen Whisper so my feet can get wet and dry quickly on water rides, rain. My 18 year old daughter has very flat feet. Is here any water friendly type sandle that has good arch support for women with flat feet? I don't want her to have to wear tennis shoes that will be wet all day.

I just bought some Tevas for my flat feet, so when I try them on this weekend at the local water park, I will let you know. Hope that helps:goodvibes

My husband has flatter than flat feet and he loves his Keens. I think he has the Keen Newports. He loves wearing them in the parks all day and a bonus - they never smell! :goodvibes

I had used Teva's for years, I generally accept that they ruined my feet. I now wear Chacos. They aren't cheap but if you look at rafters who spend all day getting their feet wet this is what they use. They don't wear Tevas or Keens because they aren't as functional of comfortable.

But I wouldn't pay $100 for sandals if you are only going to wear them at WDW. I usually bring tennis shoes also. If I'm going to AK sandals for KRR. Epcot and DHS your not getting your feet wet unless it rains. MK maybe and only a maybe on Splash.

I had used Teva's for years, I generally accept that they ruined my feet. I now wear Chacos. They aren't cheap but if you look at rafters who spend all day getting their feet wet this is what they use. They don't wear Tevas or Keens because they aren't as functional of comfortable.

But I wouldn't pay $100 for sandals if you are only going to wear them at WDW. I usually bring tennis shoes also. If I'm going to AK sandals for KRR. Epcot and DHS your not getting your feet wet unless it rains. MK maybe and only a maybe on Splash.

I am a heavy person with flat feet and love my Tevas. Like any brand, there are different styles for different foot types and needs. You need to try on many styles and work with an experienced fitter to find out what is best for you.

I have one Flat foot and one normal and am extremely sensitive to good support for the flat one.
Tried Ecco, Teva and Keen and I would strongly recommend Keen. Their website completely glosses over how good their sandals are and instead harps on how much they give back to the Community. While I guess that is laudable, the fact that their sandals are freaking awesome could easily be missed.
That being said, not all models are equally comfortable. The Venice and Escape models were not at all comfy. The Newports are fabulous and I am trying a pair of Lagunas later today.

May I ask how Teva's can ruin your feet? I love them but know that any flip flops is probably not as good as supportive tennis shoes, but I just HATE tennis shoes and since I never wear them they hurt the moment I put them on so I could not wear them to Disney. I tried several different sandals and the Tevas felt the best (but possibly b/c they were softest and I realize that may not be best for feet). I heard birkenstocks were good and they are hard as a rock and I could not see myself wearing them at all much less all day.

I guess I need to go to a podiatrist for my flat feet :confused3 . I see every viewpoint possible on this subject on the internet and not sure what is best for me. Good luck OP.

I don't have flat feet but loved my Teva and Reef flip flops and was wearing them all the time during the summer. They were fantastic for Disney and the rain that they get there. Dried very quickly so you weren't walking around in wet shoes. I can tell you tho that what I started to notice was that wearing them all the time made the bottom of my feet and heels dry out which can be very uncomfortable.

I have extreme flat feet and I cant wear sandels I wear Rika athletic shoes with the DR. Sholes inserts and i tell you my feet felt soooo much better!!! I also at the end of the day give myself a foot massage with lotion cuts down on the swelling too!!!:thumbsup2

I love my Tevas!! I have the flattest feet of anyone I have ever met. I have always had flat feet, my dad used to make me pick up marbles and pencils off the ground with my toes... I wore my Tevas when we went in March and they were AMAZING! :goodvibes

I have one Flat foot and one normal and am extremely sensitive to good support for the flat one.
Tried Ecco, Teva and Keen and I would strongly recommend Keen. Their website completely glosses over how good their sandals are and instead harps on how much they give back to the Community. While I guess that is laudable, the fact that their sandals are freaking awesome could easily be missed.
That being said, not all models are equally comfortable. The Venice and Escape models were not at all comfy. The Newports are fabulous and I am trying a pair of Lagunas later today.

No kidding! I purchased Venice last year after much adoration here on boards (close to $100.00) and they are the worst shoes I have ever worn. They are so yucky - not to mention they make your feet feel like they are wearing ovens!!

DH on the other hand bought 2 pair of Newports (over $150.00 for both due to sale), and they are horrible too! He hates them, just like I do mine.

Our keens are very expensive garden clogs at this time - we will never purchase them again. :sick: We totally disagree that they are awesome shoes - we think they are the worst, and we have Salamon, Teva, NB and Merriills, as well.

After thousands of WDW park hours, we can't find an absolutely perfect shoe, but close would have to be our New Balance sneakers, but we don't wear them much @ WDW as we go for 2 weeks each July, and have to deal with rain and sweating/heat issues. Kids are able to wear the NB hybrid shoes, Teva (kids find them uncomfortable too - but we need to have at least 2 pair of shoes), hubby loves his Salamons, and I'm tolerating my Merrills.

Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter