Flying with Young Children - Paying to Choose Your Seats

I don't th ink they would take a note from a doctor for the same reason most places don't--there is no way to tell it is authentic.

Am I really the only parent that gets to the airport HOPING that they seat their 4 year old somewhere else?! I could really use that 2.5 hour break before and after a Disney trip. I'm totally kidding but this is something I have not thought about. Youngest DD, I would feel bad for whoever gets stuck next to her and thought they were going to have a quiet ride, middle DD would be my kid to freak out. In the end, DH has met too many innocent looking pedophiles in his line of work to let any of the kids sit alone with strangers so I really need to look into this.

People who were not kidding have posted something like this. The reply? Headphones would go on and your child chatting wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, but then what would he complain about? ;)

What would a doctor's note have to say that would influence an airline to give someone something that they charge for, for free?
I know people who have done it....not saying I agree that they are entitled to anything, but I know people who have.

I can't believe anyone would resort to a doctor excuse for seating on an airplane. Seriously a seat with Spirit can be bought for as little as eleven dollars. It has always amazed me that a person will complain about a cheap seat while traveling to one of the most expensive places in the United States. I'm appalled by the people who feel traveling with children automatically entitles them. I don't mean to sound mean but who care if you have kids or not. Your trip is no more important than a couple traveling alone and yes I'm a parent. It isn't a problem if you want seated by a certain person pay!!!

I agree with above poster I have so many movies and TV shows on my tablet that it is easy enough for me to ignore a chatty person how ever I would not sit next to a kid because if a emergency were to happen I would not want to be responsible for someone else kid

Seriously a seat with Spirit can be bought for as little as eleven dollars.

Even less sometimes, depending on the flight and when you buy your ticket. I've had several Spirit flights that had some seats you could select for free (back half of plane but included whole rows) and my last two flights with them (in the last week) had some seats for $5 (and again included whole rows).

I know people who have done it....not saying I agree that they are entitled to anything, but I know people who have.

Maybe if the child had special needs but can’t see any doctor writing a note for an entitled family trying to save money. With HIPPA can’t imagine airline accepting.

Maybe if the child had special needs but can’t see any doctor writing a note for an entitled family trying to save money. With HIPPA can’t imagine airline accepting.
Hippa has nothing to do with airlines accepting a letter voluntarily given by a person. In fact the airline carrier access act makes it so airlines can require documentation to permit an emotional support animal to travel free in a cabin.
Anyone can really fake a letter from a doctor with a printer and ten minutes with Microsoft office. It’s really not hard.

Every airline does things different, so check with them. In my experience most of them will do their best to make sure families with young children sit together. Certainly you'll find passengers on the plane who probably will. I see that all the time. The flight attendant will ask for someone to volunteer to switch seats so a mother can sit with her kids and there's always multiple people who volunteer.

Bad advice IMO. How is it fair to ask someone to switch and sit away from their party because someone else wanted to cheap out and not pay to choose seats?

Bad advice IMO. How is it fair to ask someone to switch and sit away from their party because someone else wanted to cheap out and not pay to choose seats?

I agree a man asked DH and I to move because he wanted the Aile (sp) so he could sit near his family neither dh and I were happy I am wondering why we did it he was a grown man and he hardly interacted with his family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter