• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foods not to eat at DL

Not because of flavor but because it's SO HARD on the jaw - any sourdough sandwich from Pacific Wharf. That bread is SO CHEWY. I cannot eat an entire sandwich because it hurts.

As a WDW veteran, first time DL visitor, I was surprisingly disappointed by the Churros. I also saw them being delivered in a large trash bag which didn't help : )

I assume at a time in the past when they were popularized that they were made fresh at each stand?

The fresh made ones at my local county fair are much better.

Had a Monte that was terrible and didn't have another for several years. Then my wife got one and it was great!
We tried the corn dogs about 6 years ago and it was utterly disgusting and didn't have much flavor. Greasy beyond comparison - I swear I could have wrung it out. I was so bad that we took a couple of bites and tossed them in the trash. Maybe if you routinely eat greasy, fatty food they would be more appealing but they did nothing for us.
We had a similar experience with the corn dogs, except we loved them about 6yrs ago when we got them in CA at the corn dog castle. Then 3yrs ago when we went last we got them at the red wagon in DL and they were so greasy and gross and I couldn't eat it!! I'm curious to try the Monte Crisco, but I'm a little afraid since I've heard good and bad! Glad your wife's was good! I also didn't like the chicken dinner at plaza inn that everyone likes.

Pork belly anything...just no!🤢
I also really can’t handle much grease, so no “turkey” leg (I’m convinced it’s ham); no fried chicken from Plaza Inn or Flo’s; and definitely no corn dogs.
Also not a fan of the seasonal candy cane beignets. Something too strange about those...

Everyone always talks about the great food at DL and I agree (love me some pomme frits and fried chicken!) but what are some foods or places that you and your family will not eat at again? There's not a tonne for me and I know some will spark debate! Here's my list of what not to eat when the parks open!
1.) Monte Cristo Sandwich! Reading the boards I heard that everyone loved these and was soooooo excited to try it. It was bleh at the best and really bad for the majority. Now, I will say I am Canadian and this seems to be an American thing but yuck!
2.) Turkey leg - it is a large chunk of meat which is very appealing for us meat lovers but it tasted more like smoked ham then turkey. It wasn't terrible but when you have to force yourself to finish your meal you know its not very good.
So, how about you?

The Monte Cristo was a "one and done" for this Canadian too. I have had Monte Cristo sandwiches that I liked (here in Canada), but they weren't deep fried like the Disney version seems to be.

Agree with the turkey leg. I don't personally like the pizza place in Tomorrowland only because my mom ended up sick for two days of our vacation after eating there. But that was so long ago I keep thinking I should give it another try, I know that can happen anywhere.

The pizza is not good, that's for sure (neither is their pasta).

As a WDW veteran, first time DL visitor, I was surprisingly disappointed by the Churros. I also saw them being delivered in a large trash bag which didn't help : )

I assume at a time in the past when they were popularized that they were made fresh at each stand?

The fresh made ones at my local county fair are much better.

To be honest, I've never understood the Churro love anyways. They are pretty ordinary seeming to me.

Cannot repeat this warning enough: Do NOT eat across the street at Captain Kidd's. The low price for AYCE buffet is not worth the risk of all night misery which people have posted about here. The Yelp reviews are pretty scary, too.
https://www.ocweekly.com/winner-win...rst-restaurant-in-the-anaheim-resort-6625153/
What I find weird is that upstairs there is where the BWPPI breakfast is and we have never had a problem there. We’ve never eaten downstairs.

What I find weird is that upstairs there is where the BWPPI breakfast is and we have never had a problem there. We’ve never eaten downstairs.

having worked as a chef, I don't find it weird.

Very likely 2 different kitchens, 2 different shifts/ staff rotation. The breakfast crew could also be employed by BWPPI and only work the breakfast shifts.

Literally any in park burger. None of them are worth it.

Pizza Planet is also not good, although my wife’s friend is really into a pasta there and will make the trip specifically for it.

Carthay, overpriced and not that good. Granted I think I’ve only had lunch, not sure of the dinner menu.

love this thread, so much of what is raved about here on Dis I don't eat 8-)

Churros - ugh too...much...sugar
Turkey Legs - good gravy, walking around a theme park chomping on a greasy turkey leg, whats that all about
Popcorn - over priced
Candy apples - nope
Rice Crispie treats - nope
Any of the candy in Candy Palace - nope
Plaza Gardens - went with my friends in 2010 as that was their favorite place to eat lunch, haven't been back since
Corn dogs- never had one
Matterhorn Macaroon - ugh, too much coconut
Raspberry Rose Macroon - ugh no like
Candy from Pooh Corner - nope

Surprisingly I agree with most of your list though I have to admit I like the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn if that's what you mean by Plaza Gardens, and there are several candies I enjoy at the candy shop including the toffee, dark chocolate honeycomb, and the choco-mallows.

having worked as a chef, I don't find it weird.

Very likely 2 different kitchens, 2 different shifts/ staff rotation. The breakfast crew could also be employed by BWPPI and only work the breakfast shifts.

Yep... BWPPI breakfast is a totally separate operation run by BWPPI. nothing to do with the mess downstairs, just leasing the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter