Fort Wilderness to Rise of the Resistance Boarding group

Daveskier

Earning My Ears
Today was the first day Hollywood Studios opened at 8:00 am. We caught the first bus to Hollywood Studios 7:15. That bus was full and we left a dozen behind. We arrived at HS and were in, eating our breakfast at 7:45. Logged on and secured boarding group 11. Done with the attraction before 9:00. It was SO amazing. A multi stepped, total immersion. Even the cast members were absolutely amazing berating us prisoners.
if you don’t get on that first bus, I’m not sure you would make it. The attraction is worth a LOT. Getting up early getting over there etc. you may be able to get a Minnie van from your campsite too as an easier alternative. I can’t emphasize enough how amazing that attraction and Galaxy’s Edge are. Make sure to check out the drinking fountain and the restrooms.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I've been reading about the various strategies people have been doing to get a boarding group. (Uber, Minnie Van, resort bus). But it sounds like, if you aren't there 30 minutes before park open, you likely won't get a low enough boarding group to be guaranteed slot. I'll be down in April staying at POP. I'll have to see how things are doing then, but I may be up hailing an Uber at 0600.

j

But it sounds like, if you aren't there 30 minutes before park open, you likely won't get a low enough boarding group to be guaranteed slot. I'll be down in April staying at POP. I'll have to see how things are doing then, but I may be up hailing an Uber at 0600.

j

A friend was there Sat and they got to the park 15 min after it opened. They got BP #113 and then a text saying that groups after 73 were considered standby. At 4p they got a "special notice" saying there group was boarding at 530p. They hightailed it over from MK but made it and loved it. She thinks alot of people bailed as it was raining, lines were very short for the other rides, 20 min for ToT for example.

I am there in July so who knows what they will be doing then. In someways I hope they keep the BG's as it's like an extra FP. But they have already done a survey asking people what way they would like better. So only time will tell.

Thanks for the update. I've been reading about the various strategies people have been doing to get a boarding group. (Uber, Minnie Van, resort bus). But it sounds like, if you aren't there 30 minutes before park open, you likely won't get a low enough boarding group to be guaranteed slot. I'll be down in April staying at POP. I'll have to see how things are doing then, but I may be up hailing an Uber at 0600.

j
You just have to be in the park at opening. Building in some cushion to get there in time is probably not a bad idea, but being there 45 minutes before opening isn’t any better than being there 15 minutes before.

You just have to be in the park at opening. Building in some cushion to get there in time is probably not a bad idea, but being there 45 minutes before opening isn’t any better than being there 15 minutes before.
Agreed. But plan on a little cushion for the bag inspection and magic band lines. If your Party is not all in the park at 8:00 am you will not be assured a boarding group. Nothing would be worse than getting your bag inspected while watching 8 am pass by on your watch. Make sure you have the group set up on the app that wants passes.
We’re retired, and have all the time in the world and don’t generally do early morning stuff anymore besides coffee, papers and dog walks. This attraction gave me chills. It’s really that good. Super exciting. And The entire area is also just mind blowing.

Attachments

• 13B5C0E2-3FFD-466A-B594-24C0FB08F6B7.jpeg
    13B5C0E2-3FFD-466A-B594-24C0FB08F6B7.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 7
  • E469CE1B-E915-4E59-857D-FD411EE832FE.jpeg
    E469CE1B-E915-4E59-857D-FD411EE832FE.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 8
Today was the first day Hollywood Studios opened at 8:00 am. We caught the first bus to Hollywood Studios 7:15. That bus was full and we left a dozen behind. We arrived at HS and were in, eating our breakfast at 7:45. Logged on and secured boarding group 11. Done with the attraction before 9:00. It was SO amazing. A multi stepped, total immersion. Even the cast members were absolutely amazing berating us prisoners.
if you don’t get on that first bus, I’m not sure you would make it. The attraction is worth a LOT. Getting up early getting over there etc. you may be able to get a Minnie van from your campsite to as an easier alternative. I can’t emphasize enough how amazing that attraction and Galaxy’s Edge are. Make sure to check out the drinking fountain and the restrooms.

Did you take the internal bus, walk or golf cart to the HS bus at FW? Other?

Thanks!

What was your strategy? Did you have the app fully closed and then open at 8:00 or where you in the app at the screen before you hit join boarding group? Just curious since videos show both scenarios.

Did you take the internal bus, walk or golf cart to the HS bus at FW? Other?

Thanks!
We biked to the front bus station. Anything we can do to cut out a bus I consider a win. Biking to the back or front is super easy amd much better than waiting for an internal bus. The Disney app does show bus arrival times. Albeit, most of the time and only for your resort to a park, not from a park back to the resort. Times are pretty accurate when it shows a time.

What was your strategy? Did you have the app fully closed and then open at 8:00 or where you in the app at the screen before you hit join boarding group? Just curious since videos show both scenarios.
We both had the app up and ready At 0800. I was on the join a group page but had to adjust the group and then join a boarding group. I still got group 11. So if you’re in the park, and all your group members are in the park, at 8:00, I think you’ll be fine getting a lower “guaranteed” boarding group. When your group is called, you’ll get a banner message. Once you get to the line they’ll scan your magic band, everyone in the group needs to be there. From that point to the first stage (The droid and projection) it’s less than 5 minutes. Then they rush you to the shuttle, then you’re captured and led to the interrogation ship. At that point the sets are mind blowing. Seriously the s ale of the sets is amazing. Try smiling or giggling when you‘re being sorted. 😆

We both had the app up and ready At 0800. I was on the join a group page but had to adjust the group and then join a boarding group. I still got group 11. So if you’re in the park, and all your group members are in the park, at 8:00, I think you’ll be fine getting a lower “guaranteed” boarding group. When your group is called, you’ll get a banner message. Once you get to the line they’ll scan your magic band, everyone in the group needs to be there. From that point to the first stage (The droid and projection) it’s less than 5 minutes. Then they rush you to the shuttle, then you’re captured and led to the interrogation ship. At that point the sets are mind blowing. Seriously the s ale of the sets is amazing. Try smiling or giggling when you‘re being sorted. 😆

thank you! We have 10 going- 8 will have or are going to have MDE accounts on cell phones so we are going to give it a shot:)

Another tip that seems to be generally accepted is to use your cell phone service instead of Disney's WiFi, as long as you get a decent signal. There will be a giant horde hopping on that WiFi right at park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter