Four days dining without children!

csmolu

Mouseketeer
Quick reviews of our long weekend without the kiddos!

Hollywood Brown Derby lunch- Outstanding! I had the Cobb Salad and hubby had the Waygu Beef Burger. This has become a "must do" on every trip now. We actually went back for the same lunch our last day! I had a chardonnay and hubby had an Old Fashioned. Both good cocktails. Loved the rolls and salted butter.

O'hana Dinner- This was a one and done for us. Upon arrival Tambu Lounge was hectic and felt a little bit dirty. Service was "Meh". I ordered the Lapu Lapu and Hubby ordered the Dark and Stormy. Whatever he received wasn't a Dark and Stormy, but the server had already run the check. When she cam back with the bill she said, "Hmmm, I just realized that you ordered a Dark and Stormy and that looks like something else... Is it okay?" At that point half the drink was gone and we were being called to the table. DH isn't one to complain so we just said it was fine and moved on.

We didn't feel rushed at all with the dinner. It just wasn't good. The bread was very dry, like where is some water I'm choking dry. We each had one bite. Salad was okay. The noodles were over cooked and had no flavor whatsoever. I threw some of the sauce on it and it was edible. Chicken wing sauce had decent flavor but chicken was dry and had been sitting for a while. The chicken was fine, shrimp was borderline good but the steak.... Oh the steak... It was inedible. It was so raw (and I'm a Med Rare girl!) that we couldn't cut into it. We asked for some a little more well done, like maybe a Medium and it was scorched. Service was fine, sometimes super present, other times, ??

California Grill Brunch- Just fantastic!! Service was spot on. Very attentive. Buffet selections were good. Sushi was pretty good, apple goat cheese salad was great! Good yogurt parfaits, good cheese biscuits. Mimosas were truly bottomless. We started with a blueberry boba ball one and then switched to traditional Mimosa. They used a really great Cava in them. For main entree, I had the Hanger Steak and poached eggs, DH had the Lobster Eggs Benedict. Both were REALLY good. We took our desserts To Go. We were stuffed. Just an FYI, the couple next to us ordered four entrées total, so no problem if you wanted to try other things.

Tutto Italia Dinner- We actually walked up to this restaurant and asked if there was any availability. It started pouring rain and as luck would have it we were seated immediately. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan and DH had the Pork Chop. Both were good, Chianti was excellent. We liked the atmosphere and service. We would return.

Wine Bar George Lunch- Oh Em Gee, this was just fantastic. We arrived for lunch to a very quiet restaurant. We asked to sit somewhere that was good for people watching. The hostess suggested upstairs and outside, but she would have to call someone to seat us as she had to stay and greet people on the lower level. Well who walks up but GEORGE himself! He took us to a lovely table upstairs overlooking the Springs walkway. He was friendly and incredibly helpful with wine choices and suggestions. When GEORGE tells you the best wines on his menu, you listen! We shared three small plates, the Grilled Romaine, the Mac and Cheese Bites and the Burrata. All three were outstanding! The Grilled Romaine and the Burrata being the standouts. We split the Key Lime Pie for dessert and it was a perfect lunch. Service was wonderful as well. We can’t wait to return!

Yak and Yeti Lunch- We didn’t have a reservation for this either, but had no problem being seated quickly with our Landry’s card. DH had Saki and a Seared Tuna special, I had the Vegetable Lo Mein with Tofu. The Lo Mein was wonderful. I would definitely order this again. I did add some spicy chili sauce and soy sauce, but this really hit the spot. For dessert we had the Cream Cheese Wontons. These were fabulous. I was really not that excited for Yak and Yeti but after this lunch I think it is our new Animal Kingdom Go To! Service was good but the kitchen was definitely having some timing issues. We got a round of drinks comped because we waited so long for our meal.

Blaze Pizza Dinner- Really good fast pizza! I got the Red Vine and DH ordered the White Out. Both were flavorful and great crust. This is a fantastic Counter Service option when in Disney Springs.

Woody’s Lunchbox Breakfast- We rope dropped SDD so afterwards we headed to Woody’s Lunchbox. I had the Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich and DH had the Breakfast Bowl. Both were tasty, The Sandwich was nicely grilled, I did add salt, pepper and some hot sauce. The tater tots in the Breakfast Bowl were definitely crispy, so they must have fixed their earlier issue with mushy tots.

There you have it! Just some brief reflections on our experience the last few days!

Wine Bar George is on my list for sure for my solo trip this fall. I also have the Brown Derby Lounge in mind if I am in HS for a meal, it's one of those spots that I've just never made it to.

I agree with you on the CG brunch it was incredible. I also was pleasantly surprised by just how much we liked Yak & Yeti as well. It was our first visit there and I had seen great reviews, I'm so glad we finally gave it a try. It will be a regular lunch spot for AK for us also, it's so nice to get out of the heat and relax for a bit.

Great reviews! Thanks for posting!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Tutto Italia. I enjoy going there as a solo diner as I never feel I am being rushed, and the servers are usually just the right amount of attentive. I usually get the chicken parm but the pork chop is always a close second. Maybe I need to get that this time.

I have Cali Grill Brunch booked for early September and am very much looking forward to it.

I have 'Ohana booked in late September and am starting to reconsider since paying OOP. I won't be eating the dessert or the shrimp, and I prefer well done steak. I wonder if it is always difficult to get more thoroughly cooked beef?

Interesting reviews but what is this "no children thing". I have been informed by an 8 year old and an 8 year old that I am NEVER allowed to go without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter