FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
262.jpg
Love that picture! I must go there for dinner sometime. And Chocolate Martinis sound soooo good right now. Yum! Looks like you had fun.

Hey guys, It's been raining here since yesterday about noon because of Gustav....Stinks....My company has been fantastic...my hubby not so much... :sad2: Feeling kinda low. Was just checking on everyone else, but it seems like all are elsewhere. Hope you are all doing better than I am. Love the pics of Madd and especially tickled at the comments about people not picturing you the way you look... Felt the same way about many of you, until I saw pics... it's funny though how you form ideas in your head about how someone may look...and then you see how wrong you were! :rotfl: Guess I better go hide out in the bath or something...
913441009a4839413261b224543617s.gif

good morning all,
Hadley hope things get better. Is hubby just cracking over the weather?
Kinda of a sad here. DD moved out today into her apartment for college.:sad2: I have not even sen the place yet. John did see it when they went looking is said it is a very nice place. I was hoping to be able to help today but I could not. John said him and I will go in the morning. They did not want me there with all the crazy moving of all 4 girls.
The cat has already taken to her bed and is crying. He does not handle people leaving him. Most cats could care less as long as they have food and water but this one has huge issues.

My son just left for college, too. I have been :sad: since he pulled away. The boys went to some gaming convention in Seattle this weekend. I was looking forward to them being gone so things would quiet down around here. They got back last night and went straight to bed. Then, DS was up early this morning and ready to leave. He packed his car last week and he was all ready this morning.

I was fine until he hugged me and told me he was sorry he was so difficult this summer....then I lost it. :sad1:

My mind keeps flashing back to when he was my little tole-headed kindergartner and I miss that little boy so very much! :sad2:

Here's a :hug: from me, Kellie, and to anyone else who had to send their 'little ones' to college this week! :guilty:

My son just left for college, too. I have been :sad: since he pulled away. The boys went to some gaming convention in Seattle this weekend. I was looking forward to them being gone so things would quiet down around here. They got back last night and went straight to bed. Then, DS was up early this morning and ready to leave. He packed his car last week and he was all ready this morning.

I was fine until he hugged me and told me he was sorry he was so difficult this summer....then I lost it. :sad1:

My mind keeps flashing back to when he was my little tole-headed kindergartner and I miss that little boy so very much! :sad2:

Here's a :hug: from me, Kellie, and to anyone else who had to send their 'little ones' to college this week! :guilty:

It is hard. But I made sure i did not cry. She was having a hard time about leaving and gave Dh a talking to last night about taking care of me and making sure I do what I should. He laughed and said yes mother.
Where is you DS going to college?

Your stories made me cry :sad1: . I have 2 boys 6th & 8th grade this year. I just gave them an extra hug and they look at me like I was crazy. :lovestruc

Hadley, are you getting bad winds too or just rain? How long do they expect that to continue in Florida, do you know? It is amazing to me that the storm can touch down in TX or LA but you can still see signs of it in the other states!

mtblujeans The dark side has cookies?? This just had me rolling. I do not know how long you have had this but OMG :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
I saw that in someone else's siggy and I thought it was funny. But, I can't remember who it was... :headache:

It is hard. But I made sure i did not cry. She was having a hard time about leaving and gave Dh a talking to last night about taking care of me and making sure I do what I should. He laughed and said yes mother. Where is you DS going to college?
Your DD sounds so sweet! :angel: My DS goes to Bozeman, it's about a 5 hour drive from here.

Awww, Jeankeri....good for you. The time just flies by so fast!! :wizard:

Thanks for the ingredient list, Eeyorefan67. Now I know I gotta try that drink! YUM!

I received this picture in an email from a friend this morning. The caption read:

Mom, come look at the kitties!
kittens.jpg

:scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek:

My boss called today to tell me that I didn't have to come to work today!!!! I have the day off. I worked my butt off yesterday for the engagement party from prep cook, busser, dishwasher and still doing payroll. I was exhausted so I get a day off from work.

So we have been cleaning house, took a swim and looked at the snow on the mountain tops. Mtbluejeans, told ya it was going to snow and it did. I will have to post the picture. It is early this year. Sorry about the little boy leaving for college, it must be so very hard.

Only 16 days till Disney and praying the storms stop lining up.

SHARK BITE:

Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice
Barcardi Limon
Barcardi O
Peach Schnapps
splash Barcardi 151 over top
garnish with cherries, oranges, or pineapple

Bottom's up

I'd drink that!:thumbsup2

All of you moms sending your kids away to college: :hug: My oldest just started HS and I know it's gonna go fast! :sad1:

I'm back from the family reunion thank goodness.:lmao: Every year I question my own sanity for even agreeing to go. I know I just do it for Mom but man, my relatives are crazier than he**!!!! And they aren't even crazy in a good, eccentric kind of way either. I had one batty old aunt that told me I "really" needed to get DS into preschool. I told her that even if I wanted to(which I don't) that I couldn't because they have income guidelines in our county since they just have a few spots and we make too much money(ain't THAT a hoot:laughing: ). Here was her reply verbatim "Well, since he's handicapped I'm sure he can get in. They'll just send someone out to your house to talk to him and confirm it.":scared1: I didn't know what to say to her so I just turned around and went to my parent's room and started crying like crazy. I'm still not even sure what the heck she was talking about.:confused3 My DS is very rambunctious and boisterous but I don't think that's a handicap, is it? He has the vocabulary of a ten year old and the mind of a mad scientist so maybe that just threw her off.:confused3 After my initial shock and my dad retelling the story of how this same crazy aunt had been telling some of the family about her TWO encounters with aliens that very morning I felt much better.:lmao: And that was just one of the many low-lights of the trip.:sad2: At least the scenery is beautiful and we did get to hike some even though it was incredibly hot. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.

BTW, welcome home Madd!!!! We missed you but I'm sure you saw that we found a way to stay entertained.:rolleyes1

Oh Marna- what a horrible, horrible woman! I can't imagine saying anything like that about a child. :confused3 Maybe next time the aliens will be needing company and take her with them....

Here was her reply verbatim "Well,
since he's handicapped I'm sure he can get in. They'll just send someone out to your house to talk to him and confirm it.":scared1: I didn't know what to say to her so I just turned around and went to my parent's room and started crying like crazy. I'm still not even sure what the heck she was talking about.:confused3 My DS is very rambunctious and boisterous but I don't think that's a handicap, is it? He has the vocabulary of a ten year old and the mind of a mad scientist so maybe that just threw her off.:confused3
Hi this is my first post on this board, I'm not a big talker/writer, I usually just like to read everyone else's posts but I have to say something about this post! I too have a son who sounds VERY much like yours and always have someone asking me "how I think he's going to do in school" like he's unable to make it through....this annoys the cr*p out of me.:headache: My son may be a little more rambunctious than some kids his age and he may think and do things a little differently than them also but being different doesn't make him handicapped or anything else than a GREAT kid!!! So from from one mom to another, never worry about what others "think" about your child, you are the only one who "knows" who your child is and what they need! <steping off my soapbox now>:hug:

Marna,
Do not let what a crazy aunt say brother you. Some people when they get older feel they can say what they want when they want. DS is fne. He is a busy boy and she can not handle it.
John's mother is the crazy one for this family. Like you said not the good kind of crazy.

I finally caught up with you freaps! Lots going on here! Sorry MtBlu and Kellie you are both sad b/c your little ones are going off to college:hug: I missed a few b-days:hug: and just in general- one big freap :grouphug: for everything else I missed!

Hey freaps? Do we have to make a whole new thread when we get to page 250 again??? We are almost there- this will be thread #3 for us!!!:dance3:

My butt hurt sitting or lying down, though less when lying.
To find the townhomes, when you turn into the Inn side from the lobby, go straight ahead until you reach the double doors. They open up to a large stone staircase that leads down to the gardens in the center of all the Inn rooms. Along the left hand side are all the garden suites/ honeymoon suites (not sure of their official name- help me out Maggimus!). Each one had a small courtyard with a white picket fence, archway, mailbox, sitting benches, different themed mini-gardens- they are adorable, I can't imagine leaving them to do anything else! They have 2 floors, laundry, kitchens. I think I first saw them in a Birnbaums guide years ago
We went to 50's once and had a dud waitress. The other half of our section had a waiter who was a total scream. I considered inching closer and joining the neighboring family...

OMG! I will have to go and check that all out on our next trip!!! Sounds beautiful!!!

SHARK BITE:

Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice
Barcardi Limon
Barcardi O
Peach Schnapps
splash Barcardi 151 over top
garnish with cherries, oranges, or pineapple

Bottom's up

Good to see you back Madd and had an awesome time. We had Auntie Claire at Prime Time a while back and she was awesome. It's fun to watch newbie's faces when she catches their elbows on the table or they have to finish all their veggies:lmao:. Shark Bites (bucket drink at PI) are the only thing I order when I go there.

oooo- Our waitress made me eat "one more bite" of my veggies! I was just a tad bit scared b/c my belly was topped off with my martini- it could have turned out messy:lmao: ugh- who does she think she is shoving food down my throat:confused3 :eek: I saw a kid a few tables down that had his veggies shoved in his mouth- he looked almost as bad as I did:scared:

Also- The drink I had at PI had Grey Goose in it, not sure what if it was the Shark Bite- that was the ONLY ingredient I focused on and said- I'll take one of those! And then came the bucket!??:scared:

Hey guys, It's been raining here since yesterday about noon because of Gustav....Stinks....My company has been fantastic...my hubby not so much... :sad2: Feeling kinda low. Was just checking on everyone else, but it seems like all are elsewhere. Hope you are all doing better than I am. Love the pics of Madd and especially tickled at the comments about people not picturing you the way you look... Felt the same way about many of you, until I saw pics... it's funny though how you form ideas in your head about how someone may look...and then you see how wrong you were! :rotfl: Guess I better go hide out in the bath or something...
913441009a4839413261b224543617s.gif

I love seeing pics of people I talk to on the boards- you are right- you have this picture of them in your head and when you see them- it is such a fun surprise!!!:dance3:

I had one batty old aunt that told me I "really" needed to get DS into preschool. I told her that even if I wanted to(which I don't) that I couldn't because they have income guidelines in our county since they just have a few spots and we make too much money(ain't THAT a hoot:laughing: ). Here was her reply verbatim "Well, since he's handicapped I'm sure he can get in. They'll just send someone out to your house to talk to him and confirm it.":scared1: I didn't know what to say to her so I just turned around and went to my parent's room and started crying like crazy. I'm still not even sure what the heck she was talking about.:confused3 My DS is very rambunctious and boisterous but I don't think that's a handicap, is it? He has the vocabulary of a ten year old and the mind of a mad scientist so maybe that just threw her off.:confused3 After my initial shock and my dad retelling the story of how this same crazy aunt had been telling some of the family about her TWO encounters with aliens that very morning I felt much better.:lmao: And that was just one of the many low-lights of the trip.:sad2: At least the scenery is beautiful and we did get to hike some even though it was incredibly hot. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.

BTW, welcome home Madd!!!! We missed you but I'm sure you saw that we found a way to stay entertained.:rolleyes1

OMG Marna- that is so wrong- just keep repeating to yourself- this woman had (2) alien encounters (in one day!)- what the heck does she know!?:lmao: :hug:

....heck it took me about 5 years to get 2 encounters under MY belt:lmao:

A few more pics.....

This was our view from our room:
193.jpg

198.jpg

The lobby:
241.jpg

The freaky clown slide at the pool::scared:
188.jpg

and yes- I DID go down the slide a few times! It was PEER PRESSURE from SIL and the little one!:rotfl2: I would never live it down if I did not go down the slide!:rotfl2:

And THIS- is not a good pic of JD- But I wanted to snap a pic- it was in the window of a store on the West Side, there was a guy standing in front of it so- I politely asked (and smiled) if I can just get a pic real fast (which means he would have to move it or loose it).....and guess what? HE ROLLED HIS EYES AT ME!:scared1: ewwww! He rolled his eyes:rotfl2: I think he was just jealous that I wanted a pic of JD and not him- :thumbsup2

325.jpg

And look at this! When DH and I took Karlee on her first trip to Disney in 2005- we went to 50's Prime Time and our waitress was Aunt Claire- we took a pic
And this time- our waitress was not Aunt Claire (our waitress was not a good one this time!:guilty: )- however, we saw Aunt Claire and she took a pic with Karlee again! I thought it was so cool- I saw her walking into another area and I recognized her from the back! IT WAS AUNT CLAIRE! SHE WAS STILL THERE!
Welcome back! Great photos! That's so awesome that "Aunt Claire" was there to take another photo with Karlee 3 years later, I think it's sweet.

DD moved out today into her apartment for college.:sad2:

My son just left for college, too. I have been :sad: since he pulled away.

Awwww...HUGS to you guys. Reading your posts got me a little choked up too; my little DD is starting preschool in a week (already!) and I look at her and think before I know it, she'll be off to college too...:hug:

I had one batty old aunt that told me I "really" needed to get DS into preschool. I told her that even if I wanted to(which I don't) that I couldn't because they have income guidelines in our county since they just have a few spots and we make too much money(ain't THAT a hoot:laughing: ). Here was her reply verbatim "Well, since he's handicapped I'm sure he can get in. They'll just send someone out to your house to talk to him and confirm it.":scared1: I didn't know what to say to her so I just turned around and went to my parent's room and started crying like crazy. I'm still not even sure what the heck she was talking about.:confused3

I'm sorry your aunt said that, that stinks. But I had to giggle when you said she told everyone about being abducted by aliens twice that morning, I'm glad hearing that made you feel better. I have an aunt who's not so nice either, she says a lot of back handed comments that just drives me bonkers, that and she talks so much crap about us (my family) behind our backs! :headache: Don't let her get to you! :hug:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Looking at Madd's photos got me super excited for our upcoming DL trip...it's not WDW, but it's quick fix for my Mickey's addiction. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter