Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time posting... Pardon my lack of understanding. I have BC booked (at a discounted rate through a TA) for the 3rd week of August. If free dining becomes available, will I be disqualified due to the discounted room?

Yes. You could however opt to do free dining instead but the price of your room would revert back to rack rate.

I should also add that some TA packages do not allow you to add free dining at all. Many of those booking the Labor Day package through a magical agency cannot add free dining at all because the tickets are under a convention package.

In general, no, but when going in September, the bounceback is typically free dining for the following year in mid-late Aug through late Sept/early Oct.

Smitch: DO BB offers act as normal ressies? I mean if I book one for the $200 down while I am there am I able to cancel or modify if the dates do not work as long as I am outside of my 45 day window?

Smitch: DO BB offers act as normal ressies? I mean if I book one for the $200 down while I am there am I able to cancel or modify if the dates do not work as long as I am outside of my 45 day window?

Yeah. Same policies. BUT, Disney is using a new modification policy apparently as of this week.

The only way I can explain it is that the dates you want to mod to have to be available as a new booking in order to modify.

I don't have the modify button either, only cancel and I haven't paid it in full yet.
Also does anyone think the hopper tickets are worth it over the Xmas period?
Hoppers are a must for us especially during the Christmas time period. Some of the parks hit capacity and then they come in VERY handy.

Air Canada Vacations website appears to have their free dining up as an option for the dis hotels they offer in their packages (they don't offer all of the hotels).

Out of the ones I clicked on for some November dates - These had FD: POP, All Star Sports, Music, CBR, CS, AOA (no LM listed), AKL, BWI, Poly, GF. These did not: All Star Movies, POR/POFQ. No other dis hotels are offered by Air Canada.

I also very curious if Pins (UOCs) go out what they'll include? POR again? No PH requirement...time will tell

2015 Walt Disney World vacation packages including free dining is rumored to be available for Disney Visa card holders tomorrow (April 27th 2015) Then available later in the week to the general public. From Enchanted Memories Travel website

Thank you. That's the exact package I have booked. Good to know.
Yes. You could however opt to do free dining instead but the price of your room would revert back to rack rate.

I should also add that some TA packages do not allow you to add free dining at all. Many of those booking the Labor Day package through a magical agency cannot add free dining at all because the tickets are under a convention package.

Yep! Not sure how it will work with the online system, but in the past, you were able to call and speak with guest services (most front line phone CMs can't access bounceback offers), and they could move your dates/resort pending availability under the original bounceback offer you are booked under, even after the booking period for said bounceback has expired.

As a DV holder on the west coast without a current reservation, I think I'm going to set my alarm for 4am. Even if the offer is available to all at 6am EST on line, I'm thinking the system will not be able to keep up with all the traffic. I think the extra hour sleep on a Monday is worth the slight chance that it might go through sooner.

Are you able to book more than one reservation on a Disney Visa dining offer? If we were to have another family coming with us, could we do both reservations with our DV or would they have to wait for the GP offer?

Is it possible to get a discounted rate through a TA for the rooms/tickets and add free dining? I'm guessing not, but wanted to double check in case.

So... what's the consensus on if you think a 6 night/7 day minimum package will be required?

No, as someone else mentioned, I think it was just part of the advertisement for a suggested package. I can't imagine they would require both a park hopper and a new minimum number of nights in the same year. Now, if we are talking about next year....

Has everyone checked their modify reservation link to make sure it works?

I used it a few weeks ago to change resorts but I had to call in to change dates. Looking at it right now going from top to bottom I can change vacation package, have to call to change dates or party size, can change resort, room type, and tickets, I cannot change memory maker, and I can change dining plan and add transportation. Must call to change travel insurance.

Fingers crossed that if changes are made it doesn't crash. :)

Are you able to book more than one reservation on a Disney Visa dining offer? If we were to have another family coming with us, could we do both reservations with our DV or would they have to wait for the GP offer?

You can, with a fresh deposit for both.

Is it possible to get a discounted rate through a TA for the rooms/tickets and add free dining? I'm guessing not, but wanted to double check in case.

No. FD requires a full price room.

No, as someone else mentioned, I think it was just part of the advertisement for a suggested package. I can't imagine they would require both a park hopper and a new minimum number of nights in the same year. Now, if we are talking about next year....

I know, at the rate things are going, next year you'll have to purchase a 6 night stay at a deluxe resort with 7 day PH and check in dates only on the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of September and October, lol. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter