Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way DH and I will be able to go this year is if Free Dining is offered when we go and if we can get a friend to come with us to share the cost of the room. We went to WDW last year, and we constantly talk about how we could make it work to get back. Free dining is probably our answer. I'm a teacher, though, so it's usually impossible for me to go during that time because our work week is almost always when FD begins. However, I noticed that Labor Day is later this year, so that might change our school calendar a week later! (I'm really hoping at least!) The stars will have to align for all of this to work out, but we'll see!

Let's say we stay from August 21-29, but free dining starts on August 28. Will they give us free dining for the entirety of our trip if we stayed during a free dining period? I looked at the historical dates for free dining and now my hopes have kind of died a little. :-(

Let's say we stay from August 21-29, but free dining starts on August 28. Will they give us free dining for the entirety of our trip if we stayed during a free dining period? I looked at the historical dates for free dining and now my hopes have kind of died a little. :-(

No. Sorry. :sad1:

But if free dining ended on Aug. 21st and you checked in on the 21st, you could get it for up to two weeks. It just doesn't work the other way around.

DH and I are planning a short resort stay (followed by a eek long Disney cruise) in Sept. if they offer free dining, we would have to buy a 2 day ticket?? We were only going to do MK once and add a water park and more. So we would not be able to get free dining?

DH and I are planning a short resort stay (followed by a eek long Disney cruise) in Sept. if they offer free dining, we would have to buy a 2 day ticket?? We were only going to do MK once and add a water park and more. So we would not be able to get free dining?
Yes, you have to buy a 2 day ticket.

Maybe skip the water park and do another park day since you'll be on the cruise with a pool and slides? Or just use a room discount if offered.

Free dining was offered, the Beach Club was not excluded (no idea how many rooms of each type were actually available and on what dates) and the blackout dates were November 2-November 8. You would have to wait for the offer to see if it will be available for your dates this year though. The blackout week at that time is usually Jersey Week. If that's the week of Election Day then it will be that week.

We are going during Jersey week, I didn't know they blackout that week for free dining! :sad:

Yes, you have to buy a 2 day ticket.

Maybe skip the water park and do another park day since you'll be on the cruise with a pool and slides? Or just use a room discount if offered.

Such a bummer because we love TL, especially without our 5 kids. :guilty:

I am a DVC member but helping a friend plan for a trip to Disney Thanksgiving week. Last year, it looked like free dining went until the Friday before Thanksgiving, then there were blackout dates and then it picked back up again.

If they check in the Friday before Thanksgiving, will they still get free dining? I know that, in normal cases, they would get it as long as they check in by the final day of the offering. Not sure how it works with black out dates though... :confused3

TIA!

I hope free dining does become available for all that want it this year, but although I hate to rain on anyone's parade October and November were CROWDED this year. Like, way beyond what was predicted/more than last year (according to people who were there the same time both years). So I second the advice that if you are hoping for it, do NOT book in advance. People staying in November trying to book bouncebacks for April weren't able to get it because dates were already FULL.

As for CBR, since this is the first year it will offer 5-person rooms, I'd bet it will still be part of free dining if/when it's released. I wonder if word will have spread enough/people anticipating POR being excluded like last year to make a difference in the occupancy numbers. Disney discounts are so much fun to try and predict! :lmao: I REALLY hope they don't offer it all again in May though, if only to save my poor TA's sanity. And I honestly feel like it clogged the phone lines up and made it MORE difficult to get for the dates/resorts you wanted.

Someone asked about PL a couple pages back--the portraits were included with Memory Maker. I think it was about $40 + tip for the Mermaid package and slightly less for the Empress package (we had one of each). It was a great experience, my girls had a blast!

If they check in the Friday before Thanksgiving, will they still get free dining? I know that, in normal cases, they would get it as long as they check in by the final day of the offering. Not sure how it works with black out dates though...

As far as i know black outs dont matter. If your checking in on a day included in the offer its good for your entire stay.

Following along to obsess with others waiting for info on FD. I was really hoping I would see a BB offer for FD when we went last week but it was a percentage off Deluxes and Mods :worried:

Come on FD :cheer2:

I remember when they announced it this year it was at the same time as the mine train opening wasn't it? System went into meltdown.

Following along to obsess with others waiting for info on FD. I was really hoping I would see a BB offer for FD when we went last week but it was a percentage off Deluxes and Mods :worried: Come on FD :cheer2:

That's typical though. Wouldn't worry about that.

Not sure if it is a sign or not, but the BB offer in the late summer of 2014 was for FD in September 2015. As that has been common practice, I am hoping that FD will continue its common practice this Fall!

impatiently waiting for free dining for this fall. Planning a trip for October/November of 2015. Would be my husbands and Step DS's first trip!!!! Hope we can make it work!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter