Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
impatiently waiting for free dining for this fall. Planning a trip for October/November of 2015. Would be my husbands and Step DS's first trip!!!! Hope we can make it work!!!!!

Me DW & DS are going for the end of October/beginning of November also. We want to hit both Mickey parties in 1 trip.

If I have a disney visa debit card, not credit, would I be able to book (free dining) when the disney visa card holders are offered it first? Being that it is usually offered to that group before the general public. TIA

If I have a disney visa debit card, not credit, would I be able to book (free dining) when the disney visa card holders are offered it first? Being that it is usually offered to that group before the general public. TIA

Absolutely.

Hi all! :) We are also hoping for free dining in September. I have a question... We are thinking about staying at CBR for 4 nights before our cruise, but only doing a 2 day ticket along with MNSSHP. How does the free dining work then? Meaning do you get free dining for the 4 nights or just the 2 days you have park tickets? TIA!

Hi all! :) We are also hoping for free dining in September. I have a question... We are thinking about staying at CBR for 4 nights before our cruise, but only doing a 2 day ticket along with MNSSHP. How does the free dining work then? Meaning do you get free dining for the 4 nights or just the 2 days you have park tickets? TIA!

The dining plan is tied to the number of nights of your stay, whether you get it free or pay for it; it has nothing to do with the number of days on your ticket.

I'm pretty sure sure I already know the answer, but just want to confirm. If Disney runs a period of time with both free dining AND discounted rooms (like last fall), you can't apply both offers to your package, right? It's just one or the other?

I'm pretty sure sure I already know the answer, but just want to confirm. If Disney runs a period of time with both free dining AND discounted rooms (like last fall), you can't apply both offers to your package, right? It's just one or the other?

Correct. You have to run the numbers and choose which one is right for you.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

If you google it there are a few sites out there that help you determine when free dining is the better offer. Its basically if you are staying at a mod and plan on utilizing the plan to its max, use all of your table service meals for the more expensive choices and snack credits for the higher priced snacks. Most of the time if you doing a deluxe resort you save more with the room discount. I still prefer free dining though because that way my vacation is basically paid for before i arrive.

I still prefer free dining though because that way my vacation is basically paid for before i arrive.

that's why we always get it but this trip is the first time we are going for free dining because of the number of people going

If you book at art of animation, do you get regular free dining or quick service free dining? If its quick service how much does it cost to upgrade to regular?
Thanks!:yay:

If you book at art of animation, do you get regular free dining or quick service free dining? If its quick service how much does it cost to upgrade to regular? Thanks!:yay:
It would be the quick service dining plan. I believe it is $18.05 for an adult per day to upgrade and $3.20 for a child per day to upgrade. Hope that helps.

I'm travelling with another family in September. We booked both rooms and I put both deposits on my Disney visa. If the fd promo comes out can I add the fd to both reservations? I'm making sure I'm off of work that day and I know my sister in law will be working.

I'm travelling with another family in September. We booked both rooms and I put both deposits on my Disney visa. If the fd promo comes out can I add the fd to both reservations? I'm making sure I'm off of work that day and I know my sister in law will be working.

You'd have to be able to verify the info on their reservation, but if you can you should be able to.

Hypothetical example:

I book a week trip before free dining is announced.

Free dining is announced and my week is within the promotion.

Question:

Are there only a certain amount of rooms reserved for free dining at each resort?

If so is it possible that people fill up those slots ahead of me and I might not be able to upgrade once opened to general public?

Hypothetical example:

I book a week trip before free dining is announced.

Free dining is announced and my week is within the promotion.

Question:

Are there only a certain amount of rooms reserved for free dining at each resort?

If so is it possible that people fill up those slots ahead of me and I might not be able to upgrade once opened to general public?

very possible.

every year more resorts have been excluded: POFQ, All Star Movies and last year POR. The assumption is that so many people are booking in anticipation of FD that Disney sees no need to offer FD at those resorts because they already have sufficient bookings there.

If you really need FD to make your trip happen you are better off waiting to book.

Disney Visa card holders often get to book FD a few days before the general public which is a big advantage.

What resort are you interested in?

Hypothetical example: I book a week trip before free dining is announced. Free dining is announced and my week is within the promotion. Question: Are there only a certain amount of rooms reserved for free dining at each resort? If so is it possible that people fill up those slots ahead of me and I might not be able to upgrade once opened to general public?

Yes, there are only a certain amount of rooms at each resort for the promotion. If there are 10 rooms available at your resort, and you're the 11th caller, you won't be able to add it for that resort, regardless of when you booked.

If you book at art of animation, do you get regular free dining or quick service free dining? If its quick service how much does it cost to upgrade to regular?
Thanks!:yay:

It's Quick Service but more than likely only for the suites. The only time I've seen anyone get free dining for the LM rooms was when the very first opened (thanks to these boards we were some of the lucky ones!). I haven't seen it offered since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter