• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But you have to buy tickets to get the free dining so how does that work out cheaper? Is it because you apply the ticket money toward AP renewal?
Yes, since I have to renew my passes anyway, I get a discount when I renew and use Disney cards bought at Target.
My daughters and I always have girls vacation during FD. I save by paying rack rate at the time of the vacation and eating for free. I already did the numbers and the discounts (IMO) are not that much of a savings.

Yes, since I have to renew my passes anyway, I get a discount when I renew and use Disney cards bought at Target.
My daughters and I always have girls vacation during FD. I save by paying rack rate at the time of the vacation and eating for free. I already did the numbers and the discounts (IMO) are not that much of a savings.

Ok, I guess. I just rather give Disney a monthly interest free payment vs giving them it all upfront :P

But I see what you're saying. So you buy the tickets with gift cards you purchase at Target, effectively giving you a discount on tickets. Then you use those "discounted" tickets, which qualifies you for free dining, to buy an annual pass and rinse, repeat?

Ok, I guess. I just rather give Disney a monthly interest free payment vs giving them it all upfront :P

But I see what you're saying. So you buy the tickets with gift cards you purchase at Target, effectively giving you a discount on tickets. Then you use those "discounted" tickets, which qualifies you for free dining, to buy an annual pass and rinse, repeat?

How long do you think disney is gonna float those payments to Florida?

I'm guessing not that long. They want bank...and more importantly people that are willing to pay them in chunks...payment plans send the wrong message for the new world order.

I'm guessing not that long. They want bank...and more importantly people that are willing to pay them in chunks...payment plans send the wrong message for the new world order.

Maybe I'm missing your point. You don't have to have your trip paid for until, what, 45 days in advance or something like that. Why give The Rat your money and let them collect the interest if you don't have to? All they have is my deposit and that's it. I have no intention of paying it off until I have to.

Maybe I'm missing your point. You don't have to have your trip paid for until, what, 45 days in advance or something like that. Why give The Rat your money and let them collect the interest if you don't have to? All they have is my deposit and that's it. I have no intention of paying it off until I have to.

Not talking about that...

I'm talking specifically toward the monthly allowance for annual passes.

They didn't have any choice in California...but WDW is vastly different. They have made it brutally clear that they in no way want budgeted travelers there...that's not "luxury" and they've crossed the rubicon when it comes to pricing people out.

Because before they didn't do that they were losing the market to Universal that does.

Because before they didn't do that they were losing the market to Universal that does.

They seem to have actively abandoned the fight over universal customers altogether.

I honestly thinks they could care less if anyone from central Florida ever sets foot in the park again...they don't come with open wallets blazing on high profit items...

But they have to maintain the "fight" publically for wall street

Not talking about that...

I'm talking specifically toward the monthly allowance for annual passes.

They didn't have any choice in California...but WDW is vastly different. They have made it brutally clear that they in no way want budgeted travelers there...that's not "luxury" and they've crossed the rubicon when it comes to pricing people out.

Ohhhhhhhh, ok. Gotcha.

I'm having one of those moments where I feel like I made a huge mistake lol! I can't decide if I should switch BACK to Sports. Grrrrr do we risk not staying at the resort we want to stay at and possibly miss FD, or do we book at the resort we don't want to be at in hopes we might get FD. I'm worried that if this all drops Monday that they will also increase the room rates. Because we are staying 14th through 23rd I can't risk increasing the room rates. Sigh. Am I crazy? (I also thought Movies would be included which is why I switched from sports but now after reading it seems like it will be the only excluded.)
Just because you switch to a resort you might think will be having FD doesn't mean you'll get FD. That said resort would have to have allotted rooms with FD and you would still have to log on or call to try to get it, it's not automatic. I would suggest staying where you are and if FD comes out you can try to move and snag a room wherever you can. I think I would be more disappointed in a trip if I were staying at a resort I didn't want to than staying where I want to but having to pay for dining.

I'm in a different position; I will stay in whichever All Star resort has Free Dining because financially, I need it. I'm only in my room 6 or 7 hours a day, sometimes less, so I don't even notice the resort decor. We have stayed in all of them, and yes, I prefer the movies because it is so cute. However, they stopped including it in Free Dining a very long time ago. I have seen it included in the International offers more recently though. So, for us, Sports or Music, it's six of one or half a dozen of the other, as they say! :p

The only reason I am even going to try to get FD on Monday is members of my travel party want the DP.

I am just hoping that FD drops early on Monday like it did last year.

I'm hoping FD drops on the 24th also. Take it for what it's worth: saw on another site, FD could be the 24th but they're also getting some info pointing to May 1 as the release date

I'm hoping FD drops on the 24th also. Take it for what it's worth: saw on another site, FD could be the 24th but they're also getting some info pointing to May 1 as the release date

From the other thread here at the DIS
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ng-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3576059/page-604

Good morning everyone. I was off since 6:30 last night and just reading through what was posted I just want to clarify some things.

Here is what I've been told:

Offer will drop on Monday 4/24.

Disney Visa holders will not be able to book before the GP.

Values and Mods will get QSDP.

I read someone posted last night that I said POR was included in FD. That's wrong!!! POR is included in Aug and Sept for FD, but is EXCLUDED for Nov and Dec.

I also read that I dropped the "bombshell" that PH's wouldn't be required. WRONG!!! I said I was told that "tickets" were required for the FD package. When I asked did that mean PH or PH+'s I was told they were told "tickets" were required. I took that as could there be a possibility that maybe base tickets get it done? I asked everyone to keep your mindset that you'll need PH or PH+'s to get FD. Once again this is my interpretation.

I am trying to find out the starting dates for Aug & Dec. And I also am trying to get more info on the ticket requirements.

I also know that ASMo is excluded along with the Little Mermaid rooms at AofA for the entire FD offer.

I have to work today from 7:30AM EST to about 1:00 this afternoon so if I hear anything new I will let you all know.

Have a magical day!!!

I'm in a different position; I will stay in whichever All Star resort has Free Dining because financially, I need it. I'm only in my room 6 or 7 hours a day, sometimes less, so I don't even notice the resort decor. We have stayed in all of them, and yes, I prefer the movies because it is so cute. However, they stopped including it in Free Dining a very long time ago. I have seen it included in the International offers more recently though. So, for us, Sports or Music, it's six of one or half a dozen of the other, as they say! :p
This was us when our children were small. If not for FD, we would have had to skip many trips to WDW when they were the perfect age.

The only reason I am even going to try to get FD on Monday is members of my travel party want the DP.

I am just hoping that FD drops early on Monday like it did last year.
We have a family of 6 of the 6 we are all adults on the dining plan . We have 3 (18 year olds and a 13 year old ) DH and myself. . Free Dining is a better deal over RO discount. For our family.

Has there been any news on whether Disney will honor if i book the last day of free dining in September for an extension into October? I know it use to be honored for 14 days past the end of the offer.

Has there been any news on whether Disney will honor if i book the last day of free dining in September for an extension into October? I know it use to be honored for 14 days past the end of the offer.
If your actual check in date is a FD date, you should be fine.

Has anyone heard if Port Orleans Riverside will be excluded completely or just certain weeks for the free dining in the fall? Over the past few years it seems to be excluded only for certain weeks and not completely. Hoping that doesn't change this year.

Has anyone heard if Port Orleans Riverside will be excluded completely or just certain weeks for the free dining in the fall? Over the past few years it seems to be excluded only for certain weeks and not completely. Hoping that doesn't change this year.

The rumor is POR will be included in the initial few weeks. There's some debate whether that will start Aug 13th or 21st. The consistent end date seems to be Sept 30th. October is completely blocked out and then it picks back up for some of Nov and Dec. The rumor has consistently been that POR will be included in that Aug-Sept time frame and then excluded after that. Of course, nothing is for sure until it's actually released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter