Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PoP is an odd bird. You can get a standard on the opposite of the main pool. Just a few minutes walk to the front. Really just a few more steps actually. We def had the sweet spot. Close to the pool, the busses, and an awesome view of three different fireworks.

I said POR not POP.

We have also stayed at POP, enjoyed the food court but not much else.

I said POR not POP.

We have also stayed at POP, enjoyed the food court but not much else.
I guess it really does depend on how much time you spend at the room. The years I've been there it has been a place to just relax and sleep. I find the rooms on par with any other standard hotel. There are three nice pools, nice walking trails, lots for children to do if there is down time, close to some of the parks and Disney Springs. I find that most of my time is away from the room so this is pretty much a place to store my items and rest my head after a long day at the park. I'll continue to go back.

I guess it really does depend on how much time you spend at the room. The years I've been there it has been a place to just relax and sleep. I find the rooms on par with any other standard hotel. There are three nice pools, nice walking trails, lots for children to do if there is down time, close to some of the parks and Disney Springs. I find that most of my time is away from the room so this is pretty much a place to store my items and rest my head after a long day at the park. I'll continue to go back.

We are very similar actually, we are huge fans of ASSP, we have just had two very bad stays at Pop, one was mold in the room and the other was a cleanliness issue. The first time the service was very bad and it took a large amount of time to resolve and for them to move us to a different room. They could not keep us within preferred and did want to refund us the difference. Eventually it was resolved, so we tried to stay there again, when we went into our room it smelled like smoke, my daughter has an allergy and we expressed our concern, they said they would clean it. When we returned the small had improved, but we actually found cigarette buts and hair in the tub. That time we asked to be moved to a different resort.

I know that it is possible to have less than perfect experiences at any hotel, in fact we had one at POR, but it is how it is handled that makes or breaks it for us.
We are pro-value resorts, we don't spend hours upon hours in the room, double beds do not bother us, not having a slide or a hot tub doesn't bug us.

We are very similar actually, we are huge fans of ASSP, we have just had two very bad stays at Pop, one was mold in the room and the other was a cleanliness issue. The first time the service was very bad and it took a large amount of time to resolve and for them to move us to a different room. They could not keep us within preferred and did want to refund us the difference. Eventually it was resolved, so we tried to stay there again, when we went into our room it smelled like smoke, my daughter has an allergy and we expressed our concern, they said they would clean it. When we returned the small had improved, but we actually found cigarette buts and hair in the tub. That time we asked to be moved to a different resort.

I know that it is possible to have less than perfect experiences at any hotel, in fact we had one at POR, but it is how it is handled that makes or breaks it for us.
We are pro-value resorts, we don't spend hours upon hours in the room, double beds do not bother us, not having a slide or a hot tub doesn't bug us.
I can totally see how these few experiences could put a bad taste in your mouth. I'm sorry about that. That is really unfortunate. This will be my first trip will I will actually have two days off not in the parks. I will probably actually get to enjoy the pool. I've never even stepped foot in the pool in all the years I've been.

I booked a BB FD offer when I was there last fall and your September dates (and mine- we ended up booking a BB for July) were specifically excluded from FD. Everything after 9-10 was excluded from the BB FD dates. We never know what they will do with FD until they come out with it, but given the BB dates, it is possible if not likely that your dates will be excluded. Mid to late September has been so crowded over the past few years due to F&W and MNSSHP that Disney may not have to offer those dates to fill rooms.
Do you remember what the BB FD dates for 2017 were? Wondering if they might be pretty similar to general public FD offer..
thx!

Do you remember what the BB FD dates for 2017 were? Wondering if they might be pretty similar to general public FD offer..
thx!
I don't remember what the exact dates were but I think they stopped in the middle of sept. I think I was booked at the 7th and I think the 9th was the last day for sept and all of oct was not offered.

I hope not ;) I hope it covers waaayyy more of september!!!
We can only hope. Just about two and a half more months till we hear something. I'm sure they will start the free dining post soon. I have always followed it and it wasn't till last year that I actually joined the boards.

:fish:Was lucky enough to do a bounce back for a family suite at AsMusic we then decided we wanted the whole family to go I called to try to have them added to my ressie and was told no so now on the lookout to get free dining for my people

:fish:Was lucky enough to do a bounce back for a family suite at AsMusic we then decided we wanted the whole family to go I called to try to have them added to my ressie and was told no so now on the lookout to get free dining for my people
Yeah if you make any changes to the room, you can add peole to your room and reservation, but unfortunately can't add a whole new room.

We stayed at All Star Sports last September and we had free dining. We stayed there from the 11th through the 20. My friend was there from the 23rd through the 1st of October and he also had free dining.

That is true, last year was different. I think all of sept was covered. I think this year will change, but even if the 23rd was included but the rest wasnt. The whole trip would be covered as long as the first day falls in the free dining.

PoP is an odd bird. You can get a standard on the opposite of the main pool. Just a few minutes walk to the front. Really just a few more steps actually. We def had the sweet spot. Close to the pool, the busses, and an awesome view of three different fireworks.
Can you please tell me what building you stayed in ? We have never stayed in Pop but I think we are this trip and I would love to ask for your Sweet Spot at Pop .

Can you please tell me what building you stayed in ? We have never stayed in Pop but I think we are this trip and I would love to ask for your Sweet Spot at Pop .
I believe it was the 60's. Its the building to the right just as you walk out on the right side. The play dough with lake view. I would even think the 50's with lake view would get you the same thing. But the 60's lake view was, in my opinion, the sweet spot. I wish I knew what building it was.

I believe it was the 60's. Its the building to the right just as you walk out on the right side. The play dough with lake view. I would even think the 50's with lake view would get you the same thing. But the 60's lake view was, in my opinion, the sweet spot. I wish I knew what building it was.

Building 4

Thank you. I tried so hard to find the buildig numbers.

No problem. We were in 5, the other 60s building. Standard room, lake view, just around the corner from preferred rooms. Basically everything you said about 4, minus the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter