Free dining on wdw travel company

I have just priced up the exact same stay as we have this year in the summer and the price is 17% or a massive £700 more :scared1:

We won't be booking that as it just doesn't make sense - we will rent points to supplement ours.

The total costs works out to nearly $14 a point. I can rent points for around $10 a point giving me $2000 for food and we can eat where we want :thumbsup2. We will have APs anyway so don't need the tickets (or headache of upgrading an ultimate).

Wow for our same dates next year as this year with free dining it is coming out at £800 more for the 4 of us. At those prices I can't see us going back anytime soon. I did a check with CO though and it was £500 cheaper than direct with Disney. We have already decided not to go back next year but with rises that big it just won't be worth it. We did a big trip last year to Tokyo and Australia and i think if the prices are that high there are new places I'd rather visit. Tokyo was amazing and I'd love to spend a bit more time touring Japan whilst still getting my Disney fix and a rather surreal one at that!

TBH the only reason I will even consider another trip with prices as they are is because our youngest DS will only just have turned 3 when we go this trip and I'd love him to go back and remember the magic. Saying that we talk about Tokyo Disney all the time and he remembers giving Donald a high five and a big cuddle to Pluto.

Quite a few people on the Dibb seem to have saved quite a bit today booking through Complete Orlando. One chap was quoted £1100 cheaper from complete Orlando than from WDW travel company. Only difference was $200 gift card seemingly.

Might be worth checking out if anyone is desperate to book in the next couple of days x

Thanks for that. I will give them a call. Not desperate to book in the next few days but I am goinig to make a decision and stick with it. I have to ask myself at what point I am going to say that's it - it's just not worth it. Tbh with the quotes I pulled on Disney UK today I am at that point. So it will be down to CO offering a better price or we will do Australia or Canada instead next year.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2

Anyone considering the "free" dining offers check and double check your figures before booking. Could be worth waiting for a room only deal and paying for food.

Just been looking at the new prices.
A room at the Beach club next August is £296/nt (add tickets to get free DDP) less 3% Quidco = £287

This August same dates a room at the Beach club is £191 less 10.1% TCB = £180

Or renting points works out at around £120/nt (depending on price you pay per point)

I know prices will go up a little for the latter 2 prices for next year but the "free" dining looks to be priced into the room rate, especially if there is only 2 in a room.

Ooooo renting points I always forget about that option. We love the Yacht club. Now I have o work out how much we would spend at the Parks on food and Coral Reef steaks.

Once you stay at the Beach Club there is no going back. The location is fab.

Well because we only got free QS this year at a moderate and paid to upgrade, OKW next year with free regular dining is coming out less than we have paid this year! I'm thinking about it :)

£3,324. Or £237 per night. Or £59 each a day all in. (Family of four 'Disney' adults).

(Math is rounded up so not perfect I'm lazy!)

If the difference was £1100 I suspect its on a room which Disney have not finished loading the discounts yet.
For the quote I got they were £160/nt compared to Disney at £179/nt but the Disney booking would get discount when tickets added, 3% cashback & $200 giftcard. making it around the same on either site.

I also don't like CO's booking conditions, if you want to amend your booking they will charge you an admin fee of £35 fee (unless you increase your booking £500) Disney don't charge a fee unless you reduce the cost of your holiday.
Another problem I had with my CO booking was I couldn't book online dining ressies, I had to do them all by phone, I assume this has been sorted now.

I think you're right. When I phoned yesterday afternoon the lady told me that the discounts on OKW / SSR are not fully on and availability and prices won't be live until Monday. Conversely someone on the Dibb had phoned and been told the discounts were already included.

I am quite new to the booking direct with Disney malarkey but it hasn't taken long for me to realise that where anything website / app is concerned, it is best to let them have a few days to iron out the technical issues!!!

I am quite new to the booking direct with Disney malarkey but it hasn't taken long for me to realise that where anything website / app is concerned, it is best to let them have a few days to iron out the technical issues!!!

Or if the errors are in your favour book ASAP as many did this time last year and got a bargain. They all seem to be in Disney's favour this year.
It's common with Disney websites, their tech dept is useless.

Or if the errors are in your favour book ASAP as many did this time last year and got a bargain. They all seem to be in Disney's favour this year.
It's common with Disney websites, their tech dept is useless.

Maybe disney opted on the side of caution this time when loading things on after last time.
Although it made the offer worth it for me last time, this time not so much ;)

:goodvibes

Well because we only got free QS this year at a moderate and paid to upgrade, OKW next year with free regular dining is coming out less than we have paid this year! I'm thinking about it :)

£3,324. Or £237 per night. Or £59 each a day all in. (Family of four 'Disney' adults).

(Math is rounded up so not perfect I'm lazy!)

I found similar pricing up OKW after pricing up our moderate. Is that for a studio? Mine came up at £179 per night last night (dates for June next year) and worked out about the same price as POFQ for the same dates.

Of course that said, there is every likelihood that I check it now and everything has changed :rotfl:

I have priced up a 1 bed at OKW for next Oct with both Disney and CO. Disney came out at £4400 and CO were £4068. Both included the 14 day Ultimates. Also ocean Florida quoted me £7999 with flights. I am certain I could get 5 flights for under £4k at the start of October

Mum and I thoroughly enjoyed the QSDP last year and loved Coronado Springs Resort, staying at a value resort would save us £600 for 14 days, but then we'd have to buy food and not sure how likely it would be to stay below $65 every day for 2 adults...

Lots to think about....

I don't think I will ever be going back to SSR. Just priced up 21 nights next August.
1 Bed = £4949
2 bed = £7098

Free dining included but a far superior 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek would cost me £1960.

So an extra £2989 for a 1 Bed or £5138 for a 2 bed.

So I can spend $213 a day extra on food and still come out even if going for a 1 bed or a massive $366 if staying in a 2 bed. I would never spend that much even if eating a Disney every day.

Also even if I went for the 1 bed, it is so much smaller than Bonnet Creek so can't really compare the 2. I do love SSR but a no brainer now. Glad we managed to enjoy 3 trips there before the prices went crazy.

If you don't mind staying in a studio then I still think its a good deal, especially if there are 4 of you over age of 9.

I found similar pricing up OKW after pricing up our moderate. Is that for a studio? Mine came up at £179 per night last night (dates for June next year) and worked out about the same price as POFQ for the same dates.

Of course that said, there is every likelihood that I check it now and everything has changed :rotfl:

Yes that was for a studio. Website was all over the place last night! I thought my above quote was good really.

I don't think I will ever be going back to SSR. Just priced up 21 nights next August.
1 Bed = £4949
2 bed = £7098

Free dining included but a far superior 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek would cost me £1960.

So I can spend $213 a day extra on food and still come out even if going for a 1 bed or a massive $366 if staying in a 2 bed. I would never spend that much even if eating a Disney every day.

Also even if I went for the 1 bed, it is so much smaller than Bonnet Creek so can't really compare the 2. I do love SSR but a no brainer now. Glad we managed to enjoy 3 trips there before the prices went crazy.

If you don't mind staying in a studio then I still think its a good deal, especially if there are 4 of you over age of 9.

I'm in agreement. For much less than an SSR studio we could probably get a room at a nice hotel, a very nice hotel near by.

:goodvibes

1 Bed = £4949
2 bed = £7098

Do you book bonnet creek direct or through another site?

Glad they have annouced free dining but it just doesnt seem like you get as much for your money! We plan on returning with out toddler so looked at possibility of POR and quick service and paying OOP for a couple of character meals. For us its the flights i have the issue with!
x

Do you book bonnet creek direct or through another site?

I always book through www.vacationupgrades.com They are fantastic to deal with. This will be our 5th trip booking with them. My friends also booked through them last year and my brothers family this year also.

I can't recommend BC highky enough, I am so glad we stumbled upon it. Always surprised that I never hear any other English voices while there.

I always book through www.vacationupgrades.com They are fantastic to deal with. This will be our 5th trip booking with them. My friends also booked through them last year and my brothers family this year also.

I can't recommend BC highky enough, I am so glad we stumbled upon it. Always surprised that I never hear any other English voices while there.

Meant English accents, everyone speaks English!!!

Thanks will check them out :)

Yes that was for a studio. Website was all over the place last night! I thought my above quote was good really.

It sure was! There were points I was questioning my own presence of mind, lol. It seems to have settled today though. Yeah, your quote was similar to mine as I was also looking at a studio, although we only have 2 in the room so saves us on park tickets, and I though it was good - almost too good to be true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter