Free dining on wdw travel company

It sure was! There were points I was questioning my own presence of mind, lol. It seems to have settled today though. Yeah, your quote was similar to mine as I was also looking at a studio, although we only have 2 in the room so saves us on park tickets, and I though it was good - almost too good to be true!

In very close to booking. Not really supposed to be going next year but worse case scenario if we have to cancel its £200 lost. I lost a lot more this year by not booking early! Website seems to have found a brain now ;)

In very close to booking. Not really supposed to be going next year but worse case scenario if we have to cancel its £200 lost. I lost a lot more this year by not booking early! Website seems to have found a brain now ;)

Are you going to go with OKW? We are so hooked on POFQ but at the price I'm quite tempted now

Are you going to go with OKW? We are so hooked on POFQ but at the price I'm quite tempted now

Actually I'd prefer POR or POFQ but with a paid upgrade of QS to regular dining plan it's more money. Really I'd prefer the Beach Club but I think our Beach Club days are over unless we leave it till 2015. I'd be okay with QS dining but my hubby loves the restaurants and my 14 year old lad inhales food.

Actually I'd prefer POR or POFQ but with a paid upgrade of QS to regular dining plan it's more money. Really I'd prefer the Beach Club but I think our Beach Club days are over unless we leave it till 2015. I'd be okay with QS dining but my hubby loves the restaurants and my 14 year old lad inhales food.

We could be twins :rotfl2: I prefer POFQ too but we actually want the QSDP and don't really want to be doing TS. Food is not a big part of my life but my daughter on the other hand ...... It's like she has a timer that goes off every hour to remind her to think of eating!

So ironically it's the QSDP being the deal breaker at OKW as there seems no way to book room only for a lesser price and pay for the QSDP and that frustrates me. However, since my last post, DD has been surfing youtube vids of OKW and is now saying she wants to give that a go. She just wants a waterslide in the pool and a boat to get to DTD. So easy to please ::yes::

We could be twins :rotfl2: I prefer POFQ too but we actually want the QSDP and don't really want to be doing TS. Food is not a big part of my life but my daughter on the other hand ...... It's like she has a timer that goes off every hour to remind her to think of eating!

So ironically it's the QSDP being the deal breaker at OKW as there seems no way to book room only for a lesser price and pay for the QSDP and that frustrates me. However, since my last post, DD has been surfing youtube vids of OKW and is now saying she wants to give that a go. She just wants a waterslide in the pool and a boat to get to DTD. So easy to please ::yes::

I'm pretty sure you can use TS credits for QS meals. If its free there's not a 'value' issue I guess if you prefer QS anyway. I've read the rooms at OKW are the biggest studios and I think they were fully refurbished in the last 2 years. Looks massive though. I'm still hovering....

We've booked too found a price was very happy with do went for it OKW 2 weeks in September can't wait x[/Q

Does anybody know if the uk will get a promotion free dining plan for sept 2013 staying at a POR.thinking of booking but cant see any offers,heard that US are getting a FDP offer in May,will UK get the same offer dont know what to do.

I don't think I will ever be going back to SSR. Just priced up 21 nights next August.
1 Bed = £4949
2 bed = £7098

Free dining included but a far superior 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek would cost me £1960.

So an extra £2989 for a 1 Bed or £5138 for a 2 bed.

So I can spend $213 a day extra on food and still come out even if going for a 1 bed or a massive $366 if staying in a 2 bed. I would never spend that much even if eating a Disney every day.

Also even if I went for the 1 bed, it is so much smaller than Bonnet Creek so can't really compare the 2. I do love SSR but a no brainer now. Glad we managed to enjoy 3 trips there before the prices went crazy.

If you don't mind staying in a studio then I still think its a good deal, especially if there are 4 of you over age of 9.

I'm thinking the same thing, so stuck on what todo right now!
We also want 21nights at SSR in a 2 bed i think that price without flights is insane!!!! So gutted as it cost us last October £4800 for 16 nights SSR 2bed with 6 adult tickets!!

scoobydooby said:
I'm pretty sure you can use TS credits for QS meals. If its free there's not a 'value' issue I guess if you prefer QS anyway. I've read the rooms at OKW are the biggest studios and I think they were fully refurbished in the last 2 years. Looks massive though. I'm still hovering....

Thats right you can have a QS credit instead of a TS. It is cheaper for disney to provide a QS. im not sure of the set up with the QS plan ie what you get BUT we booked 14TS this time and I cancelled 8 of them as we ate at some great QS in dtd and AOA.
With dvc we dont get free dining so bought the TIW card. This covered our tips and gave us a few dollars more off the bill. Some CS places like AOA POR/FQ Flame tree in AK gave 20%off our bill and no need for tip. If I had a choice again of DDp or QS I would def do the QSDP.
After reading this thread and seeing the prices people have been quoted I am so glad I bought into dvc when I did. I know it costs me £145 a month (based on exchange rate at the moment) and £645 dues for the year but I get to stay at any of the deluxe resorts depending on points and time of the year (and if availiable of course).It was our first time going in April and it is a fab time to go. We absolutely loved wilderness lodge villas . BLT was nice and for our standard view studio we had a partial view of MK. Our lake view we had a full MK view and on floor 14. Personally I would not stay there again but it is a lovely place.just prefer the more rustic ambience of WL or AKL.
Before buying I rented points and ok there was no ddp but for the extra cost of the room non dvc it was still less to add. You also dont have to have the ddp for the whole stay.
Im sure there will be some better deals coming out. We are already looking at next april(beginning due to easter at the end) or mid may even last week in march. Our TIW card runs out the 31st May 2014 . As it will be only me and DB we are wanting to do US and IOA as DB has never been so we will be staying off site for 3 -4 nights before moving onto either AKL WL or BC. After reading about some great restaurants offsite from wayne and Luke and the price they were paying compared to us onsite we could have had 3 meals for 1!!!!!
Anyway I hope everyone finds a great deal and continues to share their deals and bookings. Although we have only been back 2 days we are already planning which is the fun part about it. We also came back with $198 on our food card; DB has $231 and I have $134 so we have quite a bit towards our next hols for spending.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2Tiggies said:

I'd definitely go with OKW. As others have said you can use your TS credits at QS but with the TS plan you have the opportunity of dining at some great restaurants. For me the choice is a no-brainier (but that's just my opinion). We've stayed in everything from a value to a deluxe/ villa and I own DVC. Although I've never stayed at OKW (I've visited numerous times) the atmosphere, amenities, transportation and villa with a balcony far trumps a mod room. The only one thing I will criticise is the QS - it's small and limited for choice (unlike either of the PO resorts) however it's easy to get to DTD and in any event I guess you'll be spending most of your time in the parks. Whatever you pick I'm sure you'll have a great time :)

We stayed at OKW last year with the free DDP in a 1 bed. We absolutely LOVED the resort. It is quiet, laid back and very pretty. It was a tranquil place after visiting the parks and the rooms were incredibly spacious.

I found that the DDP was an unexpected highlight of the trip. We are not 'foodies' and rarely eat out at home as a family, so this was a complete departure for us. We experinced so many wonderful restaurants that I am sure we would have ruled out if we had been paying OOP.

I loved OKW and the DDP so much that I am saving like crazy so that we can go back and do it again...and I wouldn't change a thing.:)

We are almost ready to book.We've priced up the Yacht Club with WDW and its coming out at £5564 for 16 nights at the end of August,which with the DDP we are more than happy with.we are the family that plan our holiday around our dining,we don't get out much at home(due to constantly saving for Disney) so when we get there we're like kids in a sweet shop:)
I nearly went ahead and booked the VH Flydrive at £4123 but had a re think and decided that we really can't afford to pay more than £3500 for the four of us to fly,so I am relying on you guys to point me in the right direction ;) Also we wanted to compare prices with The Contemporary Resort but they're not out yet,has anyone reading this stayed there,if so what are your views on it?

I'm thinking the same thing, so stuck on what todo right now!
We also want 21nights at SSR in a 2 bed i think that price without flights is insane!!!! So gutted as it cost us last October £4800 for 16 nights SSR 2bed with 6 adult tickets!!

I always use to think that I would enjoy a non Disney resort as much as Disney but thankfully I just love BC. Rooms so much bigger, even than a 2 bedroom. I love the pool areas aswell, much better than SSR. Saying that, I did love the free dining when prices were half what they are now.

ChipnDaleRule said:
We are almost ready to book.We've priced up the Yacht Club with WDW and its coming out at £5564 for 16 nights at the end of August,which with the DDP we are more than happy with.we are the family that plan our holiday around our dining,we don't get out much at home(due to constantly saving for Disney) so when we get there we're like kids in a sweet shop:)
I nearly went ahead and booked the VH Flydrive at £4123 but had a re think and decided that we really can't afford to pay more than £3500 for the four of us to fly,so I am relying on you guys to point me in the right direction ;) Also we wanted to compare prices with The Contemporary Resort but they're not out yet,has anyone reading this stayed there,if so what are your views on it?

Although not stayed at the contemporary we have just returned from blt next door. The location is lovely and a 5 min walk to MK. Access to monorails is a plus. I cant comment on the rooms as we stayed in the villas. I have not stayed at the yacht club but looking at it and if you have children I would stick with that. Tracy(elise) loves blt and so do a lot of others but to us we preferred WL. Its a personal choice. The pool area at contemporary is not appealing at all but again thats my own opinion.

Not sure if you've stayed at Yacht Club before, but just to say the Beach Club has better QS options (not great but better) and is nearer to the entrance to Epcot. The rooms are just different by theming. Yacht more formal than Beach Club. Price should be identical.

Also we wanted to compare prices with The Contemporary Resort but they're not out yet,has anyone reading this stayed there,if so what are your views on it?

The prices were out but for some reason when free dining was released theyve disappeared. Have you tried calling?
Its a convention hotel, so does get booked up fairly quick.
We enjoy the hotel as we tend to visit MK a lot and love the walkway to MK.

Not sure if you've stayed at Yacht Club before, but just to say the Beach Club has better QS options (not great but better) and is nearer to the entrance to Epcot. The rooms are just different by theming. Yacht more formal than Beach Club. Price should be identical.
thats good to know :thumbsup2

We've stayed at BC & YC. We actually preferred the YC as the lobby is quieter and most of the rooms have full balconies,but when we stayed at the BC we were next to the secret entrance and it was a 3 minute walk to EPCOT:thumbsup2
The prices were out but for some reason when free dining was released theyve disappeared. Have you tried calling?
Its a convention hotel, so does get booked up fairly quick.
We enjoy the hotel as we tend to visit MK a lot and love the walkway to MK.

Just called Disney,July August and September are blocked out,but she didnt know why.She said call back monday.
Although not stayed at the contemporary we have just returned from blt next door. The location is lovely and a 5 min walk to MK. Access to monorails is a plus. I cant comment on the rooms as we stayed in the villas. I have not stayed at the yacht club but looking at it and if you have children I would stick with that. Tracy(elise) loves blt and so do a lot of others but to us we preferred WL. Its a personal choice. The pool area at contemporary is not appealing at all but again thats my own opinion.

The pool at Contemporary is the only thing that concerns me.SAB is awesome,but we've done Y&BC twice now so im thinking its time for something new:confused3

We have stayed at the Contemporary and own at BLT.

We love the resort. The theming and feel of the resort, walkway to MK, the boats to WL and FW, the monorail. The tower rooms are really large and very nice.

The garden wing rooms are exactly the same as the tower however I have never stayed there so can't comment personally.

Contempo cafe does good CS food.

The pool is nice enough. It's not SAB however it's next to the lake perfectly large enough for the resort and the slide is surprisingly fast! We didn't enjoy SAB as it was too busy for us.

Called the UK Walt Disney travel company today asked if UK will get free dining plan offer for Sept 2013,they said no more 2013 promotions for the rest of the year,anybody know if thats correct,Thanks

Called the UK Walt Disney travel company today asked if UK will get free dining plan offer for Sept 2013,they said no more 2013 promotions for the rest of the year,anybody know if thats correct,Thanks

Sounds right. Once they move to the next year they don't usually go back.

You can book through Disney US though to get their offers which are released much later.

Sounds right. Once they move to the next year they don't usually go back.

You can book through Disney US though to get their offers which are released much later.
thanks for the info,having trouble to get on the US Disney website but keeps diverting me back to the UK site, any idea how I can get the US site,thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter