"Free" instant & unlimited FASTPASS - "best kept Disney secret"?

Well of course..SSR is the newest DVC resort, there will be no problems. The older resorts may have problems.
There are many ways to look at it, depending on several factors. No one is an expert. Just do yourself a favor & reserch it before buying in. It is a long term contract. If you have a large family, you would likely need a few hundred points, which could add up. Anyway, good luck

True....I guess you never know until you've been there.And until you've seen it for yourself:wizard:

Could someone tell me where exactly the DVC is and how I would arrange a tour there? Did I read correctly that they would pick us up from our resort and then drop us off at the park?

Currently, DVC is at Saratoga springs resort. here is the number 1800 500 3990. they will pick you up if your staying at a Disney resort & drop you where ever you wish to go on Disney property..tour is about 45 mins & no pressure. make sure to ask for fast passes when you speak to them. You also get ice cream when the tour is over..:)

Very cool - thank you! Is that 3 fast passes per person per day or only 1 fast pass per 3 people per day? Also, do your children get to be watched close to where the presentation is? Thanks for any info!

everyone in your group gets a fast pass for the length of your stay. be sure to tell them that. Yes..they have a place for the kids while you view DVC.
dont feel presured to buy then and there. Remember, theres always resales
:thumbsup2

everyone in your group gets a fast pass for the length of your stay. be sure to tell them that. Yes..they have a place for the kids while you view DVC.
dont feel presured to buy then and there. Remember, theres always resales
:thumbsup2

Thank you very much!

I was there in mid December and this is how it worked for us

1. The presentation that you take at the Magic Kingdom was about an hour long. You could take one at Saratoga Springs that lasted several hours, they came and picked you up at your hotel and brought you back). Longer if you waited around to ask questions. They have neat prizes they give away and give you a very large book and bag with all the info in it. They also offered free bottle waters that came in handy later.

2. The kids were directly behind the theater style seats with a CM who was trying to keep them entertained. Never out of site!

3. The fast passes were for 3 rides total. It didnt expire until 4 days after the presentation. We only had to use it once because all the rides had walk on lines that lasted no more than 5 minutes so we never needed it. But the best part was if they were still giving out fast passes no matter what time was on the come back clock your pass said to go on right then. So at EE the clock said to come back in 5 hours we went on immediatly.

4. The vacation club seems like a very good deal if you plan to go often. Just remember that the ones Disney is selling right now are only for Saratoga Springs. The other resorts (Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, ETC) will not be your HOME resort and you do not have first bid on these resorts. You can only make plans for another resort 7 months prior to your vacation unlike 1 year with your home resort. If you have your heart set on a different home resort look at dvc by resale .com or time shares only .com. These offer people selling their time shares. Also the lease (That is what your are buying) expires in 2047 for the other resorts and 2054 for Saratoga Springs.

If you plan on taking the tour I have the two guys name and phone numbers at my other house. If you email me then I can get them to you so you can call and get most of the information sent to you before hand, 1. So your more informed going into the presentation and 2. You wont have to haul around the book and bag with you all day (they usually have it around 1pm)

So were the fast passes for the same 3 attractions for the 4 days? Were they all at MK? Do they have several presentations throughout the day? We are going the week before Easter and those fast passes just may be worth it!

Thanks!

I am sorry to ask so many questions here but I am confused.....:confused3

1. Where in the MK do you go for this presentaiton? It is about an hour - my kids are 17,17 and 14 - will they need to stay with us?

2. What 3 rides were the fastpasses for?

3. Were they only good in the MK or were they good in all the parks? and if in all the parks what rides?

4. Do I need to pre-register for this????

Thanks for your replies....:flower3:

My sister just bought into DVC - SSR - she is taking her first rip in May and is very excited....

I just called the DVC to get some answers from Disney! :thumbsup2

If you go to a DVC presentation at the MK or a private tour at Sarasota Springs you will get 3 VIP (instant) fast passes for everyone who went. They are for 3 rides (I think, not sure though, fast pass rides) at any of the 4 parks and are valid for 4 days.

We are interested in learning more about the DVC so they are sending us info on it.

The presentation at the MK (about 45 min) goes over this info from the packet. You can also have a private tour of Sarasota Springs that lasts however long you need it to depending on how many questions you have and what you want to see. He said he has done these in 30 min for people who are familer w/ the DVC.

Hope this makes sense and helps!

Do you think 3 instant fast passes are worth this for the week before Easter? I am thinking they may be!!

well..I went on the tour at saratoga resort. I thought it was worth it. Just tell them you cant stay long & you can be out in an hour. They dont pressure you to buy. I did not buy in, I thought it wasnt worth it in my situatiion. The fast passes worked great & is instant. You may also want to look at th re-sale market for DVC. Lots of people sell them & you could save some money.
Anyway, enjoy Disney!!:thumbsup2

I am sorry to ask so many questions here but I am confused.....:confused3

1. Where in the MK do you go for this presentaiton? It is about an hour - my kids are 17,17 and 14 - will they need to stay with us?

2. What 3 rides were the fastpasses for?

3. Were they only good in the MK or were they good in all the parks? and if in all the parks what rides?

4. Do I need to pre-register for this????

Thanks for your replies....:flower3:

My sister just bought into DVC - SSR - she is taking her first trip in May and is very excited....

1. The MK presentation takes place in the same building with Tony's Town Square Resteraunt. A CM will take you to the back where an old theater is.

2. The fast passes are for ANY RIDE that has fast passes.

3. The fast passes are good for ANY PARK.:woohoo:

4. You need to pre-register at the Vacation Club Kiosk next to The Chapeau.

You need to pre-register to make sure the presentation isn't full and you also need to make sure that they put down that you want the Fast Pass on the card you fill out.

I think you can rigister at any DVC kiosk but I know you can do it at the one in the MK. Dont worry it really isnt high pressure. They did give us a special discount if I bought it then, but when asked they said it will last until after we have been home for a couple of weeks. They want you to enjoy yourself so you will tell other people about your good experience

Thank you AutumnKlassic... were is the Chapeau? I was just telling my husband about the fast passes... he asked me if they were good for all four days (can we use it day one in MK, then the next day in EP, then in AK)... didn't know the answer... I am sitting here trying to do a spreadsheet with some numbers on it to see based on our travel history if DVC is the way to go for us or not.... I am looking forward to what they have to say!

piper..i was thinking about it as well. DVC resorts are not taken care of as well as the regular resorts. Ive heard stories of resorts becoming worn, ripped rugs...I normally stay at a value resort and I enjoy it. Remember, Im not going to WDW for the room at all. I could easily spend more for nicer room, but why bother. We only sleep there after we get back from a day at the parks. By then its 11pm, at that point I could sleep on a bed of nails!
With DVC, the maid comes every 4th day unless you pay extra. Weekends use the most points. I just booked 6 days at walt disney dolphin for $125 per night, end of August....But you should take the tour and get the fast pass
they will pick you up at your and drop you where ever you want to go. Ask first to make sure you get the passes for your family..worth it!:yay:

Sorry if I take this a little bit off topic....

I'm not sure where you are hearing your stories from, but I think you have been mis-informed. I have been a DVC member for 6 years and have stayed at numerous DVC resorts including the "older resorts". I have NEVER had a room that was not maintained with ripped carpets etc... Disney also rents out DVC rooms to cash paying guests not only to DVC members, therefore, their rooms have to be maintained to the same level as any other resort. Also, people are buying into DVC like crazy, we aren't going to spend this kind of money if we are getting substandard rooms. It doesn't make sense.

Last time I heard, you could see rooms at DVC locations assuming the rooms weren't booked and there was somebody there to accompany you. I would suggest looking into this if you are concerned about buying and getting stuck in unmaintained rooms.

If anybody is interested in DVC for reasons other than the free fast passes, I highly recommend it. We have already "paid for" the cost of the DVC with the vacations we have taken. We didn't purchase to make money or for an investment, we did it because you pre-pay for your vacations and it allows us to stay places we wouldn't normally be able to afford if we had to pay for it each year.

The Chapeau (where mickey ears are embroidered) is located in town square. As soon as you go under the railroad on the right ide you can see it directly across from you. We used the Fast Pass only once because we never needed it. You can use it at ANY PARK, on ANY DAY (in the time frame), for ANY RIDE (that offers fast passes).

A question for someone who has taken advantage of this offer!

Ok, as usual I'm CONFUSED! :scratchin The fastpass is good for the length of your stay, at any park. BUT can you use it unlimited times for any ride that uses fastpass, or are you limited to using it on 3 rides?

Thanks in advance for clearing my confusion up!
Kayla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter