"Free" instant & unlimited FASTPASS - "best kept Disney secret"?

DEBDENBD

Earning My Ears
We just returned from our 1st Disney vacation. On the 4th day of our trip we passed by the DVC stand at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. As my kids & I shopped my husband spoke with the DVC representative...

As incentive for visiting the DVC presentation, we were offered a free, 4-day instant & unlimited FASTPASS . The rep said the presentation lasted 45 minutes and on-site care would be provided free for the kids while adults took the tour.

Since we were on day 4 of our 5-day trip we turned the offer down, but had we known the first or even 2nd day this would have been a great blessing and allowed us to go on SO many more attractions! My husband talked with the DVC rep because he couldn't believe the lady was serious and she stated the free Fast pass was "THE best kept secret at Disney". While getting in Fastpass lines I'd noticed some people had a lanyard with a plastic Fastpass on the end, but when I asked the CM at line, they would just reply, "it's a special kind of Fastpass" and dismiss my curiosity.

So in hopes of making somebody else's Disney vacation more magical I'm posting this info... I don't know if it was an offer just for us or even one that the public's supposed to know about, but I would definitely stop by the DVC desk and ASK them what's in it for me?

What an awesome thing to know! It would be worth the presentation to get that for the entire trip. How cool!

Staying at the BWV and definitely going to check this out in March! Plus, I want to get into the vacation club - DH says no way. Maybe he'll change his mind! That is so cool - thanks!

Sorry, what is DVC? Can you bring your child with you for the tour? I would not be comfortable leaving her with strangers.

Also, we will be going to WDW on a Sunday and just hitting DTD. It would be great to get these on that day. Do you know if they are always there?

Could the lanyards you saw be med/light blue in colour? Those could be the dream fastpasses. These are giving out as a dream by the Million dreams sqaud.

I know that DVC has given out non-designated fastpasses for taking the tour in the past, meaning not limited to which ride or time you use them. But the fastpass was generally a one time use item. So you could have been offered a set of 4 non-designated fastpasses.

Pj

Could the lanyards you saw be med/light blue in colour? Those could be the dream fastpasses. These are giving out as a dream by the Million dreams sqaud.

I know that DVC has given out non-designated fastpasses for taking the tour in the past, meaning not limited to which ride or time you use them. But the fastpass was generally a one time use item. So you could have been offered a set of 4 non-designated fastpasses.

Pj

Yes! the lanyards were blue in color and had little tabs (like file folders) around the outsides... The way the DVC lady explained, she said we could use it any ride, in any park for four whole days (it sounded almost too good to be true) she kept saying, imagine being able to go on Space Mountain (the kids' fav. ride) ALL NIGHT LONG with no wait!! Maybe she was offering us a DREAM!!??

About childcare, she said you could leave your kids in their care on-site, supervised. I got the impression you could take them or leave them, your choice, but again we did not go on the tour so I don't know for sure.

Yes! the lanyards were blue in color and had little tabs (like file folders) around the outsides... The way the DVC lady explained, she said we could use it any ride, in any park for four whole days (it sounded almost too good to be true) she kept saying, imagine being able to go on Space Mountain (the kids' fav. ride) ALL NIGHT LONG with no wait!! Maybe she was offering us a DREAM!!??

About childcare, she said you could leave your kids in their care on-site, supervised. I got the impression you could take them or leave them, your choice, but again we did not go on the tour so I don't know for sure.

I did the DVC presentation and got the fast passes. They were good for 4 days but only for three attractions.

Anyone else done this? I agree an unlimited fastpass would be worth going to the presentation, especially since we are thinking about DVC, but probably wouldn't do the presentation this upcoming trip (too short) unless we would get the unlimited fastpass . . .

WE recently returned from DW and had the presentation. My kids went to the childcare area while my husband and I sat through the talk. The kids loved the play area and I felt very safe with them there. We were given one card per person that was good for 3 instant fastpasses. So if you would fast pass a ride the fast pass return time would show immediately even if the board time showed a return in 3 hours. They were good for a couple of days but again were only good for 3 rides.

Disney and Universal and Six Flags have all had various forms of fast passes.

This snap off tab idea, probably started with the Year Of A Million Dreams promotion, might catch on as a method of giving deluxe resort guests more perks.

(Did the timeshare prize actually have seven tabs although only three could be used one-time each for any purpose?)

Now I am tempted to go to a timeshare presentation just to get one of those things for a souvenir in case the YOAMD folks don't tap me on the shoulder.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

The timeshare fast passes were just like a credit card or park ticket that you put into the fast pass machines and it would spit the paper out. After we used the last one, something printed out on the fast pass itself along the lines that it was the last pass available on that card.

i did go on that DVC tour, was about 45mins at SSR last November 06. I received the fast passes & it was awsome...lasted the 4 days we had remaining at WDW..just like a credit card and it was an instant fast pass at most rides. You insert the card in the machine and out comes the pass, ready to go on ride right away!!..we were lovin life..and no, we did not bye DVC.. ;-)

Does anyone here think the DVC is worth it....my DW and I have been thinking about joinning. We stayed at All-Star Movies last time, I know it would be a big upgrade in Resorts.....but is it worth the $$$ for someone who is only going to go once every other year with a family of 4.

Thanx!:thumbsup2

piper..i was thinking about it as well. DVC resorts are not taken care of as well as the regular resorts. Ive heard stories of resorts becoming worn, ripped rugs...I normally stay at a value resort and I enjoy it. Remember, Im not going to WDW for the room at all. I could easily spend more for nicer room, but why bother. We only sleep there after we get back from a day at the parks. By then its 11pm, at that point I could sleep on a bed of nails!
With DVC, the maid comes every 4th day unless you pay extra. Weekends use the most points. I just booked 6 days at walt disney dolphin for $125 per night, end of August....But you should take the tour and get the fast pass
they will pick you up at your and drop you where ever you want to go. Ask first to make sure you get the passes for your family..worth it!:yay:

Yeah I agree, I didn't really care much about the hotel room all that much by the time I got back to the room. We spent the majority of our time at the parks, so the hotel doesn't have to rank extremely high for me. I was just wondering if it really does save money over staying somewhere like the All-Star Resorts in the long run?

you get a larger room with kitchen and stuff but that uses alot of points. I think the DVC rooms go up in value over the years. I dont think you could lose money with it. I feel that your basicly prepayying for your vacations. I was going to buy into saratoga springs, which is the newest DVC resort but decided not to. The place is huge. Animal Kingdom is coming out with DVC very soon. I look for specials when I go, usually end of August. Many schools start by then and its less crowded. Also, sometimes WDW offers free dining.popcorn:: ...try staying at pop centry....its the newest value:wizard:

We love being DVC members....bought into SSR last March and have stayed once since then and will be going 3 more times in the next year. SSR was beautiful, the rooms are gorgeous(more like a condo than a hotel room) and there was NO sign of any ripped rugs or uncleanliness. In fact, the rooms were perfect compared to any of the Disney hotels that we have stayed at in the past. If anyone wants to ask any questions about our DVC, just pm me and I'll answer anything I can. Also, the tour is nice. The child-care room is well-managed and our kids 5 & 7 at the time said it was fun. We also got ice cream sundaes afterwards! It is a nice tour if you have the time. We, too, were given fast passes---one for each of us and they were good for 3 immediate rides each. Hope that helps:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter