From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the trick for printing the entire FE list? I cant remeber if someone said they were organizing a master list to be distributed on board? I'm getting quite forgetful as it gets closer.

Too funny you said that ... I told hubby we would have to find a drag-queen store to get her shoes ... :rotfl2:

Must be the niche marketing that Burlington Coat Factory have.:rotfl::rotfl:

I feel sorry for your DD. I had the same issue growing up, but the shoes that I could get at that time were horrible. Yuk.

Is your DD tall?

I have never bought shoes online, but there are some stores online that sell larger sizes too.
--Kay

Uh oh, in my excitement I already put the tags on. They wont pull them from the baggage carousel before they send them out for us to grab, will they????

I'm not sure if DCL has a 'behind the flap' access or just the public access. IMHO, I wouldn't take the chance...pull off the tags and re-apply them on the 6th!

If they do grab them, will they be waiting for us at the pier on the 6th? I can live out of my carryon if they grab them. Uggh, more stress.

I have no idea if they look closely at the ship/departure/etc on the tag prior to pull them from the carousel or just when they are at the pier, again...IMHO, I wouldn't take the chance of the bag not arriving at the correct ship for the correct cruise:confused3...pull off the tags and re-apply them on the 6th!

Thanks to all for the response to the Ducky session charge! Interestingly, we have a personalize Sorcerer Mickey that Ducky did for DD one evening when we bumped into him on Deck 4 at sunset...We'll be at the general sessions for certain!

Sorry about that Carmen. Such a big pain. Get as much done as you can do in your enforced computer downtime and then you will have more time here when the virus has gone!!!

computer security guy at work suggested a freware program called ccleaner.com and it's been a blessing for me. no viruses (i also run norton dailyF) and it keeps the puter running fast and clean. tehy ask for a donation when you download but you dont have to. FWIW

Doh. Fingers crossed that you get it fixed quickly.
-Kay

Thanks! I have antivirus software on there and it even ran a scan at noon yesterday. Then last night while researching rental cars in Aruba, I started getting all these popups telling me that I have trojan virus and that I NEEDED this antivirus software. Popups would not stop and I could not get any webpage to open. DH googled the "antivirus software" on the desktop and discovered it was a virus trying to convince you that your computer was in danger of having password, ect stolen and this "software" was the only thing that would solve it. We have instructions how to remove it but it wasn't working properly. We're going to work on it in a bit. At least I do have this desktop (I can sneak a few minutes here and there for it) and my iPhone (pain to type long responses on) so at least I can still keep up some. Oh, what would we do without our electronics?

Chilly & drizzly here in Houston...brrrr...
Yes, it is! Don't like it.

Good morning all! We are just doing the final checks and then we'll be loading the car up and heading off to the airport. Thank you for the well wishes. We will need it for the very long journey ahead.

We will be in the states very soon and hope to see some of you shortly!

Safe travels :goodvibes

Also, my grandson's football team won the court battle and will be playing for the WV state high school AAA state championship Saturday at 7:00. I can hear it on line.:cheer2:
Good luck!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My 12yr old DD is now wearing size 10 shoes .... My only question is where do I get her shoes next .... I know she's not through growing, but I only see shoes going up to a size 10 ..... (I have never dreamed this would be a concern of mine, as I wear a 5!) ... :confused3
My DD is 11 (12 in March) and wears between a 7.5 and 8 and still growing. Wonder if we have size 10 to look forward to? One thing that is nice is we can share some shoes. I wear an 8-8.5 so she can wear my flip flops and some flats of mine as they are just a tad big on her. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding black flats that she likes so it looks like she'll be wearing some of mine. She doesn't "love" them, but they'll do for the cruise.

I'm going to the store tomorrow and get started on making holiday candy. Last year I skipped out on it because I was gone from just after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas doing the cruise and WDW so I'm really looking forward to getting started on it. The only downside, it's hard for me not eat it as I have to make sure it turned out okay, right ?:rotfl:

Also, still waiting on docs. TA said that they should be here soon. I just want to look at them and hold them :)

The vow renewal lady said she would "confirm" everything 45days prior to our sailing. However, I still haven't heard from her ... grrrrrr .....
Meanwhile, I wanted to confirm the guest list. I have:

1 me Mavis Renee
2 Hubby Stephen Bailow
3 DD Nicole
4 DD Courtney
5 Jill B
6 Danny B
7 David M
8 Teresa A
9 David L
10 Gail L
11 Lynne Z
12 Leonard Z
13 Charlotte G
14 John B
15 Melissa S
16 Mikayla S
17 Tenya T
18 Carly T
19 Linda (need last name and conf number)
20 Eilena (need last name and conf number)

Please let me know if this is not correct ... Thanks :hippie:

I wouldn't count on anything until you get on the ship. They confirmed the date with me - I had things personalized and then they changed the date on me! :headache: Now my DH has things that are dated 3 days before our actual vow renewal. I did not find out the confirmed date until the day of the cruise when I spoke with the coordinator on board. Be aware that the land coordinator is different and the ship coordinator is the one who has the final say.

Have a wonderful time! We loved it!

What is the trick for printing the entire FE list? I cant remeber if someone said they were organizing a master list to be distributed on board? I'm getting quite forgetful as it gets closer.

I just copied the list into an Excel spreadsheet and then put it in numerical order. I don't know who's cabins they are necessarily but I figured it didn't matter since they all get something! Hope this helps!

Hi! Just came across this thread. Sending our info to Jeff soon. We'll be with you on this cruise. Deck 2 midship.

Looks like all we can still get in on is the FE exchange.

We are really looking forward to it! We need a break from this early winter in the South and have wanted to do a DCL PC crossing for a long time.

I'll never catch up on 4 whole threads, so if I need to share anything specific or post anything else, just let me know. :confused3

Thanks!!

My DD is 11 (12 in March) and wears between a 7.5 and 8 and still growing. Wonder if we have size 10 to look forward to? One thing that is nice is we can share some shoes. I wear an 8-8.5 so she can wear my flip flops and some flats of mine as they are just a tad big on her. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding black flats that she likes so it looks like she'll be wearing some of mine. She doesn't "love" them, but they'll do for the cruise.

My girls were trying to share shoes with me when they were 7. I just wouldn't buy into the "girls can wear heels at 7yrs..... Guess I am a mean Mom ... :lmao: .....

Shushh have a safe trip= looking forward to meeting you

SoothyMom- Looking forward to the ceremony- Charlotte

we are heading for DW tomorrow for two days. I hope it warms up

Is the list made up where everyone is staying prior and after the cruise? I can't seem to find it.

OK, I could not stand the flights the DCL gave us, so today, we booked another flight leaving the day before and we are going to stay at Old Key West for one night and have DCL pick us up at the resort instead of the airport.....we did the air through DCL so there was no way for them to change it.....

I've learned my lesson, no more air through the cruise line....not only do the flights stink, it's way over priced! Yes, they will change your flights if for some reason the cruise gets into port too late for your flight, but I'm not as worried about getting home as I am getting there! We will book the day before a cruise from now on and get our own air....

Well, getting so much snow this week was even more incentive to get to Florida and start this vacation sooner. :banana:

My girls were trying to share shoes with me when they were 7. I just wouldn't buy into the "girls can wear heels at 7yrs..... Guess I am a mean Mom ... :lmao: .....

My DD wants nothing to do with even a kitten heel or wedge. Even flip flops with a tad of a platform are a no. So at least I don't have to worry about her trying to wear my 4" heels.

Hi! Just came across this thread. Sending our info to Jeff soon. We'll be with you on this cruise. Deck 2 midship.

We are really looking forward to it! We need a break from this early winter in the South and have wanted to do a DCL PC crossing for a long time.

I'll never catch up on 4 whole threads, so if I need to share anything specific or post anything else, just let me know. :confused3

Thanks!!

Welcome to our group!

Thanks!!

Welcome. We are Bob and Valerie, from San Francisco. I would recommend you review the first page of this thread to learn about the events we are planning. It will also let you see what is still available and how to sign-up. Look forward to meeting you. Val

Thanks!!

Welcome! Make yourselves at home! All you need to know is on the first page of this thread! Beyond that, just browse. You'll catch up soon!

The vow renewal lady said she would "confirm" everything 45days prior to our sailing. However, I still haven't heard from her ... grrrrrr .....

1 me Mavis Renee
2 Hubby Stephen Bailow
3 DD Nicole
4 DD Courtney
5 Jill B
6 Danny B
7 David M
8 Teresa A
9 David L
10 Gail L
11 Lynne Z
12 Leonard Z
13 Charlotte G
14 John B
15 Melissa S
16 Mikayla S
17 Tenya T
18 Carly T

Where are you holding your vow renewal? Did you say Deck 7 aft? Can we look over the verandah from above and watch?

Shoes, the bain of my life!

Do you have a Payless near you? They have larger sizes (and they display by size too, which helps). Also Burlington Coat Factory had some, but the last time I looked, they all looked like the kind of shoes a transvestite might wear. (6" heel, bright red, bright purple - yuk!)

-Kay

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome.:wave: I'm Marilyn and will be with my husband John. Just a couple of oldies!!

Hello everyone,

I would like introduce ourselves. Forgive me, I'm new to posting and new to this whole cruise meet concept. My family & I will be going on this exciting cruise thru the Panama Canal. We have 2 connecting rooms on deck 2 aft. I will be traveling with my two girls who are 11 & almost 13. Then my mom and brother will in the other room. (My husband is not interested/unable to come.)

We have been fortunate to travel a number of times together to WDW. Then spring of 2009 we did a "try me" 3 night cruise on the Wonder. It worked! My family was hooked. I couldn't wait to get back on that ship. So needless to say we are super excited for this trip. We will be flying in on Jan. 1st and hit each of the parks once. I fell in love with the christmas decorations 2 years ago. So I'm excited to see the dream castle lights & the lights display @ DHS again.

I see you have a lot of things planned during the cruise. I don't know how much we will participate in. But it looks like there is a good chance we will bump into some people since it is such a big group. I'm hoping there are some nice kids that my girls can hang out with since it is such a long cruise. I would love to experience some of the adult areas from time to time.

Diane

Welcome on board.

Welcome Diane (and family)!

At last, DH and I are moving tomorrow -- so please send pixie dust that it stops raining (yes, in Los Angeles.... nope, I don't get it either).

If you were going to send us something pre-cruise and need our new address, please PM me!

No internet until Tuesday morning, but hope you all have a great Monday! :wizard:

I hope the move has gone OK.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can still get Dooney and Bourke ,not sure how to spell it lol, bags on the cruise ship? If so what kinda prices are they? Thnks

I very much hope that they still have them as I am determined to get a tassle bag this time round. On the WBTA the wristlets were $49, the tassle bag $160 and the largest tote was $225 there was one other tote that was either $190 or $199.

Don't know if the Dooney and Burke purses are still available onboard, but the ones in WDW were great, I love mine...mine is medium, not the smallest but not the largest 'tote' style, and it was $200. they have small clutches I believe under $100. I hope to get a DCL one onboard, even if its just the small wallet size one!

I'm torn for the formal nights too. I am bummed that 'princess' night is semi-formal, not formal. i have a beautiful full lenght princessy gown with long white gloves and tiara. not sure though if i should do it for formal night, or semi formal night, or both. decisions, decisions!

I am annoyed about this as well. One of my formal dresses is very princess-like and I was really hoping to wear that on the night that the Prince and Princess menu is served. Still, I now have a tiara to go with my semi-formal dress as well. I get my packages sent to work and our ladies in sales tend to hold my packages hostage so that I have to show them what is in it when I collect the package. When they saw my semi-formal dress and found out that I will wear this to our company Christmas ball, they convinced me to get a tiara to go with it. I will bring this to the cruise as well.

Good evening all! Its nearly 10pm here and I only just came home, in the process of scoffing down my dinner. Been a stressful and busy few days.

Its hard to believe that we're leaving for America in less than 48 hours!

Jen, how does one book the Cabana? It wasn't listed on the DCL website. Please excuse me if this has been answered before.

As for formal gear, I've got 1 dress that I'll be wearing for both formals and the semi-formal. Space is a premium! Anywhoo, hope you all have a great day.

I hope that you have a safe journey.

My SM reveal gift is breakable and is going in my carryone. I just put it in a brown box. Should I leave the battery at home?

Some people were interested in the fruitcake recipe I use. Rather than retype and post, I will give you the website. kingarthurflour.com search: sour cream fruitcake. You can use any dried (not candied) fruit. And, instead of brandy to soak the fruits, I use coconut flavored rum. This is the only fruit cake I will eat. I'm a picky eater. Enjoy

I searched the site, but could not find the recipe.

I was just daydreaming about our upcoming cruise and was wondering if any of the holiday decorations will still be up when we sail. My DH says no. I say I can dream, can't I? What are your thoughts??? Who's in the know??

Jackie

I asked this on the main boards a month or so ago and there were a number of people that had asked DCL and were told the decorations would come down January 3rd.

I thought it was interesting there will be a nominal charge:rolleyes:for the program...any thoughts on why Disney would chopse this special edition cruise to start charging?!?

Thanks! That one is actually closer for me (I'm at I-10/Beltway 8)...I'll check it out:thumbsup2

Thanks for coordinating, keeping fingers crossed!

Chilly & drizzly here in Houston...brrrr...

Glad your DOCs arrived abeit the world-traveler route:rotfl: On occasion we get random DCL docs for other DCL travelers, mind you ones we don't know and for sailings we are not scheduled to participate...and when I call DCL they say "oh MY, thanks for letting us know":lmao::lmao:...a couple of times we've been tempted to show-up with the docs and join the sailing:lmao::lmao:

Happy Wednesday, Everyone...our group has 4 weeks / 28 days until we're on vacation:dance3:!!

On the WBTA there was one family presentation and one adult presentation that were both free and then the possibility to sign up for private sessions that were charged for. They filled up very quickly even concierge guests were not able to get them.

Thanks!!

Welcome on board.

Corinna

Hey Corinna, I'm a bit worried about your Panama Canal countdown ticker. I see snow on those mountains. I sooooooo hope we won't be seeing any of that!!!!!!;):lmao:

I know I have tons to read to get caught up, but I received a call Monday night from Disney Cruise Line saying Captain Henry would be our Captain for sure....as sure as anything is with Disney!

Talk to everyone again soon. It is so good to be here at my daughter's and out of the snowy nasty drive:scared1: Thank goodness for my son!:hug:

Also, my grandson's football team won the court battle and will be playing for the WV state high school AAA state championship Saturday at 7:00. I can hear it on line.:cheer2:
:yay:Capt Henry,wait til I tell mum, she keep coming out with random cruise stuff, she so excited(arent we all right enough)she was talking about what capt we will get last night.

1 me Mavis Renee
2 Hubby Stephen Bailow
3 DD Nicole
4 DD Courtney
5 Jill B
6 Danny B
7 David M
8 Teresa A
9 David L
10 Gail L
11 Lynne Z
12 Leonard Z
13 Charlotte G
14 John B
15 Melissa S
16 Mikayla S
17 Tenya T
18 Carly T

:thumbsup2

Thanks!!
Hi and welcome, were Lynne and Leonard from scotland
Goodness, they have closed the Panama Canal because of floods!!! Lots of time to be sorted of course, but I didn't think this was the rainy season.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...docId=CNG.874e5931afc2b3f075fe5901b07be485.71
:scared1:
Hey Corinna, I'm a bit worried about your Panama Canal countdown ticker. I see snow on those mountains. I sooooooo hope we won't be seeing any of that!!!!!!;):lmao:

me too,

Ive SO had it with the snow, I had to carry all my asda stuff up the lane yesterday, man my arms were falling off by the time I was finished, its still worse than hopeless getting around, I had to take Len to the gym last night(not good for street cred:lmao:) to push me out the car park, man it felt good, first time Ive run for 2 weeks!:scared1:

My 12yr old DD is now wearing size 10 shoes .... My only question is where do I get her shoes next .... I know she's not through growing, but I only see shoes going up to a size 10 ..... (I have never dreamed this would be a concern of mine, as I wear a 5!) ... :confused3

Where did she get her feet? :confused3 Sure wasn't anyone on our side of the family. :rotfl: She is so out growing all of us. Then again, that is a good thing. :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter