From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed this post to my wife as she wears either a 11 or a 12. She suggested that for everyday shoes
you try Payless for expensive formal shoes you should try Nordstroms.

funny, did the opposite today, almost. got my shoes to wear with my formals at payless. ended out two pairs for $21 !! and i'd tried on the $150 at nordstroms and $70 ones at easy spirit, and looked at 80 ones at macys, and ended up with the comfy ones for 10 a piece at payless!! go figure.

Quick post to let those who sent me a PM with a request for the same dining rotation on main dining - the details have now been added by Disney per DU. I'm not sure how to check the status under the reservations, tho'.

Hope you're all having a stellar Friday / Saturday.

Cheers,
Sally :)

Thanks Sally! We're looking forward to seeing everyone on board.

I can't beleive 3 weeks from tonight I am on a 3 week vacation! Tonight was very busy at work with 9 admits on the board. I have also torn my meniscus in my right knee. Just awesome! I have had that knee operated on two times already. So for now PT once again and ice and hot tubs. I hope I do not get weird looks when I have my ice in zip lock bags on the ship. I am trying to prevent surgery at this point and have to build back my PTO before the knee can be done. Looks like late April or May. My TA has sent my documents so I hope to get them tomorow on Monday. Getting excited still getting My FE all done.
Lexi

funny, did the opposite today, almost. got my shoes to wear with my formals at payless. ended out two pairs for $21 !! and i'd tried on the $150 at nordstroms and $70 ones at easy spirit, and looked at 80 ones at macys, and ended up with the comfy ones for 10 a piece at payless!! go figure.
I think what she was trying to say was if you want more expensive shoes and need large sizes, hit up Norstroms. Always check Payless first.

My docs came today - overnighted by my friend in California. THEN I spent an hour on the phone with DCL trying to untangle my information from hers. HOW it got confused in the first place, I haven't figured out - since we haven't cruised together since 2002 - WHEN she had a different last name and lived in Florida! The guy tried to blame it on my TA, a personal friend who KNOWS where I live. OYE. What a way to run a business.

Have a good night, everyone!

Ummm, you were originally booked with Bruce so how could your TA have mixed you both up?? It was gremlins I say, GREMLINS!

Well the weather man was wrong again - I can only hope he stays wrong as they are predicting 8 to 9 inches tonight and another 5 to 6 tomorrow! Maybe it will all go nouth of here. My work Christmas party is tonight and I will keep an eye on the window. The only good think I can say is that our roads are in great shape as is our driveway thanks to DH.

For the first time in years, DH and I talked about moving south and out of the snow. Up until last year, I really didn't mind it but I will say, that has certainly changed. We shall see.

I am going to start packing this weekend for the cruise. I will put our dinner and cruise specific 'stuff' in the first bag, putting each item on a spreadsheet before it goes in the suitcase so I don't have to go digging to be sure I packed it. When that is done, the next suitcases will be daytime stuff which we will use in Pompano, Tampa and WDW before we go. That way at least one bag won't have to be opened. Ten days and we are on our way!

Have a great day, stay safe for anyone in the storm's way, travel safe if you are on the road and enjoy!

I am going to start packing this weekend for the cruise. I will put our dinner and cruise specific 'stuff' in the first bag, putting each item on a spreadsheet before it goes in the suitcase so I don't have to go digging to be sure I packed it. When that is done, the next suitcases will be daytime stuff which we will use in Pompano, Tampa and WDW before we go. That way at least one bag won't have to be opened. Ten days and we are on our way!

Have a great day, stay safe for anyone in the storm's way, travel safe if you are on the road and enjoy!

Great minds must think alike! That is exactly how I packed, right down to the spreadsheet!:laughing:

I can't beleive 3 weeks from tonight I am on a 3 week vacation! Tonight was very busy at work with 9 admits on the board. I have also torn my meniscus in my right knee. Just awesome! I have had that knee operated on two times already. So for now PT once again and ice and hot tubs. I hope I do not get weird looks when I have my ice in zip lock bags on the ship. I am trying to prevent surgery at this point and have to build back my PTO before the knee can be done. Looks like late April or May. My TA has sent my documents so I hope to get them tomorow on Monday. Getting excited still getting My FE all done.
Lexi

Bob has had both his knees operated on and the last cruise he was getting over a broken ankle. You have to call room service to get the ice but when I told them it was for a swollen ankle they were great, would bring it in a gallon sealable bag. Tell your room stewart and he will fill your ice bucket each day.

Did your PT give you the igloo icer (kind that holds like a 6pack of cans)? You fill the igloo with ice and water. It has a pump, hose and knee wrap. Plug it in and the ice water circulates around the knee, no leaking bags or dripping. Easy to fill and empty. Doesn't weight much plus the airlines don't count medical stuff, like CPAP machines and this ice thing, as part of the carry on limits. If you want more detailed info on the name of the machine (got ours at the hospital), let me know.

Val

So, Im bored at work.....snow isnt all that bad;) and was thinking.....

Last week for the cruise I bought a bottle of Glenmorangie ......... meaning
The Glen of Tranquility
SO............. who wants to come to 5009 for pre dinner drinkies on the 13th?
There wont be a lot of choice but I can promise bud,wine or whiskey:thumbsup2
How many can we fit in a cat 11 state room? might be fun trying to find out?
Anytakers? I am on late dinner so was thinking 7ish?
If theres too many we can spill next door to Mums.
I should tell Len and Mum my plans:laughing:

Sounds like a great idea to me!:woohoo:

And, once again, I am caught up. I guess it's nice to be in the same boat (no pun itended) with so many having challenges right now. It seems this fall as been rampant with them. Just when I think I'll have a normal week something else happens. I hope we can all experience some peace and quiet in the coming weeks.

We had another death in the family this week and had to go out of town mid-week. Another angel in heaven to look over us.

I managed to finish up Christmas shopping yesterday. Now on to FE gifts. We totally changed our minds on what to do, we went back to my original idea.

I hope Tweeky continues to do well and Des's puppies find a forever home soon.

Des, I hope you have some results from your tests. I know how hard it is not knowing what's going on.

I hope everyone else is feeling well soon!

Harole Ann, keep me posted on the Bruins. I'll be thinking of them tonight.

BRACELETS -- went out Monday. I ended up not sending any outside of the US. The price was astronomical. I do have extras if anyone decides the want one.

Happy weekend!
tenya

:cheer2:After playing in the semi-final football game against a team who used 4 ineligelible players, because they got an attorney who went before a judge who said "let them play". This was against the state SSAC policy because they had been thrown out of the previous game and the state law says you sit out of the next game. Well, they didn't want to. So our attorney filed an injunction to stop the state playoff with the supreme court and they did just that. The supreme court said the decision belongs to the state secondary schools athletic commission who made the team forfit the game for using ijeligible players. So now, today our team is playing for the WV state championship one week late. I had my whole trip planned to come down here for the day after football finals! Who would have ever guessed this kind of a mess!!!:scared1:. At least I can listen on line, but it just won't be the same. The day the announcement came out by cell phone rang constantly! Everyone is so excited. It will be a tough game, but at least we are there and we deserve to be there!:cheer2:Our cheerleaders are competing for the state title this morning. If they win it will be their 14th straight year to be WV State Champions.

This is an exciting day to be away from home! You know where my heart is for sure!!:grouphug: GO BROOKE BRUINS!

And, once again, I am caught up. I guess it's nice to be in the same boat (no pun itended) with so many having challenges right now. It seems this fall as been rampant with them. Just when I think I'll have a normal week something else happens. I hope we can all experience some peace and quiet in the coming weeks.

We had another death in the family this week and had to go out of town mid-week. Another angel in heaven to look over us.

I managed to finish up Christmas shopping yesterday. Now on to FE gifts. We totally changed our minds on what to do, we went back to my original idea.

I hope Tweeky continues to do well and Des's puppies find a forever home soon.

Des, I hope you have some results from your tests. I know how hard it is not knowing what's going on.

I hope everyone else is feeling well soon!

Harole Ann, keep me posted on the Bruins. I'll be thinking of them tonight.

BRACELETS -- went out Monday. I ended up not sending any outside of the US. The price was astronomical. I do have extras if anyone decides the want one.

Happy weekend!
tenya
Tenya, we got our bracelets here in NJ yesterday, they look AWESOME! I'm so excited to wear them, the tshirts, and the lanyards all over the ship, we have such a great group on here and great gear to be decked out in, thanks again!

One week from today is my son's wedding; first one out of four. DH officially retired after 31 years of government work. Once I get through the next two weeks, it's CRUISE on my mind 24-7.

Charlotte---great Christmas card!

Holly---tea on the first!!!!!!!!

I had one of the cooler systems. I have had 5 knee surgeries and had not needed it anymore I am out of surgery almost 17 years so I ditched 6 years ago when we moved. Oh well ice it will be. Also the docs got her today! I hope Army beats Navy too!

Tenya, my bracelets came yesterday, too.

Not sure who DH will be rooting for in the game - he *will* watch it, but he was Air Force, lol.

One week from today is my son's wedding; first one out of four. DH officially retired after 31 years of government work. Once I get through the next two weeks, it's CRUISE on my mind 24-7.

A busy week ahead for you but so enjoyable!!!! It will soon pass and then you will wonder where it has all gone!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Bracelets arrived here! They are officially in the PC Cruise stocking...to be distributed to DH & DD on Christmas morning along with the lanyard! Does it count that I'm wearing lime green today?? It's upper-70s & sunny -- hard to pack for the cruise when I wear the stuff now:rotfl2:, oh well weather dude predicting back to the 50s tomorrow!

Good luck to all the football players / games today! Sending pixie dust to all who need it...saving a handful here to get through the next 2 weeks...:scared1:Christmas is 2 weeks away!

Alan, have fun at TRON opening! I'm not a huge Jack Black fan, but the preview for Gullivers looks fun:3dglasses!

:hippie:

My docs came today - overnighted by my friend in California. THEN I spent an hour on the phone with DCL trying to untangle my information from hers. HOW it got confused in the first place, I haven't figured out - since we haven't cruised together since 2002 - WHEN she had a different last name and lived in Florida! The guy tried to blame it on my TA, a personal friend who KNOWS where I live. OYE. What a way to run a business.

Hmm, I called DCL talk ask about coming in a day early and not using their flights and the woman would not even talk to me because I went through a TA, she said that I would have fix or change anything through the Travel Agent....

Did anyone else read about the Panama Canal closing last Wednesday? It's open again, but was closed because of flooding.....

I can't imagine being on a cruise ship that is suppose to go through the canal and have them tell them it's been closed....

I sure hope the rain season ends down there, I know it's suppose to end in November, but it sounds like it's been going on and on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter