Frustrated about Ohana

Not flaming you but we have never had this problem at 180 days. Been going for years. You must be doing something wrong or your day calculator is wrong.

Check more often. You really need to try this restaurant.

I also was totally unable to get a reservation at 180 days, so I doubt he was doing anything wrong. I ended up settling for Kona (fine by me tbh) but I also went through this exact experience.

I have never been able to eat at Ohana. Doesn't matter if I try at 180 days out, and then try 3 or 4 times a day until arrival...I never get it. So, for my November trip, I have another place booked. My question is----If I am able to get Ohana once I am there, for the same day.....and I book it real quick....will I still be charged the 10 dollars each for not going to my original reservation?? I know this is unlikely...from past experience...but there is always hope.

Not sure when you're going but you should consider just going in as a walk-in around 4:30 and wait in the stand-by line. We have had success with this in the past and know quite a few folks who've also had success getting in. Can't see how you wouldn't get in for a party of 2. Good luck!

We just went to Ohana last Friday for breakfast. We had an adr for 11:30. We got there at 11:20. We weren't seated to a table until 12:05. As we were being seated, we saw that over half the restaurant was empty with dirty tables all around And when we were seated, the service was terrible. It took 15 minutes to get drinks. When they brought the skillet of food it was mostly potatoes. We asked for more sausage and waffles. And the waiter brought out a another whole skillet of food. so there was allot of wasted food. The food was awesome though. And the character interactions were great. Though Pluto was only meeting people at the entrance and not walking around tables.

I don't know how well standby would work, when we had an ADR and still had to wait 30 minutes for a table.

Last week, we got a same day reservation for Ohana. I was surprised and we jumped on it. I do think its possible. Keep trying!

Keep trying, especially in the weeks to come. Some vacations will be cancelled at (around) the 30 day mark, and eventually dining.

I was able to get a Ohana dinner reservation for 6 two months out using the Touring Plans reservation finder. Make sure you are logging into the app, so when you get the text you can immediately jump on.

When are you looking to go? We may cancel a ressie for 5 Nov 29th at 8:40.
I shouldn't be charged a fee this far out- should I?

Not flaming you but we have never had this problem at 180 days. Been going for years. You must be doing something wrong or your day calculator is wrong.

Check more often. You really need to try this restaurant.
I could not get it until day 6 of our trip. It depends on how busy the time you are going is.

We are going in November and we found our reservations via Touring Plans. In fact we have even changed the times several times.

Okay, so this is a little crazy, but as I was about to respond to this thread about having had a lot of success with touring plans, and I just had a text alert from them. Just booked a 4:20 PM for 2/14, which could work for us, we are going to DAH that night. I am still hoping to get one for 2/17 instead, but I took this for now. I also received an alert about a week ago for 2/17 for 6 PM, I booked it, but it is probably too late. Our flight is at 9:30 PM, so if we plan to use ME, we probably need a reservation closer to 5. Just to add, we are a party of 2.

upload_2018-9-28_21-27-41.png

Last edited:
I just signed up for the Touring Plans reservation finder this week. I have gotten a Be Our Guest lunch and Crystal Palace breakfast because of it! I also, on my own, found an ‘Ohana dinner because I check multiple times per day. If you keep checking, especially within a week or two of your trip, I am sure you will find what you want.

I could not get it until day 6 of our trip. It depends on how busy the time you are going is.

I think it’s just random/luck perhaps.

I just booked for a busy spring break week and there were multiple times available on Day 1 (party of 7). And they didn’t go that fast. I booked one and then decided later that morning to swap to a half hour later time slot.

But, my sister had a tough time getting a January reservation which I would have thought would be easier since it’s less busy.

FWIW, we got a ADR the night before we wanted to go. Also, I would use the TP res finder tool, it's free, but click the link as soon as you get the text. I've missed out because of slow text or internet connections before. Good luck!

When you use the MDE app you can simply change your existing reservation to a different restaurant. We did that several times when we were there. Now getting a last minute 'Ohana reservation is another matter entirely.

I never make ADRs at 6 months, usually 2-3 months and always get the ones we want including 'Ohana - sometimes it does take several days/weeks of on/off trying, but I just persevere. We are also a party of 2 and like to dine early.

As a test, I just looked at 180 days from today. O’Hanna was available for three different times on March 30. Perhaps those that cannot get a reservation there are always trying to get it at a very busy time, i.e. Christmas, New Years, marathon week, during the summer school break, etc...

I just got two reservations at ‘Ohana. Dinner on 2/5 and breakfast on 2/7. In all of our visits to Disney over the years, we have never eaten there. I will probably cancel one when it gets closer. I just decided on this trip last week, so I don’t have a plan in my head of how we will hit the parks over our five day trip.

Those of you who have done both, which do you recommend? It will be me and my adult son.

As a test, I just looked at 180 days from today. O’Hanna was available for three different times on March 30. Perhaps those that cannot get a reservation there are always trying to get it at a very busy time, i.e. Christmas, New Years, marathon week, during the summer school break, etc...
People never seem to post how many people they are trying to get a reservation for. A party of 8 is going to have a hard time at popular restaurants, 180 days or not. A party of 2 is going to find more availability. The number of people matter as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter