GAD reaching max? Register by *tomorrow* per volunteer member

That would work. You just have to use the vouchers by Dec 2010. I don't remember the exact date. It is on the website though.

If we did sign up and got a response from Disney that is a cartoon with the Muppets saying thank you but the blankets are due next Saturday will we still get our vouchers?

I hope so!!

I'm wondering is someone can answer a question for me about this...I'm going to wdw in may and have a package booked. I want to go again in November and was thinking I'd use my voucher for that trip to get a free ticket. Is that allowed even though I already have a trip booked in may ?

I just printed my voucher today and it says "Voucher must be redeemed by December 15, 2010." When you go in November bring your voucher and redeem your voucher and use it on that same day. Having a GAD voucher has nothing to do with trips you may already have booked. Do not redeem your voucher in May, because it has to be used on the same day it is redeemed.

Wait. So I am confused. We registered and confirmed in January for an opportunity in April. Do we need to COMPLETE by 3/5 or be registered by 3/5?

We also did the Project Linus in February but I did not bother changing my registration assuming I was good with my April registration.

Wait. So I am confused. We registered and confirmed in January for an opportunity in April. Do we need to COMPLETE by 3/5 or be registered by 3/5?

We also did the Project Linus in February but I did not bother changing my registration assuming I was good with my April registration.

As long as you signed up for a particular opportunity and date, you should be all set. Just make sure the project coordinator puts your service in appropriately.

FYI, I just received the following email from an organization:

Unfortunately, I am writing to tell you that we learned just a few short hours ago that Disney has officially ended the Give A Day. Get A Day program and will not be issuing any vouchers because they have reached their 1 millionth volunteer mark.

The site still seems active though.

This is good news, I think:
As long as you signed up for a particular opportunity and date, you should be all set. Just make sure the project coordinator puts your service in appropriately.

But this does not look good:
Unfortunately, I am writing to tell you that we learned just a few short hours ago that Disney has officially ended the Give A Day. Get A Day program and will not be issuing any vouchers because they have reached their 1 millionth volunteer mark.
What does OFFICIALLY ENDED mean? Official? Was something announced by Disney?

But this does not look good:

What does OFFICIALLY ENDED mean? Official? Was something announced by Disney?

Well, I can't find anything official from Disney on the public side, and Cheshire Figment has checked the Cast Member side and found nothing there either, but this came from an organization that was doing things a bit differently with Disney and was going to do "registrations-on-the-fly" during an event later this month (the Durham, NC food drive) - so no one could have pre-signed up for it and they were just letting people know.

So, it may not be 100% totally officially closed yet. But it seems mostly closed.

So, it may not be 100% totally officially closed yet. But it seems mostly closed.
Thanks for the info. Very bizarre. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I tend to agree with your first statement that as long as you are registered and signed up, they won't cut you off. But we'll see. Thanks again!!

I just signed my husband up for an event about 10 mins ago. So far, it looks like it is all going thru. I got the e-mail back and went online and officially signed him up.

In another thread it dawned on me...maybe this is a "Phase 1" closing...the analogy actually fits, as this particular organization was handling things differently than via HandsOn.

I just signed my son & myself up for an Easter event on 3/27 at our local zoo. Whew! I'm so glad I was on the boards today!!!!

I just signe dup my family to make blankets and got the confirmation email. Does that mean I made it in time? Were planning on making the blankets tomorrow and mail them off on Monday. I'm still worried I didn't make it in time.

I just signe dup my family to make blankets and got the confirmation email. Does that mean I made it in time? Were planning on making the blankets tomorrow and mail them off on Monday. I'm still worried I didn't make it in time.

I signed up to do this today too, so I'm hoping we made it in time! I think as long as we are signed up, we should be good...:confused3

I just printed my voucher today and it says "Voucher must be redeemed by December 15, 2010." When you go in November bring your voucher and redeem your voucher and use it on that same day. Having a GAD voucher has nothing to do with trips you may already have booked. Do not redeem your voucher in May, because it has to be used on the same day it is redeemed./QUOTE]

Thank you! :)

Below is the exact the email I received as the director of a nonprofit (bold, red print is mine)....

It looks like all flexible scheduling opportunities will be shut down. In other words, I cant post opportunities without a definite number of people. However, I can still post an opportunity with an exact number of people at this time (much easier for them to control the numbers this way) I dont know how long this will be allowed...Great program - sad to see it winding down.

Hope that helps!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winding Down the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. Program

HandsOn Network Partners,
On Feb. 11, it was announced that 600,000 volunteers have already participated in the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program. Thanks to the exceptional programs and opportunities provided by the thousands of participating organizations, it's anticipated that the goal of celebrating one million volunteers will occur very soon.

As the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program is forecasted to come to a close very shortly, the following measures are being taken in preparation for the program's conclusion:

* Effective immediately, no new applications will be accepted from organizations wanting to participate in the program.
* By Friday, March 5, all flexible schedule volunteer opportunities (1B projects) and the ability for volunteers to search for participating organizations and arrange service (2A projects) will be removed from the search at www.DisneyParks.com. For users of 1-800-Volunteer or Volunteer Solutions, these are the only types of volunteer activities associated with your organization through the VOP (please see Action Steps below for more information on this change.) At such time, it will only be possible for organizations to post date- and time-specific opportunities (1A projects) to the VOP.
* Once Disney reaches its one-million ticket goal, the program ends and organizations will no longer be able to post new volunteer opportunities of any kind for the program.

The Volunteer Opportunity Portal (VOP) at http://VOP.HandsOnNetwork.org will continue to be available so that organizations can post date- and time-specific opportunities, manage their existing opportunities and verify service completed by volunteers. As the changes listed above are implemented, you will see fewer options available to manage your account. Please continue to verify completed, eligible volunteer service within 72 hours of the service being performed for all qualifying service provided to your organization under the program.

Only volunteers who have completed the registration and signed up for a specific date and time to volunteer before the program ends will get their vouchers for a Disney theme park ticket once their service has been verified.
Please see the action steps for all organizations below for further details.

Once the program has ended, we will send a wrap-up communication with instructions for exporting data related to your organization's activities, as well as continued opportunities available to your organization through HandsOn Network.

The level of volunteerism we have seen in the first months of 2010 is tracking to new highs. Thank you for the vital role your organization is playing in this landmark program.

Action Steps for Organizations with 1b or 2a Opportunities

* On Friday, March 5, flexible schedule volunteer opportunities (1B) will be hidden, and the ability for volunteers to search for participating organizations and arrange service with them directly (2A) will be removed. From then until the end of the program, it will only be possible for your organization to post date- and time-specific opportunities (1A) to the VOP.
* Any volunteers that have already committed to service through your organization in the Volunteer Opportunity Portal (VOP) should still perform their service, which will be honored for this program.
* Once your opportunities are no longer visible, volunteers who expressed interest in an opportunity prior to March 5 can still finish the sign-up process until the one million ticket goal has been reached. They should follow the instructions and click on the link in the e-mail they received from HandsOn Network when they first expressed interest in your opportunity.
* Please continue to conduct the activities that any volunteers have already signed up for in the VOP.

Action Steps for all Organizations

* Please continue to conduct the activities that any volunteers have already signed up for in the VOP. Additionally, please continue to manage and verify the completion of service of volunteers for such eligible activities.
* Please remind any volunteers who have expressed interest in your opportunities - and with whom you've already arranged a date and time to serve - that they MUST complete the sign-up process through DisneyParks.com before the one-million ticket goal has been reached.
* You can see whether or not they have completed the registration and sign up process by clicking on the "View Volunteer Signups" link in the VOP. If they are not on the list, then they have not yet finished the registration process. If they do not finish the registration process before the program ends, you will not be able to verify their service and they will not be able to receive theme park tickets.
* If a volunteer cancels or is a no-show for an opportunity they signed up for, you may not verify their service. If the volunteer cancels or is a no-show for the opportunity they signed up for after the million ticket goal is met, they will not be able to search and sign-up for an alternate opportunity under the program in order to receive a voucher.

Questions
* Organizations - Go to http://answers.handsonnetwork.org to ask questions, review frequently asked questions, and connect with customer and tech support.
* Volunteers - Volunteers can go to www.DisneyParks.com for a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions about the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program.

Thanks for this post...this makes things pretty clear at this point.

The "Phase 1" analogy seems apropos...

I tried signing up last week and a few days later got an email from the organization I signed up saying they had no need for volunteers this month and maybe next month. I saw this thread so I signed up for the binky patrol and got the automatic response. I'm interested to see what ends up happening.

OK I am getting totally confused by all of this. Now I registered for GAD mid Feb and I just sent off my Blankets to the Linus Project national headquarters in IL. on Tuesday this week. Am I too late in getting vouchers ? When they say they are no longer giving out vouchers does that mean everyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter