GAD reaching max? Register by *tomorrow* per volunteer member

We're doing 2 Linus project blankets and our date is May 1st. I've received the HON "Thank You" email and yesterday another HON "Thanks " email. The website states we're volunteers. I hope we're still good to go.

I'm crocheting as fast as I can. When I finally got around to finishing the sign up Saturday I had to pick a date within the next 2 months. My guess is that's the cut off for our particular group.

DebºoºS;35741137 said:
We're doing 2 Linus project blankets and our date is May 1st. I've received the HON "Thank You" email and yesterday another HON "Thanks " email. The website states we're volunteers. I hope we're still good to go.

I'm crocheting as fast as I can. When I finally got around to finishing the sign up Saturday I had to pick a date within the next 2 months. My guess is that's the cut off for our particular group.

You should be all set, so long as you complete it and it is verified by the selected date. Extensions could be problematic.

There has always been a 60 day limit.

We are signed up (and received the confirmation e-mail) but our delivery date (for a supply drive) is not until April 10th. Would have picked an earlier date, but those were full.
It says we can contact to set up an earlier appt to drop off, so I think I will do that.
But the site is still taking new registrants and showing lot of opportunities to sign up, so...
not sure what to make of that??

I hope we didn't wait too long. I will really kick myself!

We are signed up (and received the confirmation e-mail) but our delivery date (for a supply drive) is not until April 10th. Would have picked an earlier date, but those were full.
It says we can contact to set up an earlier appt to drop off, so I think I will do that.
But the site is still taking new registrants and showing lot of opportunities to sign up, so...
not sure what to make of that??

I hope we didn't wait too long. I will really kick myself!

You still should be all set with your original date. Disney is not pulling the rug out from under anyone.

Disney is preventing certain types of new opportunities from being posted. Eventually they will stop all new opportunities from being posted. You can still register and sign up for existing posted opportunities and those new ones that can still be posted.

Eventually they may turn of registration for opportunities off altogether, but everyone who is already confirmed should be all set.

Our service isn't until April 25th.

Does anyone think that Disney might extend the GAD program? I just think it's amazing that it was supposed to be a year long promotion and it looks like it will be up in 3 1/2 months. I know people will be redeeming the tickets all year, but I was just wondering if because it caught on so well, Disney may choose to extend it.

Does anyone think that Disney might extend the GAD program? I just think it's amazing that it was supposed to be a year long promotion and it looks like it will be up in 3 1/2 months. I know people will be redeeming the tickets all year, but I was just wondering if because it caught on so well, Disney may choose to extend it.

They might. However, it wasn't necessarily meant to last the whole year...that was just the upper limit.

But if they are already cutting back on new opportunity postings, it rather sounds like they are planning to stop.

i called Disney today and asked them if they were shutting off any new registrations or if it was getting close to filling up... she said no this is rumor, however we have reached 600,00 so we are over 1/2 way there....
i registered today and will be completing my work tomorrow...we are leaving for Disney on March 30th,,,hope we get our vouchers!?!?

I will say that Disney did make my school shut down certain opportunities to volunteer for, on the same token, after that, they did allow us to add an opportunity totally different from the ones that were shut. The woman in charge (at my school) said Disney told her they were now having anyone with an "open" date shut down, if they give a specific date & time, they were allowed to post them. They are also not taking on any "new" places/companies to join, only those already listed with them can post a date specific opportunity.

I also want to add that on Sunday, my daughter's friend & parents signed up for an opportunity at our local museum (which did have specific dates and times).

i called Disney today and asked them if they were shutting off any new registrations or if it was getting close to filling up... she said no this is rumor, however we have reached 600,00 so we are over 1/2 way there....
i registered today and will be completing my work tomorrow...we are leaving for Disney on March 30th,,,hope we get our vouchers!?!?

Please note, that when you call Disney, you are often not talking to someone knowledgeable about the questions you ask, although for some reason they will pass themselves off as such.

They reached 600,000 some time ago (month?). They are certainly well beyond that now. They are probably reading from the last public notice that went out.

If you registered, chose a date and have been confirmed, you have nothing to worry about.

I will say that Disney did make my school shut down certain opportunities to volunteer for, on the same token, after that, they did allow us to add an opportunity totally different from the ones that were shut. The woman in charge (at my school) said Disney told her they were now having anyone with an "open" date shut down, if they give a specific date & time, they were allowed to post them. They are also not taking on any "new" places/companies to join, only those already listed with them can post a date specific opportunity.

Were the opportunities posted also limited in participation (i.e. "max 5 volunteers")? From the sounds of it, all open, unlimited opportunities have been shut down since they can't control the numbers. They are still allowing new limited opportunities.

Hi All -
I was just able to sign up my family of 4 for volunteering at our Petco. It is for Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue. We are signed up for May 8th and have already got confirmation. I am so excited - I wish they would have had a sooner date. I am so glad that I found an event that my whole family- even my 6 year old daughter can participate in. We will get to walk dogs and help potential adopters fill out paperwork. Now I just have to PRAY that my daughter and hubby don't think part of the volunteering is having us rescue a dog ourselves lol -- my cat would be so mad :rotfl:

:banana::banana:

Please note, that when you call Disney, you are often not talking to someone knowledgeable about the questions you ask, although for some reason they will pass themselves off as such.

They reached 600,000 some time ago (month?). They are certainly well beyond that now. They are probably reading from the last public notice that went out.

If you registered, chose a date and have been confirmed, you have nothing to worry about.

thanks for that info, i've often wondered about that!

I wanted to sign my husband and myself up for an opportunity I found. However, there is no way to select the date for volunteering. Literally no radio button to indicate that we are selecting the date. But I know that the volunteer work will be on a specific date (April 18th) because it is for a charity walk. They still need eleven volunteers. I can register to volunteer through the organization's website.

If I register through the organization's specific website, will they verify it with Hands On so we can receive our vouchers?

I wanted to sign my husband and myself up for an opportunity I found. However, there is no way to select the date for volunteering. Literally no radio button to indicate that we are selecting the date. But I know that the volunteer work will be on a specific date (April 18th) because it is for a charity walk. They still need eleven volunteers. I can register to volunteer through the organization's website.

If I register through the organization's specific website, will they verify it with Hands On so we can receive our vouchers?

You may not have gone far enough in the process because after entering info and getting transfered to HOV it then showed dates and times. You must register through the website to be eligible. Hope that helps.

I was also terrified because the times where 8:30 am-1200 or 12:00 to 4:00 but it let me pick time towards end of process.

The woman at the charity said Disney is not accepting any more registrations? (It is the Havre de Grace M.S. Walk through Maryland M.S. Society.)

The woman at the charity said Disney is not accepting any more registrations? (It is the Havre de Grace M.S. Walk through Maryland M.S. Society.)

Wow--
So sorry to hear this -- I hope maybe you can find another charity that will allow you to participate. I have read and read to figure everything out - what I have got is that they are shutting down some that are allowing huge numbers of volunteers because they are getting so close to the 1 million mark. But if you are registered already you are counted against the million.
Plus it should allow for over a million volunteers in my mind because not everyone is getting the ticket- some are getting fastpasses or pins.

Sounds like this was one of the "unlimited" opportunities that are the first to be closed.

Okay:
I'm volunteering at the walk without the Disney offer, but another opportunity popped up near me. I clicked "Register Now," selected my husband myself, and a date, and then waited.

A few seconds later I got this email, from Hands on Network. Does it mean I'm official? I don't mean to sound dumb, but this process is confusing, at least for me.

JANE,

We're thrilled that you've signed up to participate in the “BLANKETMAKER-Upperco, MD Chapter” opportunity on Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:00am-4:00pm. We have notified Binky Patrol Comforting Covers For Kids of your commitment and sign-up for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program. You will need the following information for your volunteer opportunity so please save this e-mail.

Registered Participants:
JANE SMITH
JACK SMITH

Opportunity Location:

Address: 123 Main Rd
Fake City, Fake State USA
Directions: will be sent once you sign up

If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact the Opportunity Coordinator or Volunteer Leader who will be supervising this project:

Name: Jen Smith
Email: jsmith@juno.com
Phone: 123-456-7890

Here is the description of the opportunity you have signed up for:

We make blankets for sick, homeless and traumatized children 0-18. Each person aged 12 and over makes one blanket. They are 50"x72", tied single or double thickness fleece blankets. for instructions, copy and paste into your browser: http://www.customscrapbookmaker.com/crafts/fleece-tie-blanket-instructions.htm

What happens next?

We have reserved a space for you to volunteer for this opportunity. Please be on time and wear clothing appropriate for the volunteer activity.

After you have completed your volunteer assignment, Binky Patrol Comforting Covers For Kids will notify Disney Parks, who will contact you with instructions for printing your voucher for your free Disney day at Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort.

If you are not able to fulfill your commitment to volunteer, please let us know immediately. Click on the following link or paste it into your Web browser to be taken to the Volunteer Opportunity Portal to remove yourself from the opportunity.

(link)

If for any reason you are unable to use this link, return to DisneyParks.com and click on the link to Manage Your Account.

On behalf of HandsOn Network, its affiliates and partner organizations, thank you for volunteering and being part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program.

HandsOn Network
“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Volunteer Support Team

sorry my first post is a sad one. I was trying to help an Organization sign up to get vollies today.

you must have gotten the last one

at 5:15 cst we got the message, via below link, that it's all done
(i can't post links yet - it's the GAD main page on Disney's)

HON's site said it took 10 weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter