Gail's Journal (comments welcome)

DisneyEnthusiastic

I love Disney World!!
I finally sat here to start a journal. I posted to the message boards on Monday...thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

In summary...in June 2001 I weighed 280 lbs, by April 2002 I weighed 169 (combination of low fat diet and plenty of exercise)..then of course the stresses of life and all it's tribulations helped me balloon back to where I am today at 220 lbs...and I'm having the hardest time getting back on track!! Before, when I was 280...I knew nothing about food, etc. But now I'm more educated in healthy eating, but have not been listening to myself when I want to eat something so fattening!!

My ultimate goal is to be down to 150 lbs ( I was very happy at the 169...but my ultimate goal has been 150. My first goal is to get back under 200...and I'm hoping to do that by August 30th.

I did very well on Monday, then Tuesday I went to the beach with my kids and neices and did great! It was after I got home and just the stress from the drive home I was starving that I decided to munch...and I wasn't even hungry...I felt so guilty afterward. But here it is Wednesday and I'm getting ready to do my exercising...and hoping for a good eating day!!! Thanks for listening.

Gail

Gail, :hug: for you! Please try not to feel so guilty. We all stray from the healthy living path. The key is to get back up and try again - and that's what you're doing!

Welcome to the WISH Journal board! Even when you're NOT eating on plan, please come and post. You never have to hide anything or feel guilty here - we've all been there! But posting here will help you get back on track.

Your goal looks reasonable. You can do it! There will be slip-ups along the way, Gail, but you just have to keep trying.

I hope you have a day filled with :sunny: !

Hi Gail! I'm glad to see you started a journal. It sure is making all the difference in the world for me this time around. I'm looking forward to reading your updates, celebrating your victories and encouraging you when things might not go just right. Best of luck to you! :)

Welcome to WISH journaling Gail! I just started WISHing 3 weeks ago and I have to say that the support on these boards are fabulous.

We're all taking baby steps each day to reach our goals.

I just started the WISH journaling this week also. I have really appreciated the encouragement so far. Stay focused and determined and you will get over the bump you just encountered. From what I've been reading from other folks is one of the first steps is to recognize why you are eating and it seems like the experience allowed you to do that today. So I still call that a victory!

Good luck you'll make it through!

Today is Thursday...day 4...I had a great day yesterday! Exercised...ate great...and drank my water! I've already exercised for today as well....but I'm taking the kids to the movies...I'll know if I'm seriously committed if I can pass up the popcorn:confused:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have to say that the WISH boards and journals make it exciting for me to keep focused.

:cheer2: I can't believe it! I actually made it through the movie without popcorn. I took a baggie of grapes with me. Then I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for lunch....::yes:: and I made it without eating any pizza (I love pizza too)....I drank a Kashi shake before going in and read a magazine while they played and ate. I really hope this means I'm getting the monkey off my back.

Good for you! I know it must have been hard passing up popcorn and pizza! :eek: But don't you just feel great! I just started WISH this week too. As a matter of fact, my first day of WW online is today. I know the road will be tough but we can do it. It is always great to know that you have WISH as your own little (or large :p ) support group!
Your story sounds a lot like mine. In 2001, I had gone from 179 pounds to 144 lbs. and was literally told not to lose anymore. I did not have any excess fat left! It was a great feeling. However, as you said, everyday life caught up to me. And over the last few years I have gained it all back and a lot more. I am now over 200 lbs. Never thought I would get that big, but here I am. Can't wait to get back into my skinny clothes.
Well, you are doing great. Keep it up! :)

So far, so good today. Eating is going good...did my exercising this morning...so that is out of the way:Pinkbounc

Going to Kings Dominion tomorrow...just have to keep up the dieting mentality...I just have to get through it:( My first weigh in is on Monday...I don't want to mess up what I've worked for all week...even with my little slip up on Tuesday:rolleyes:

Hopefully, I'll be able to post Monday with good experiences.

Gail:
Great job on passing up the pizza & popcorn. I slipped last night & couldn't resist eating 1 slice of the pizza that DH ordered. It's so hard but you seem to be doing well. Keep up the good work!

Good job on your success so far, Gail! I am wishing you a lot of luck on your weigh-in Monday! :)

Good luck on the weigh in! Just think about how much walking you are doing today at King's Dominion!! Drink lots of water!

I've been to King's Dominion before it was fun. We have an amusement park up here that is owned by Paramount also. King's Island. We go there several times a year.

I hope you're having fun!!!!!

Oh, what an awful weekend:sad2:

I didn't think I was doing that bad, but I guess I did.

The remainder of my day Friday went terrific...Saturday was going great too. We went to Kings Dominion. Played in the water park a few hours...went out to the parking lot for lunch...ate what I packed...went back into the park to ride some rides..only planned to stay til about 6, but was in line for this new Scooby ride the kids all wanted to ride. So, it was 7 when we were heading for the gate. I was good all day...not a cheat...no ice cream, no funnel cake, no nothing!!! (even though the kids were eating it). So, as we go to leave it's sprinkling, lightning, thunder. Well, we walk a few more minutes and it starts to DOWNPOUR:umbrella:
There is some mad dash for the exit...like someone rushing a concert stage...they only have about 4 turnstiles open and tons of people trying to get out and meanwhile it is pouring. We get to the van, get everyone loaded in. We had to strip down to our bathing suits because our outer clothes felt like they had come out of the washer mid cycle. It takes another hour to get out of this crazy parking lot. So, we go to find a hotel because we have to meet up with my brother in law in the morning to return his girls to him. We're all starving too. So, we decide to get a room, going to get cleaned up and go out for dinner. After we finally get a hotel room, it's after 9. The kids are all cranky...I'm cranky, my husband is cranky. And to top it off the motel doesn't have a washer/dryer (not one of the best motels, but had a brand name:confused: ) So, we go in search of a laundromat to dry our stuff(to put on our clean stuff for the next day would require us to shower...cause we were all feeling really nasty...so we figured this would take less time) We ended up deciding (since it's now going on 10)...that it would be a waste of time going out to eat so we found a Papa Johns and placed a carry out. Yes, I ate the pizza. I was starving!!! Had a few beers too! I felt so guilty, but I was starving. Something about sitting in a van for HOURS with 5 kids really stresses me out!!

Then we meet Sunday at a Cracker Barrel...and I order something to eat since I skipped breakfast...it was their chicken and dumplings. I ate half of it. So, I didn't feel like I did that bad. (Although I know in my heart I it wasn't good either). Get home about 4:30...finally, no entertaining, I could grab a nap;) I get up around 7:30 and we have to decide about dinner. We end up ordering some Chinese food...I didn't gorge myself, but did eat some. Had some animal crackers as a snack later on.

Weighed myself this morning and there was no weight loss. I do, but don't understand all at the same time. Friday morning I weighed myself and I had lost 4 pounds!!! I know I didn't eat that much over the weekend. I'm hoping it's just some retention from the chinese food and the beer:(

You all don't know how much better I feel confessing this. I feel like I've gone to church or something. I lay in bed last night just feeling awful and knowing I had to write this all down. I keep telling myself I have to get through today...It's my oldest son's birthday...he turned 14..and he wants to go to Chili's for dinner. I will have to order a salad...cause I keep thinking of all the exercise I did last week and how good I ate and I feel like I got nowhere because of my own bad judgements. I know I can do this because any other time I would just continue to eat bad. I need to go exercise. Thanks for listening...sorry so long and drawn out.

Gail

Feeling much better...I exercised today...3 Mile WATP/Abs and then 100 sit ups! Exercise really does put me in a better frame of mind...had to write this to remind myself how good it feels to exercise!:hyper:

Did you do your measurements? I found that when I don't go down on the scale I've lost somewhere in inches. Hey..at least you didn't gain anything. I weighed myself this morning after that horrible weekend, and I gained almost all of my loss back!! It's tough eating right on vacation and places like that.

PS. I have to confess that I would have had the funnel cake! :eek:

Gail, super job getting right back on track today! We have to not let these weekends sabatoge us! That is really the worst time for me because my days aren't the same as they are during the week. I'm sorry that you didn't have a loss but at least you didn't gain. Maintaining is way better than gaining! ::yes::

Hey, Gail. Sounds like you are getting back on track which is great. I will be honest w/you...if I had to wait until 10 to eat dinner after having gone swimming all day (which always makes me hungry anyway) and had 5 kids w/me, I would definitely have ordered the pizza too. ::yes:: Don't feel bad about your weekend.
You were technically on vacation in my book. I never watch what I eat while on vacation. That is the one time when I pig out. Not that that's good, but it's not the end of the world either.
And I absolutely agree about keeping this journal being helpful. I don't think I would be able to do this w/o you guys and w/o writing everything down. It is a great outlet to me. Keep up the good work. Maybe next week you will lose a good bit since the scale didn't show it today. ;)

Thanks so much for the support!!

Kels...I took your advice and did my measurements (as much as I didn't want to)

Chest - 41
Waist - 39
Hips - 46
Thighs - 27.5

UGH!!

Last night went good for eating out for my son's bday. I order chicken fajitas...and decided to just eat the grilled chicken and peppers and onions without eating them as fajitas. Felt real good about that. Then we had ice cream cake afterward...I ate a klondike slim bear instead. I was really proud of myself.

Today has started out good. I did a 2 mile WATP and rode on my stationery bike for 25 minutes. I need to go buy some more water...my water supply is low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter