• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Game of Thrones Season 7....(WARNING SPOILERS)

I don't think that likely. That would be out of character for Jon. Some characters have evolved quite a bit but they tend not to change their basic character in the show. Sansa, though she is a lot less naive still wants to be the lady. Arya, though she has learned the techniques of assassins, always really wanted to be a fighter. Never really wanted to be anything like the lady of the castle. Why couldn't Circei kill either brother when it was clearly in her interest to do so? Because she's not gone off the edge mentally yet and they're still family.

Further, we don't truly know whether the three headed dragon prophecy refers to Dany's dragons and there are three riders or... that there are three riders and more dragons out there. We may find some dragon eggs in the unexplored catacombs under Winterfell. Or he'll ride dany's second dragon. She always rides the one. The other two (now one) follows. And we also don't know about the third. Does the night king count as #3? Or is there another out there. It might actually be one of the Lannister Twins who could actually be Targarian. Things haven't been headed that way but you know how the author likes surprises.

That's why I'm not buying the theories about Tyrion betraying Dani for Cersei. It would be out of character for him. Could he unwittingly betray her or later have to make a choice to betray her if there's some big change in circumstances? Sure.
He was always loyal to his family even though he knew what most of them thought of him. He only really went against them when his father and Cersei were actively trying to kill him.

Further, we don't truly know whether the three headed dragon prophecy refers to Dany's dragons and there are three riders or... that there are three riders and more dragons out there. We may find some dragon eggs in the unexplored catacombs under Winterfell. Or he'll ride dany's second dragon. She always rides the one. The other two (now one) follows. And we also don't know about the third. Does the night king count as #3? Or is there another out there. It might actually be one of the Lannister Twins who could actually be Targarian. Things haven't been headed that way but you know how the author likes surprises.

I think too much has been made about the three-headed dragon prophecy. I could be wrong, of course, but I took it simply to point to the existence of a third Targaryen child in Rhaegar's line. In the vision, he looks at Dany and says "there must be one more, the dragon must have three heads" or something like that - he's not talking about her and her dragons and their eventual riders, though that's what she assumed. He's revealing, albeit cryptically, Jon Snow's existence/identity. That's my theory, anyway. (Then again, I tend to see things that way in general and think there's a lot of overanalysis going on - after Dany's vision of it snowing in the throne room, my FB feed was full of analysis about winter coming and the white walkers taking Westeros and I looked at it as nothing more than a wink at the coming Jon Snow storyline and the book readers who already saw it coming. I mean really? Snow. On the Iron Throne. Isn't that exactly where this whole thing is heading? :rotfl:)

The twins - Cersei and Jamie - couldn't have been Targaryens - or not Rhaegar Targaryen's child with Lyanna Stark. Jamie is the one who killed the mad king, so he and Cersei were adults. Are you referring to some other Lannister Twins I'm forgetting, or are you suggesting that they could be Targaryens from a different part of the line?

Not from Rhaegar. From the Mad King. Aerys via king's right. The TV series hasn't shown that Aerys was smitten with their mother like the books did. And I think the author probably threw that in to leave open the possibility. And right now it's just that. Only a possibility. Again it doesn't look like the story is headed that way at the moment. But you never know. You know how Targarians fall in love with Targarians. The Lannisters frowned upon that sort of thing. Of course That would mean Jamie actually killed his own father. Isn't that an ironic twist of fate? There is an old proverb that when two targarians are born, one will be normal (jamie) and one will be mad (Ciercei)

There was a rumor going around that it was Tyrian that was illegit and that's why Tywin hated him. But the timing doesn't fit. The timing fits the twins being illegit and Tyrian being legit. Maybe that's why Tywin hated him so much. It would just eat at the old man that the two he liked were not his and the one he looked down upon was. It doesn't appear things are headed that way though.

Last edited:
I think too much has been made about the three-headed dragon prophecy. I could be wrong, of course, but I took it simply to point to the existence of a third Targaryen child in Rhaegar's line. In the vision, he looks at Dany and says "there must be one more, the dragon must have three heads" or something like that - he's not talking about her and her dragons and their eventual riders, though that's what she assumed. He's revealing, albeit cryptically, Jon Snow's existence/identity. That's my theory, anyway. (Then again, I tend to see things that way in general and think there's a lot of overanalysis going on - after Dany's vision of it snowing in the throne room, my FB feed was full of analysis about winter coming and the white walkers taking Westeros and I looked at it as nothing more than a wink at the coming Jon Snow storyline and the book readers who already saw it coming. I mean really? Snow. On the Iron Throne. Isn't that exactly where this whole thing is heading? :rotfl:)

I've heard your explanation of the "three headed dragon" a number of places. Dany pretty just assumed it meant her, but it didn't.

It might be that. It might refer to the three children. But it also could refer to three riders or the three dragons themselves. And given the short amount of episodes left, yours may be the default solution. But I think the author has left it open to do it several different ways. That's the trouble with prophecy. It predicts everything, and yet predicts nothing.

It might be that. And given the short amount of episodes left, that may be the default solution. But I think the author has left it open to do it several different ways. That's the trouble with prophecy. It predicts everything, and yet predicts nothing.

Yep, and that leaves open the fun of overanalyzing it all. :) I have the same issue with the betrayal prophecy - Dany assumes it is she that will be betrayed, but the obvious explanation is that she's the one doing the betraying, for blood and for gold in the things she's already done to get to Westeros and for love in the future when she sacrifices herself either for Jon or for that new world she wants to create (or both).

On a related note, has anyone else heard rumor that season 8 might not debut until 2019?!?

Yep, and that leaves open the fun of overanalyzing it all. :) I have the same issue with the betrayal prophecy - Dany assumes it is she that will be betrayed, but the obvious explanation is that she's the one doing the betraying, for blood and for gold in the things she's already done to get to Westeros and for love in the future when she sacrifices herself either for Jon or for that new world she wants to create (or both).

On a related note, has anyone else heard rumor that season 8 might not debut until 2019?!?

I'd actually love for that to happen if.... The episodes aren't rushed and we're not just faced with an abrupt ending due to the time constraints. The first 6 seasons had tons of stuff. I don't want 7 and 8 to be Boom Boom the end.

HBO needs to get its act together. Westworld S2 was delayed and now possibly GOT.

This episode....

0mKXcg1.gif

Ahem
Called it.

Nothing unexpected, but all still so good and in some cases, extremely gratifying
Told my dad and his wife what you suggested yesterday afternoon before the show. You did totally call it! What a great scene!

Enjoyed Sam and Bran's talk, well done narration over Jon and Dany's "encounter." Felt that was a little rushed and snoopy Tyron gave me the creeps.

Tormond better be alive, he and Bron provide the best comical relief on this show!

You guys think Bran will make his announcement about Jon in the next premier? I guess/ hope that means that Sam or Gilly took that book from the citadel.

My husband and I watched last night. I felt it was a lackluster season finale. Had that been in the middle of the season it would have been great, but I expected more.

I saw that coming with the trial of Baelish. The actress who plays Sansa should have waited ONE beat longer to say his name(in my professional acting opinion :rotfl:).

I wanted Dani and Jon to get together but the fact that they were explaining his lineage in a voice over as it happened made me feel all icky and dirty.

Goodbye Wall. DH goes, "Is it fire or ice???"
Me-".....Lazerbeams."

Looking forward to next season(whenever that may be) and I hope they don't rush it.

OMG...just had a crazy thought...

The three headed dragon thing. Danny is one head of the dragon. She is a Targaryen. I presume Jon is also one of the heads as we have confirmed he is also a Targaryen. What if....what if THE NIGHT KING is the third head??? Could he also be a Targaryen? Maybe he is the zombie version of Rhaegar or even Aery's? Out to reclaim his throne...

The three headed dragon thing. Danny is one head of the dragon. She is a Targaryen. I presume Jon is also one of the heads as we have confirmed he is also a Targaryen. What if....what if THE NIGHT KING is the third head??? Could he also be a Targaryen? Maybe he is the zombie version of Rhaegar or even Aery's? Out to reclaim his throne...
I was thinking this too. Also heard that Tyrian might be a Targaryen and that's why daddy Lanister hated him soooooo much. I'd think it's likely the Night King.

It certainly is also possible that the prophecy refers to the night king, Dany, and we assume Jon as riders of the three dragons.

But is the night king Aerys or Rhaegar? That would be a twist. Nothing so far would indicate that except that it is believed only Targarians can ride dragons. Do dead dragons count too? And maybe the children of the forest had the ability too and it transferred to the night king. The night king was created before their time. There is heretofore two characters that could exist in two time periods simultaneously. Bran (now the three eyed Raven) and the old guy before him (who some suggest is also Bran but hasn't been revealed as such.) We know that Bran can interract on at least some level with people. But with the night king, that interraction is so much more.

We know the bran Hodor story. Hold the Door Hold the Door.
Did he drive Aerys crazy by going back in time again and attempting To tell him how to prepare for the white walkers? Burn them all. Burn them all. Burn them all.
Did Bran go back to the first war and end up as the legendary Bran the builder?
And finally did Bran go back to prevent creation of the night king and end up being the night king or if not being the night king stuck being warged into his body? Remember the warning Bran got from the old man?
In the book (not included in the TV series) young bran is told a version of the night king story that the night king is a stark and also named Bran.........
And finally, how exactly does the night king know things he's not supposed to know like uh bringing heavy chains to pull a dragon out of the water with him?

Of course it may just be the night king has those abilities because the children of the Forest had them and Bran may not be involved at all. He would seem to have similar abilities to Bran if not identical. Otherwise he wouldn't have known to bring heavy chains for the dragon. And of course the children had warg abilities so in theory, they should recognize that someone has warged into the guy they made the night king. And if Bran is the night king, why can't he just say well ok, we're not going south to kill everyone?

One thing I'm very fearful of is that there are so many lines set up to explore that could make this series end with the biggest bang ever and because they've decided to end it we'll get Cheesy solution Cheesy solution... The end and the bang will be a whimper.

Maybe the third head of the dragon is going to be Jon and Dany's baby.
That could be too. Or some other person we don't know about.

Last edited:
It certainly is also possible that the prophecy refers to the night king, Dany, and we assume Jon as riders of the three dragons.

But is the night king Aerys or Rhaegar? That would be a twist. Nothing so far would indicate that except that it is believed only Targarians can ride dragons. Do dead dragons count too? And maybe the children of the forest had the ability too and it transferred to the night king. The night king was created before their time. There is heretofore two characters that could exist in two time periods simultaneously. Bran (now the three eyed Raven) and the old guy before him (who some suggest is also Bran but hasn't been revealed as such.) We know that Bran can interract on at least some level with people. But with the night king, that interraction is so much more.

We know Aerys is dead. Rhaegar may have survived, as his body was never found. Some have speculated that he became Jaqen H'ghar. He died at the Trident, no where near the north. I don't think there's any way he's the Night King. Dragons aren't native to Westeros, they were brought there from Valyeria by the Targaryans.. The Children of the Forest would have no knowledge of dragons. I've read that you don't have to be a Targaryan to ride a dragon, but it helps. The Night King controls the wights and the dragon is a wight now, that's how he can ride him.

We know the bran Hodor story. Hold the Door Hold the Door.
Did he drive Aerys crazy by going back in time again and attempting To tell him how to prepare for the white walkers? Burn them all. Burn them all. Burn them all.
Did Bran go back to the first war and end up as the legendary Bran the builder?
And finally did Bran go back to prevent creation of the night king and end up being the night king or if not being the night king stuck being warged into his body? Remember the warning Bran got from the old man?
In the book (not included in the TV series) young bran is told a version of the night king story that the night king is a stark and also named Bran.........
And finally, how exactly does the night king know things he's not supposed to know like uh bringing heavy chains to pull a dragon out of the water with him?

I don't buy those theories about Bran influencing the past. He did it once by accident, and there's no reason for him to go back and intentionally try to change things now. Although Ned heard him, he couldn't see him. How could Bran have lived lives as a real person? Bran is a very common name in the Stark family. I have a ton of Joseph's in my family, and I guarantee they are not all the same person. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter