• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Game of Thrones Season 7....(WARNING SPOILERS)

Wonder if Tyrian is playing Dany and is really for the Lanisters. Dany has asked as much a couple times. They did not show final conversation between him and his sister.

I have the same concerns. Why else have that shot of him creeping outside their door? Either he is secretly in love with Dany, which is a possibility, or he is now plotting to betray her - at least on some level. I wonder what Varys would say. And I also wonder what impact Jaime showing up might have.

I missed how to say Jon's real name. Can someone spell it phonetically for me?

I wish they had shown the first kiss between Dany and Jon.

And I love me some dragons. I think they are awesome, even the dead one. I'm kind of hoping that if they kill the Knight King all the dead will get their souls back.

I missed how to say Jon's real name. Can someone spell it phonetically for me?

I wish they had shown the first kiss between Dany and Jon.

And I love me some dragons. I think they are awesome, even the dead one. I'm kind of hoping that if they kill the Knight King all the dead will get their souls back.

A (long a) - gon. Emphasis on the first syllable.

I think if they kill the Night King, the others will just collapse, as happened in the skirmish when Jon and his party captured the wight.

Odd choice for the show writers to go with the name Aegon (it's complicated). They could have simplified and stuck with Jonhaerys or something :rotfl:

Aegon is an important name to the Targaryans, so not all that surprising. The first Aegon was the king who unified the Seven Kingdoms. What is surprising to me is that George RR Martin chose the name because, in the books, Rhaegar's first born son is also Aegon. (Even though he is killed, along with his sister and mother.)

Wonder if Tyrian is playing Dany and is really for the Lanisters. Dany has asked as much a couple times. They did not show final conversation between him and his sister.

Ok, this thought did not occur to me at the time, but it makes sense! I also thought the Tyrion creeping outside the door was bizarre but they had to show it for a reason, right? When I was watching I kept thinking, WHY are they showing him??? Weird!! And you're right- they didn't show his conversation with Cersei. Hmmmmmmmm

Ok, this thought did not occur to me at the time, but it makes sense! I also thought the Tyrion creeping outside the door was bizarre but they had to show it for a reason, right? When I was watching I kept thinking, WHY are they showing him??? Weird!! And you're right- they didn't show his conversation with Cersei. Hmmmmmmmm

I think ya'll could be on to something, we didn't see what else was discussed. More importantly, Cersei is pregnant and Tyrion feels terrible guilt about the end of his house (if the remaining Lannister's don't have babies) and for Cersei's lost children - minus Joffrey. He could have changed sides to continue to help the North/Dany get rid of the white walkers and then leave their forces too disabled to fight Cersei's Golden Company and the Lannisters could continue in the future. I don't personally *think* this is what's up, but it won't be a logical issue should it happen.

I think ya'll could be on to something, we didn't see what else was discussed. More importantly, Cersei is pregnant and Tyrion feels terrible guilt about the end of his house (if the remaining Lannister's don't have babies) and for Cersei's lost children - minus Joffrey. He could have changed sides to continue to help the North/Dany get rid of the white walkers and then leave their forces too disabled to fight Cersei's Golden Company and the Lannisters could continue in the future. I don't personally *think* this is what's up, but it won't be a logical issue should it happen.

I still don't think she's really pregnant. Her body language during the white walker reveal was all wrong, she wears the "protecting my unborn child" stance too strategically. I think she's using it as a ploy to manipulate both of her brothers, and if there is any small chance she has swayed Tyrion at this point, Jamie's defection will put a quick end to that. Both because Tyrion always had more respect for/more of a bond with him than with Cersei and because you know Brienne will be the first one Jamie seeks out to tell about Cersei's plot.

I think Tyrion's suspicion/concern about Jon is far more practical in nature. Jon is Ned Stark's son in personality, regardless of who he might be biologically, and that radical honesty and sense of honor can easily become a liability for a conquering queen, as we already saw with the negotiations with Cersei (not that she'd have honored any deal he made anyway). And the scene around the war table about the return to Winterfell made it very clear that Jon's influence over her is rapidly beginning to eclipse both Tyrion's and Jorah's counsel.

Plus there's the tradition of a queen marrying for alliance rather than love; she already has Jon's loyalty and by extension the north. I think Tyrion imagined her marriage would have greater strategic value, and, given how storylines from the books sometimes pop up just when you think they've been left out, he and Varys may even have started the wheels turning on such an alliance. In which case, he'd be seeing her relationship with Jon Snow as just as dangerous a mistake as Rob Stark passing over the Frey girl to marry for love.

I still don't think she's really pregnant.

I *think* you're right, but I go only with what we've been told or hinted at. It wouldn't be tautologically impossible though, and the show is pretty good about that.

Jon is totally flawed in the way Ned was. I couldn't agree more. I'm shocked he's lived...well, continues to live.

Aegon is an important name to the Targaryans, so not all that surprising. The first Aegon was the king who unified the Seven Kingdoms. What is surprising to me is that George RR Martin chose the name because, in the books, Rhaegar's first born son is also Aegon. (Even though he is killed, along with his sister and mother.)

That's what I meant about complication. I can't remember in the show with Oberyn avenging his sister and her children if they mentioned that the baby's name was
Aegon but Rhaegar would not have named two infant sons Aegon. Plus with the abandoned Aegon storyline from the book...it seems like it makes for unnecessary confusion.

That's what I meant about complication. I can't remember in the show with Oberyn avenging his sister and her children if they mentioned that the baby's name was
Aegon but Rhaegar would not have named two infant sons Aegon. Plus with the abandoned Aegon storyline from the book...it seems like it makes for unnecessary confusion.

I think it's only confusing if you've read the books. I haven't so I only know the storylines in the books by comments I've seen about them. It appears the show has dropped several things which are somewhat prominent in the books so there's a conscious separation between the two by the shows writers.
I think they are also doing some spinoff series, right? I know I've read that but haven't read what they will be about. Maybe the name is a setup for one of those?
About Tyrion, I don't think he's betraying Dani. He saw this Jon and Dani relationship coming a mile away and is trying to figure out if it's a good or bad thing. Together they could either be great rulers and really break that wheel or they could be each other's downfall.
When they first showed someone watching at the door, I thought it was going to be Jorah. Poor guy, finds a cure for an incurable disease and still can't get the girl.

About Tyrion, I don't think he's betraying Dani. He saw this Jon and Dani relationship coming a mile away and is trying to figure out if it's a good or bad thing. Together they could either be great rulers and really break that wheel or they could be each other's downfall.
When they first showed someone watching at the door, I thought it was going to be Jorah. Poor guy, finds a cure for an incurable disease and still can't get the girl.

But there is the prophecy that Danerys is betrayed 3 times, and so far it has only been twice. So maybe Tyrion is the 3rd. (My son pointed that out to me because I didn't remember that!)

But there is the prophecy that Danerys is betrayed 3 times, and so far it has only been twice. So maybe Tyrion is the 3rd. (My son pointed that out to me because I didn't remember that!)

A prophecy in the show? I don't remember that but there's so many things that happen, it's hard to remember everything.
Maybe Tyrion will betray her. I don't think he's secretly aligned himself with Cersei though.

Another theory is that Tyrion somehow received a raven with Bran's information and looks so creepy because it's dawning on him what that means

Tyrian could be trying to show Cersei he is going to help her and he will betray Dany and Cersei will let her guard down with him and he will kill her (like her prophecy). Then he will be Lanister Lord and will have put an end to crazy Cersei. Ends justifying the means.

A prophecy in the show? I don't remember that but there's so many things that happen, it's hard to remember everything.
Maybe Tyrion will betray her. I don't think he's secretly aligned himself with Cersei though.

Three Treasons will you know; once for blood, once for gold, once for love.

The prophecy may be referring to betrayals of Dany. It also might be referring to Dany's betrayal of others.

Or he could simply take control of the dragons (they seemed fond of him) and force it upon her.

I don't think that likely. That would be out of character for Jon. Some characters have evolved quite a bit but they tend not to change their basic character in the show. Sansa, though she is a lot less naive still wants to be the lady. Arya, though she has learned the techniques of assassins, always really wanted to be a fighter. Never really wanted to be anything like the lady of the castle. Why couldn't Circei kill either brother when it was clearly in her interest to do so? Because she's not gone off the edge mentally yet and they're still family.

Further, we don't truly know whether the three headed dragon prophecy refers to Dany's dragons and there are three riders or... that there are three riders and more dragons out there. We may find some dragon eggs in the unexplored catacombs under Winterfell. Or he'll ride dany's second dragon. She always rides the one. The other two (now one) follows. And we also don't know about the third. Does the night king count as #3? Or is there another out there. It might actually be one of the Lannister Twins who could actually be Targarian. Things haven't been headed that way but you know how the author likes surprises.

I don't think that likely. That would be out of character for Jon. Some characters have evolved quite a bit but they tend not to change their basic character in the show. Sansa, though she is a lot less naive still wants to be the lady. Arya, though she has learned the techniques of assassins, always really wanted to be a fighter. Never really wanted to be anything like the lady of the castle. Why couldn't Circei kill either brother when it was clearly in her interest to do so? Because she's not gone off the edge mentally yet and they're still family.

Further, we don't truly know whether the three headed dragon prophecy refers to Dany's dragons and there are three riders or... that there are three riders and more dragons out there. We may find some dragon eggs in the unexplored catacombs under Winterfell. Or he'll ride dany's second dragon. She always rides the one. The other two (now one) follows. And we also don't know about the third. Does the night king count as #3? Or is there another out there. It might actually be one of the Lannister Twins who could actually be Targarian. Things haven't been headed that way but you know how the author likes surprises.

Well we've only got 6 episodes left next season so it doesn't seem like enough time to start introducing unexplored catacombs and additional dragon eggs. I think at this point, what we see is what we're going to get.

It might actually be one of the Lannister Twins who could actually be Targarian. Things haven't been headed that way but you know how the author likes surprises.

The twins - Cersei and Jamie - couldn't have been Targaryens - or not Rhaegar Targaryen's child with Lyanna Stark. Jamie is the one who killed the mad king, so he and Cersei were adults. Are you referring to some other Lannister Twins I'm forgetting, or are you suggesting that they could be Targaryens from a different part of the line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter