• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden grill picky kid

Can you get chicken nuggets for picky eaters at Garden Grill?
We were not given the choice to get them for our picky 3 year old. We actually had a very poor experience.
We were hurried with minimal character interaction. It was like quickly seat them throw the food on the table let them see a character or two and then get them out as quickly as possible and move onto the next one.
Everyone says what a great experience they have ours was the opposite. Not sure why but I was thinking it was because they were trying to get more people through because of the candlelight processional bookings.
We also went to liberty tree tavern and could not fault the service food and atmosphere. They gave our 3 year old nuggets and chips without any problems.

That is too bad you had that experience. I have a kid on the spectrum and I have never had an instance where they would not be accommodating.

not sure if you can get nuggets but you will still pay the Garden Grill price for child not the nugget price. I do know but does Garden Grill share a kitchen? if not doubt they would have to prepare them

They don't share a kitchen with anyone, so what is on the menu are the only things available.
My kid is picky in different ways, I think she ate bread and mac and cheese here?

If a restaurant shares a kitchen with another restaurant, they can often get things off-menu but Garden Grill does not. It's the only restaurant on that level of the building and the downstairs quick service does not have nuggets on the menu, either.

I have never seen anyone report something different offered, and would be surprised if they could get their hands on nuggets if they wanted to.

Our kids ate nothing but bread when we were there. We didn't ask for substitutions but they also didn't offer (we have had servers do this at other restaurants before).

Our kids ate nothing but bread when we were there. We didn't ask for substitutions but they also didn't offer (we have had servers do this at other restaurants before).

I don’t think they have the ability to sub anything, so that’s probably why they didn’t offer.

The food at GG is pretty standard fare. Nothing “weird” or exotic. I feel like it’s a good choice for a picky eater. We took our son when he was 18 months old specifically because the food looked toddler-friendly (and he ate a lot!).

Sounds like people don't have picky eaters. My kid will only eat mac and cheese if it comes from a blue box. She KNOWS when it doesn't. She'll eat fries, but not mashed potatoes. Chicken, sometimes, if she thinks it "looks normal" which let me tell you means in nugget form. She says she likes salad, but what she means is "lettuce that has never touched another vegetable or dressing." It's fun. We can normally get her to eat steak, but even though we got her some without the sauce, she said she could smell the sauce and thus didn't want to try it 🙄

Sounds like people don't have picky eaters. My kid will only eat mac and cheese if it comes from a blue box. She KNOWS when it doesn't. She'll eat fries, but not mashed potatoes. Chicken, sometimes, if she thinks it "looks normal" which let me tell you means in nugget form. She says she likes salad, but what she means is "lettuce that has never touched another vegetable or dressing." It's fun. We can normally get her to eat steak, but even though we got her some without the sauce, she said she could smell the sauce and thus didn't want to try it 🙄

Yeah mine is picky but in a totally first world problem way. She won't eat mac and cheese from the blue box. I spoiled her with Annie's and now, well, I'm paying the price. And steak, only if it's filet mignon, how dare you offend her elevated sensibilities with a skirt steak :rotfl2:

I think she at the bread and the mac and cheese....and pushed the steak around her plate.

Picky or actual sensory processing issues? Picky they can probably find you something. I have a nephew that has sensory processing issues and if that's the case I feel for you. Nothing has ever aged my brother more.

Lol this conversation sounds like my nephew who only ate white foods for a few years. All of us made sure to have some white foods available at the holiday gatherings. One year I tried to make white cranberry sauce.

not me over here jealous of all y'all who have kids who will EAT MAC N CHEESE! my kids are gonna live off nuggies and fries at Disney 🤦🏼‍♀️ which is why I'm planning to order some groceries and bring lunch most of the time haha. I really wanted to do GG but there's no way my kids would eat the food

When we went there for dinner (pre - Covid 8 or more years ago) , my Daughter who is so picky , wouldn’t eat anything. Our server noticed she wasn’t eating and brought us a big platter of nuggets and fries. (We didnot even ask, my daughter ate the nuggets, our server was so nice, it saved our evening). But again this was pre- Covid.

Lol this conversation sounds like my nephew who only ate white foods for a few years. All of us made sure to have some white foods available at the holiday gatherings. One year I tried to make white cranberry sauce.

My middle child went through a "C" food phase, when she was about 3, while learning her alphabet. Cheese, chicken, carrots, celery were her go to meals. She did not get her favorite C foods very often, sad for her...cake and candy. :rotfl2:

This is the same kid who would cry if she got a blue cup, that she asked for, because she really wanted the red one. :sad2:

We were there in June and my daughter is very picky! We asked if they could get a chicken leg from downstairs and a pb&j, they did with no problem. It was a really great experience with the characters also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter