Garden Grocer - Big Disappointment!

Sorry to say that we used Garden Grocer this past trip and had a bad experience too. I had used them once before and all went very well. I think it's just luck of the draw. This time they left a bunch of things out of our order. It took many phone conversations and it ended up they brought the rest of our order, but it was the next day and they never compensated us for the problem. Also, I had to follow up, they didn't call me and apologize. Just not good business. So, I think we'll try We Go Shop next time.

Christine

So you do not have to be there when they deliver even if you bought alcohol? I am heading down in 2 weeks and my Dad and brother ordered some beer and we thought we would have to wait on them to deliver!

You don't need to be there, they had me fax a copy of my drivers license down to them and they left the beer and wine with bell services.

Thanks for all the info.
We were planning to use Garden Grocer when we come to WDW in a week and a half. Now, I will have to do a little more research.

My 2 cents.

We have done a couple of things.

Rented a car and bought out own groceries,. This took a little time and bout 30 bucks or so for a rental car. Got what we wanted.

Used We Go Shop. Real nice lady. Very Helpful, 99% accurate on what we orders name brand wise, and about 99.9% accurate on what we ordered item wise. Delivery charge and tip added up though. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to go this route.

Had DVC deliver the groceries from DVC Store,. Limited selection, high prices, but they delivered and stocked the items in our room. Costly but very nice.

Netgrocer. Ordered non-perishable items. worked ok but had to wait for mail.

I remember when the owner of Garden Grocer came on the dis and posted his comments about what was going on. IMHO, their was an arrogance in his posting and it seemed like "yeah we got too busy, sorry, not going to say anymore about it".

I would never use them after reading his repsonse and well as other horror stories.

Companies do make mistakes but how they handle the errors is what separates them from the good ones IMHO.

I am glad too hear that there are success stories with this company and maybe they will get better, it is just not worth the risk of using them IMHO.

I remember when the owner of Garden Grocer came on the dis and posted his comments about what was going on. IMHO, their was an arrogance in his posting and it seemed like "yeah we got too busy, sorry, not going to say anymore about it".

I would never use them after reading his repsonse and well as other horror stories.

Companies do make mistakes but how they handle the errors is what separates them from the good ones IMHO.
That says it about as well as it can be said.

Everybody makes mistakes, but not everyone responds the way this company does. And unfortunately, they seem to respond that way pretty consistently over time. It's not like this is the first thread of this type.

Here is an old thread, scroll down to the post by, littleowensmommy.......not a very professional response :(

....and right about now, Garden Grocer's going,hhhmm, business is really slowing down, better go check the Disboards and do some spin control....;)

I read the old thread, and I'm one of the people who did have problems in August '06. Somewhere out there is another thread, because we were reimbursed our delivery fee and I did acknowledge that in another thread. Our next all family vacation is in a month an a half, and I'm renting a small car for the week, just for our own grocery needs, and just to have for small errands.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Well I have spoken to Marge at We Go Shop twice today. The on line order website isn't working right. I sent her my order through the e-mail. I had an e-mail response within minutes and a phone call tonight. Everything was handled very professionally. My groceries will be at AKV when I arrive. I have a late flight so she will deliver them early for me. I don't like any company that will only communicate through e-mail. Sometimes you just need a person to take care of things.

We used GG for the first time in May of this year...based on the reports on these boards (as Jim said, there has been mostly good posts for the past year). We had a not-great experience. Items missing, VERY late delivery, etc.

I decided to give them a second chance for our August trip last week. (This is unlike me...if my first experience is bad, I usually won't be a repeat customer.) Again though, it seemed like everyone else was raving. So I gave them another shot.

Everything for this trip went off without a hitch. Grocs. were there waiting for us upon arrival and the order was perfect.

HOWEVER, I called 2 days before because I wanted to make sure that things were going to be ok this time around...and I had ordered alcohol in the comments section. The person that I spoke with (neither rude nor friendly--just businesslike) informed me that when there is an alcohol purchase, you have to pay separately. She said that someone from GG contacts customers when there is an alcohol order in order to get credit card info. and take care of the payment, etc. Well, no one had called or e-mailed me. So I gave her my credit card info. over the phone then and there. Had I not made that confirmation phone call, I am quite sure that we would have had a "dry" stay. :eek:

HOWEVER, I called 2 days before because I wanted to make sure that things were going to be ok this time around...and I had ordered alcohol in the comments section. The person that I spoke with (neither rude nor friendly--just businesslike) informed me that when there is an alcohol purchase, you have to pay separately. She said that someone from GG contacts customers when there is an alcohol order in order to get credit card info. and take care of the payment, etc. Well, no one had called or e-mailed me. So I gave her my credit card info. over the phone then and there. Had I not made that confirmation phone call, I am quite sure that we would have had a "dry" stay. :eek:
I think what they normally do in this case is deliver the order and contact you afterwards about settling up for the additional items. At least, that was our experience with our grocery order this past May. We listed some wine in the Comments section, along with a few other items that were not listed on their website. Our order was delivered to Bell Services and the delivery person left a message on DH's cell phone to please call back to pay for the additional items. That was one of the things I especially liked about their service -- we didn't have to hang around the resort waiting for the delivery. They were willing to leave the entire order with Bell Services and trust us to settle up later for the additional money we owed them. Very convenient.

That's why I'm so dismayed to hear these negative reports. Things went very smoothly for us with our first (and so far only) experience with GG. I was looking forward to using their service for future trips. I placed our order for our next trip quite some time ago so I'm going to see how it goes.

I think what they normally do in this case is deliver the order and contact you afterwards about settling up for the additional items. At least, that was our experience with our grocery order this past May. We listed some wine in the Comments section, along with a few other items that were not listed on their website. Our order was delivered to Bell Services and the delivery person left a message on DH's cell phone to please call back to pay for the additional items. That was one of the things I especially liked about their service -- we didn't have to hang around the resort waiting for the delivery. They were willing to leave the entire order with Bell Services and trust us to settle up later for the additional money we owed them. Very convenient.

That's why I'm so dismayed to hear these negative reports. Things went very smoothly for us with our first (and so far only) experience with GG. I was looking forward to using their service for future trips. I placed our order for our next trip quite some time ago so I'm going to see how it goes.

I agree with the part about leaving the items with bell services. What we did this time was to schedule the delivery for 3-4 hours before we were actually arriving. That way I felt confident that everything would be there upon our arrival. It worked out well (other than it took OKW staff a bit to find our order...but he was Earning his Ears).

We had a big problem w/ GG ourselves a year and 1/2 ago. We went w/ them due to the fact that they could deliver to BWV between 4 & 5PM on date of arrival (we had 2 diabetics in our party of 6) I called when groceries were not delivered by 5:30PM and told he was on his way, called again at 6:30pm ....well you know the drill, by 8PM it was "i'm in traffic 10 mins away" etc. needless to say we got some food on the boardwalk sent most of the party to MK (It was EMH) and me & Mom (the two diabetics who by then had eaten) waited for GG until 10PM!!! I was livid. I confronted him and the story then completely changed. I will never use them again. He did finally admit a couple of "quick" orders came in that he delivered prior to us (seemed like alot more than a couple)

We used GG last week for the first time and had no problems at all. They actually called me to say they were running ahead of schedule and dropped off the order at OKW while we were still waiting for DME to take us from the airport to OKW. I would use the service again.

We used Garden Grocer on our recent trip to WDW...staying at The Beach Club Villas from 9/15 through 9/23/2007...by the way, where we want to stay from now on...AWESOME!!!

Garden Grocer made the delivery at the time we had set up in advance, and delivered EVERTHING we had ordered. We will definitely use them again!

We used Garden Grocer on our recent trip to WDW...staying at The Beach Club Villas from 9/15 through 9/23/2007...by the way, where we want to stay from now on...AWESOME!!!

Garden Grocer made the delivery at the time we had set up in advance, and delivered EVERTHING we had ordered. We will definitely use them again!

Doh de doh de doh, spin control!

I have to say the negative posts made me nervous, but we decided to try out Garden Grocer for our trip the end of Oct. So far so good.. I had a question about an infant formula that wasn't listed and I emailed them. They responded via email just about an hour later that they could get it and just to put it in the comments section with qty's and such.

After I placed my order I got a confirmation email.

Now the delivery is the thing ;) I'll be sure to post our experience when we come back.

Oh and this formula order is just a backup (i'll be packing most of it)..wouldn't want to leave that to chance.

They did have certain block out dates on their website for days they were completely booked..so maybe it is a "can't meet demand" sort of thing. Doesn't explain the rudeness though.

I just placed an order yesterday and got my confirmation email. All went without any glitches. I did put a bottle of wine and a case of Mike's in the comment section. When should I receive a call about the booze?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter