Garden Grocer - Big Disappointment!

We just used GG for our trip on Sept 19th. I was getting pretty nervous when I saw the negative posts that popped up on these boards AFTER I had placed my order, but our experience was a positive one--all went well and groceries were delivered to bell services before we even arrived.

But I did not purchase any alcohol and did not try to add anything to the order after I had placed it, so ours was very plain jane.

Any place can have growing pains and problems, but rude responses are not acceptable IMHO. Then again, what is rude to one person may not seem so to another and communicating via email is the worst (but via phone isn't far behind)...in email all you get are the words...no tone/inflection/body language to help interpret their meaning.

I just placed an order yesterday and got my confirmation email. All went without any glitches. I did put a bottle of wine and a case of Mike's in the comment section. When should I receive a call about the booze?
Based on my own experience, they will not call you. They will bring the items in the comments section along with the rest of your order and ask you to pay the balance on delivery. In our case, they left everything with Bell Services along with a note about the cost of the additional items. We called them and settled up over the phone.

ETA: They do call you when they deliver the items, but not at the time you place your order. If you have a question about the items in the comments section of your order, it would be best to contact them now via email. They probably do not even look at your order until a day or two before they need to deliver it.

I just placed an order yesterday and got my confirmation email. All went without any glitches. I did put a bottle of wine and a case of Mike's in the comment section. When should I receive a call about the booze?

I was not there when they delivered my groceries. I received a call the next day on my cell and authorized a cc payment for the beer.

Sounds like hit or miss with GG. The last time I used them, for a trip, they were late on their delivery by 3 or 4 hours. Everything was right, except for one thing, which wasn't a big deal. The delivery person told me about it and asked me if it was OK. I thought the transaction went fine, all things considered. I'm not sure if I would take the risk a second time though. It's supposed to be vacation, and the last thing anyone needs is to add a level of stress.

For those that have done it, how much is a taxi to a market. Do we tell them to wait for us and any suggested markets? I read in another post that Publix was good and the Hess stations weren't bad either.

We took a taxi one time from OKW to Goodings and I believe it was $10 each way. I prefer going the extra mile down the road to Winn Dixie. Plus, there is a package liquor store in the front of their shopping center. I won't expect to get a phone call to settle up on the booze. Will wait and see when my order is delivered.

We took a taxi one time from OKW to Goodings and I believe it was $10 each way. I prefer going the extra mile down the road to Winn Dixie. Plus, there is a package liquor store in the front of their shopping center. I won't expect to get a phone call to settle up on the booze. Will wait and see when my order is delivered.

GG called me up the night before we left for our vacation to pay for a bottle of liquor that I ordered. They said that they make one run to the liquor store each day towards the end of the day for the next days deliveries. I was satisfied with their service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter