Gay Days at WDW

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
Friends, it's been suggested that we start a new sticky to post helpful information about Gay Days and Gay Days events at WDW.

So, here we are.

Post away!!!

I plan on going to the foam party at P-House on the 26th, and I hope to do Beach Ball too. Pleasure Island on that Thursday is always fun. What's everyone else doing?

No real structured plans. Probably just do our usual, float in and out as the spirit moves.

Ummm... what's a foam party? (I'm picturing serious amounts of beer drinking)... :eek:

DVC-OKW!

Your showing your age! :rotfl2: They fill a bar or an area with foam, think Snow on Main Street gone wrong! and the patrons play in it.

Why I dont know, way too old to get involved in that! :surfweb:

Well this year we want to host a get together. Something casual and maybe dinner to follow. We were thinking at staying at the Wilderness Villas. Maybe dinner at Artist Point Friday night? Thoughts?

Steven

Well this year we want to host a get together. Something casual and maybe dinner to follow. We were thinking at staying at the Wilderness Villas. Maybe dinner at Artist Point Friday night? Thoughts?

Steven

Mmmmm, Artist Point...the mushroom soup there is to die for! :goodvibes

I'm not making it this year , even when I missed it last year I PROMISED to go back this year. Friends and family are all heading down in August because some of them are teachers and cant go in June < Darn It >

I just want to say that I love Gay Week , its like nothing else! I used to love going to MGM for the private party and my FAV thing of all , was after the week ended our last night would be Sunday night , we would hang out at the brewery on Boardwalk drinking pitchers outside meeting new friends!!

OrlandoMike! LOL! All I could think of was beer foam! LOL. The actual thing sounds a bit errrmmm...lively?

Artist Point is a wonderful place to have an intimate dinner! I love the food there. Ask for the corner window table (the windows form the corner). It is a glorious view!

Thanks for the info so far and looking forward to more. We're going for the first time this year. Staying off-site as we did a condo exchange. Looking forward to hearing about more of the private events. Husbear's never been to P-House so we'll likely be going there (although unlikely we'll take part in the foam party unless it is beer suds). Has anyone been to the TL party and is it only for body beautifuls?

Today I booked into Disney Wilderness Lodge Villas. Will be there from the 29th of May to the 4th of June. Anyone staying at Wilderness Lodge? My partner and I are looking forward to meeting other Disney fans.

Seattle,

The TL party does tend to be for the younger set. Not sure of what "party supplies" they do, but I can tell you they drink a lot of bottled water and suck on suckers all night. :confused3 (showing my age here) But I can tell you the park is beautiful at night, and you should be able to have a great time regardless of what age you are. They usually have about 16 portable bars set up, and most if not all of the attractions are open. They also bring in a DJ, but how on earth you dance in sand is beyond me.

If your screen name is any indication (Bear) you may want to go just past the PH and try a club called the Full Moon. It's the "bear bar" here in town. They have a web site, just do a little searching. You can easily walk between the PH and the moon, and the PH has a lot more parking. PM me if you have any more questions....

Mike

Anyone know what bars in the Orlando area are smoke free, by choice or by law? I was told the Pulse is, but I didn't like the 'hood so I didn't go in. I'm new to the Central Florida area. Thanks.

That section of Orange ave is not really the "hood". It's a pretty safe area and you should have no problems in that part of town. In fact all of the decent hospitals in Orlando are less than a half mile from this place! Both the Parliment House and the Full Moon have extensive outdoor areas that, while not smoke free, are at least outside. I know the PH has a huge outdoor party every Sunday afternoon surrounding the pool area. I dont go out much anymore, but hope that helps.

Just booked beach club for gay days! Steve and I will be coming down..we're both excited!

AND...we got it for 40% off the rack rate due to this code/pin hoopla over at the code/rates thread!

Hey Mike -- Thanks much for the info. DH was interested in going to the TL party but a little concerned about attitude. Sounds like it's well enough attended that we can enjoy it for what it is.

Hmmmm How much is it? I may join you there...we can sit in the old farts section! LOL I have yet to ride the new water coaster! Typhoon at night is a real treat, not many people get to see that!

Not sure if tickets are on sale yet, but hopefully I'll be able to afford them this year LOL. I think they normally go for about $80

$80! :eek:

No thanks, It's not that pretty at night! LOL

Good Luck and have fun if you go!

Would anyone be interested in attending a gay meet and greet at one of the miniture golf places, or going on a tour? Also is there anyone well versed in disney magic theat may want to lead a tour of some type? Just wanted to generate some alternatives for gay days. Your input is appreciated.

Steven

OrlandoMike said:
$80! :eek:

No thanks, It's not that pretty at night! LOL

Good Luck and have fun if you go!
YOWCH!! That's a little out of our price range too unless there's an open bar :drinking1 Or at least free beer (MMMM! BEEEEER!)

Such a shame...I was really looking forward to having an 'old farts' cabana :sad1:

HB and I are always up for mini-golf and we've never been to the WDW courses. Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter