Gay Days at WDW

Here is a new event catering to bears, cub, admirers, etc at Wet and Wild. Its called Title Wave and has an open bar, etc. Here is the link http://www.tidalwaveparty.com. Hope this helps with your water fun ideas. Still priced around $70.

Steven

Steve -- MANY thanks letting us know about the Tidal Wave party. Exactly what we were looking for...something locally sponsored, aimed at my demographic, and proceeds go to charity. Perfect. We're still up for mini-golfing BTW. --Steve

Does anyone know if they still do the party at MGM, it used to be on Saturday night 10pm to 3 am and it was a blast.

I would never do beach ball , I'm just not " made " that way!! <G>

Yes that party is still on, and the entertainment is Kathy Griffin.

Hello all
New to the site and stumbled upon this section

Myself and my partner of 5 yrs love Disney/Orlando to bits and are returning again this year (April 16th) with a friend and her son.....didn't know such things existed - Gay Days at WDW.....how does this work? (maybe I am being naive here)...any info would be appreciated.....

Hello all
New to the site and stumbled upon this section

Myself and my partner of 5 yrs love Disney/Orlando to bits and are returning again this year (April 16th) with a friend and her son.....didn't know such things existed - Gay Days at WDW.....how does this work? (maybe I am being naive here)...any info would be appreciated.....

Gayday started out as being just the first Saturday in June. All us gay folks get together in the Magic Kingdom, and it is traditional to wear a red shirt (so the straight folks get an idea of just how many of us there are). It's been going for several years now (I cant remember exactly, but this year is year 15 or 17 or similar), and has expanded into a whole week of events. You can go to www.gaydays.com for info.

Gayday started out as being just the first Saturday in June. All us gay folks get together in the Magic Kingdom, and it is traditional to wear a red shirt (so the straight folks get an idea of just how many of us there are). It's been going for several years now (I cant remember exactly, but this year is year 15 or 17 or similar), and has expanded into a whole week of events. You can go to www.gaydays.com for info.

Thanks for the info......very interesting

Is there a big turn out each year?

It has grown into a whole week of activities, and yes THOUSANDS come to Orlando every year. Famlies, singles, all kinds of folks! The first saturday in June at the MK is still the focus, but there are literally dozens of events and parties.

I may be completely wrong , but I thought there was a party either at one of the parks or a sports venue? that had sold more than 60,000 tickets for the event a couple of years ago.

Thatsa lot of people!

I may be completely wrong , but I thought there was a party either at one of the parks or a sports venue? that had sold more than 60,000 tickets for the event a couple of years ago.

Thatsa lot of people!

That was probably the after-hours event they have every year at the Disney-MGM studios. It used to be called "One Mighty Party," not sure if that's still the name of it. And yes, the park gets REALLY full for that hehe

Where is everyone staying? I'm not sure which events we will do but we're both looking forward to getting down there and enjoying Disney world!

Yuhp " One Mighty Party " at MGM this year Kathy Griffin is opening the party.

I think I'm heading down , maybe.

OK I'm gonna toss this out into the ring to see what happens.

If your comming to gay days how do you feel about a bunch of us getting toghter and volunteering at "Give Kids the World", and then we can "go out" afterwards.

It's a great chance for our group to do some good while we get to know each other, then we can go out and celebrate!

Any thoughts on this?

Mike

Mike:

I only wish I was coming down for GD this year.. because I'd be all over this. I think it's a terrific idea.

Had I known about this further in advance, I would have taken a day from our upcoming trip to get the four guys going to volunteer for a bit. I don't think we can work it in now -- we leave in 5 days.. !

It'd be an awesome way to do something every year around Gay Days tho!

J

Mike:

I only wish I was coming down for GD this year.. because I'd be all over this. I think it's a terrific idea.

Had I known about this further in advance, I would have taken a day from our upcoming trip to get the four guys going to volunteer for a bit. I don't think we can work it in now -- we leave in 5 days.. !

It'd be an awesome way to do something every year around Gay Days tho!

J

Where are you guys staying it?

As for the GKTW, I'm up for it!

David:

We are four guys.. 23, 25, 26 and 36 .. we're stayin at Pop arriving in the daytime on Sunday the 25th.. We're driving down from Canada so we're leaving on Friday night. :)

I must be a sucker for punishment.. on the trip .. two ex-boyfriends and one of their new boyfriends. Ha ha.

J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter