Gay Days at WDW

“If your coming to gay days how do you feel about a bunch of us getting together and volunteering at "Give Kids the World", and then we can "go out" afterwards.

It's a great chance for our group to do some good while we get to know each other, then we can go out and celebrate! http://www.gktw.org/

Give kids the world is a wonderful program that provides dream vacations to families with terminally ill children.”

OrlandoMike, this is the BEST idea I’ve heard on the DIS boards! :thumbsup2 Do you have any details about the volunteer orientation they mention on their website? It says volunteer orientations are held 3-4 times each month. I filled out their online volunteer application. Perhaps a session near Gay Days for those of us out-of-towners could work? Getting a group organized could take some long-term planning. Depending on their response and our jumping into action, perhaps a few of us could test-the-water this year and then spread the word. I suspect that once I do this, I’ll make it an annual tradition. I could see lots of DISers finding this would become the highlight of their Disney experience. :hug: Their newsletter article of GE employees doing a group work day was inspirational. :love: I haven’t noticed if the DIS boards already have an official charity, but they might be inspired to adopt “Give Kids the World” by publicizing any group event we establish. Alright, I see my imagination is ready to spring into action. Anyone else interested yet?

I've been lurking,(not just here, but lurking in general). Just wanted to say that I was at Gay Days last year and only saw one inappropriate display of affection, and that was between a teenage boy and girl. I hope you all have a great time and I wish I could be there again. By the way, I'm a straight mother of 4 kids.

Oh yeah, have a Dole Whip Float for me. I LOVE those things!

I really appreciate your comment and could noy have said it any better myself
my husband and I and my 2 grown daughters and our grandson will be at Disney world from 5/28/07-6/4/07 and i have already decided that if i see inappropriate activity I will either tell the party to go get a hotel room or i will find a cast member and report them trust me i have nothing against gays or lesbians i have friends who are but inappropriate displays of public affection are offensive and disney world is not the place or the time.

Susan C Eagle
Momeagle36@aol.com

I just returned yesterday from 9 days at Disney and the only inappropriate displays of affection that I witnessed were from hetero couples (not all teenagers either I might add). There were plenty of gay couples there as well who were perfectly well behaved. I am curious if you would be so willing to report this behaviour to a cast member if the couple were hetero since your comment only refers to gays and lesbians?

I just asked a simple question and I am getting all these negative posts. Why? If you don't have an answer just say so.

I just asked a simple question and I am getting all these negative posts. Why? If you don't have an answer just say so.

What negative posts? I haven't spied one.

And, really, if you would post under a screen name with more gravitas, we might take you more seriously. Short of that, we view and treat you as a light weight.

Come out of hiding and we'll chat.

The answer is as varied as the many people that attend any event. But for many gays and lesbians, it is a time when they can attend and enjoy Disney with their families, their parents, spouses, friends and children. With less chance of an unpleasant confrontation and interference from people who, for whatever reason, seem to make it THEIR business what type of families and lives other people have, rather than simply living their own lives to the fullest.

You know, the kind of people that want to decide how others live their lives. The kind of people that are too busy judging others to live their own lives.

Did we decide on something or is there still debate on a meet for Thursday 5/31?
Still interested
-Danielle

Is the park closed down for gays only? Why do we have to have special days based on your sexual preference? I have never had a problem with someone being gay but I think this is a little silly. Going to WDW should be fun for everyone regardless of their sexual preference. Whats next "Bisexual Day".

The nice thing is Disney isn't in the business of judging or discriminating against their guests.

going to a magical place like disney without your partner- that IS sad. :( i do suggest single-rider lines, tho.. at least you can benefit being alone? but still- awwww:sad1:

Is the park closed down for gays only? Why do we have to have special days based on your sexual preference? I have never had a problem with someone being gay but I think this is a little silly. Going to WDW should be fun for everyone regardless of their sexual preference. Whats next "Bisexual Day".

You know Dad, in a perfect world, there would be no need for a special day for Gays and Lesbians, but it is not a perfect world, and we still have to live our lives being judged and scrutinized by others. We still have to face the glares and comments just for being with our friends and partners... We still have to be afraid to hold our partners hand in public. Gay Days is a time when we can go to the Disney parks and just be ourselves.
No, they do not close the parks for just gays... And, you know it is just the nature of the Gay community to be accepting of everyone...so Bisexuals could certainly join our merry group... Straights too.
I think the whole Gay Community is very accepting and inclusive...

You know Dad, in a perfect world, there would be no need for a special day for Gays and Lesbians, but it is not a perfect world, and we still have to live our lives being judged and scrutinized by others. We still have to face the glares and comments just for being with our friends and partners... We still have to be afraid to hold our partners hand in public. Gay Days is a time when we can go to the Disney parks and just be ourselves.
No, they do not close the parks for just gays... And, you know it is just the nature of the Gay community to be accepting of everyone...so Bisexuals could certainly join our merry group... Straights too.

the park doesnt SHUT down just so "gays" can have all the attention- it's just a nice way to honor people who can be themselves- i do believe i wore a red tshirt- not because i'm lesbian, but to support and respect people who are there in the parks at that time~

Very well said Bocabear. I appreciate your answer that other people on this board could not. Have fun at future trips to WDW.

Thanks Dad, I appreciate your willingness to discuss the whole thing. I think alot of times, straight people don't understand that being Gay is not just a preference...I could no more be straight then George Bush could claim he is African-American. ...LOL
Being Gay is just part of our genetics and makeup, not a choice at all...
On that basic fact I think all arguments against homosexuality fall.
I hope I have been able to explain it a little bit better.
See you at Disney World! :goodvibes

Did we decide on something or is there still debate on a meet for Thursday 5/31?
Still interested
-Danielle

I'll be wearing my tropical shirt touring Animal Kingdom with my mom on Thursday, May 31st. I'm cool with a meet-up. We've got a lot to pack in during the morning, so the afternoon is better for me. Unless you mean in the evening. Currently, we have 8pm dinner planned at the Rainforest Cafe (to let the crowd disperse). After I drop mom off, I'll explore PI and head toward Mannequins unless there is an alternative meet-up plan.

We had a thread going that proposed a meet on the top floor of 8Trax @ 8pm on the 31st.. But then some folks wanted a quieter venue.. So they proposed the Adventurers Club ...

And then nothing was decided. Probably time to start a new "Official Gay Days DIS Meet - 05/31 @ PI" Thread..

I'll brb.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter