Germany-FairyTale Veterans - A couple of questions for you...

TaiTai1

Love To Cruise!
For all you veterans and alumni from the Germany trips...I have a couple of questions:

1.) At the place you make a stuffed bear head, is there an alternative thing to do? (and why don't you get the whole bear?)

2.) We're on the Adults Only trip in September....do they change up the itinerary any for this particular group?

3.) At the Christmas Shops, can we have our purchases shipped back to the USA? I'm not sure I want to bring an extra suitcase for all I'm hoping to purchase! :scared1:

4.) How much walking/hiking do we actually do? Do we need to bring hiking boots, or are just plain walking/running shoes ok? I'm going to try and pack light.

5.) Was anyone there for Oktoberfest? Anything special?

6.) Anything special we need to know? -like packing a particular unique thing?

Thanks. :love:

:goodvibes At the Steiff bear factory, there was a choice of bear,pig,and something else. To make whole body would take the entire day so there is not enough time to make the figure.

The Christmas shops offer to ship your gifts home. I had mine shipped . They arrived perfectly.:goodvibes

Walking shoes is fine.

For all you veterans and alumni from the Germany trips...I have a couple of questions:

1.) At the place you make a stuffed bear head, is there an alternative thing to do? (and why don't you get the whole bear?)

2.) We're on the Adults Only trip in September....do they change up the itinerary any for this particular group?

3.) At the Christmas Shops, can we have our purchases shipped back to the USA? I'm not sure I want to bring an extra suitcase for all I'm hoping to purchase! :scared1:

4.) How much walking/hiking do we actually do? Do we need to bring hiking boots, or are just plain walking/running shoes ok? I'm going to try and pack light.

5.) Was anyone there for Oktoberfest? Anything special?

6.) Anything special we need to know? -like packing a particular unique thing?

Thanks. :love:

If by Christmas Shops you mean the Christmas Markets they will not be open yet in September, they don't open until sometime in November

Stieff bear: What was said is true, but note: Stieff doesn't ship things home. Our group had a family order 10 bears and then had to find a way of getting them home (i think the hotel shipped them for them)

adults only trip is identicle to family trip.

At christmas shops (or any other), many offer shipping. That's a good choice because then it is insured against breakage.

Walking/hiking is not bad. Stair climbing is tough. Lots and lots of stairs. Also there are many steep hills.

Oktoberfest is very crowded. Watch your purse/wallet! Fun to walk arouns, and to see everyone dressed for the event. Tough or impossible to get into a beer hall without having any kind of pre-arraingements where friends can get a table.

Pack only comfortable shoes. Also, no "dress clothes" are required anywhere!

Note: In munich, you are resonably far from "convience type" stores. A diet coke costs more than the nation debt at the hotel. So, if you are into having a couple snacks and soda, in your room, plan ahead......

Hello Steve! Those were great pictures! I hope all is well with you! Rita and I were glad you were with us in Gremany.......

Hello Steve! Those were great pictures! I hope all is well with you! Rita and I were glad you were with us in Gremany.......

Hello Jim:goodvibes Thanks ! Things are great with me. Thank you to for the company also:cloud9: I hope all with well with you to. Say hi to Rita for me:)

I have not been on this tour, but I have vacationed at several of these spots. My family's favorite is Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Our favorite hotel is the Eisenhut..the same as the tour. You are next door Käthe Wohlfahrt's Christmas Shop. They are very experienced and will remove a portion of the tax when you ship to the US. Make sure you look for "tax-free" for all of your shopping and the minimum purchase will vary.

We also LOVE the Night Watchman's Tour. This is also part of your itinerary. There is so much to do in this old town!

I hope you have a magical trip!

We did the Christmas trip--so very different weather (and changes in the tour). But I would highly recommend doing a pre-day in Heidelberg (take the time to walk the Philosopher's Way, climb the church tower for the view, tram up to the park above the castle etc)--and a one or two day post-tour in Munich (taking in the Deutsches Museum, maybe training for a day to Salzburg--we did that and it was very easy/efficient). Beautiful country, very clean and wonderful food!

Do you think this aventure would be good for 13 girl and 11 boy?

And what about the length of motor coach ride. On the ABD south africa adventure, we rode one whole day on coach on the garden route. It was beautiful, but LONG!

We were deciding btw Ireland and Germany.

I think you'd be fine with a 13 yr old and 11 yr old--at the time of the trip ours were 9 and 16, and there were many kids in the 10 to 15 yr old range. All had a great time--and the bus trips were fine (longest was 4 hours, I think--broken up with stops, movies, lots of things going on for the kids at the back of the bus). Nice scenery too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter