Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I watched a little bit of a livestream for the Star Wars trading post. Some stuff I saw:

- 30% off applies there on Monday-Thursday; not eligible on lightsaber or hilts
-I saw a character helmet (sorry not good with Star Wars names) for $669 😳
-Ashoka Tano lightsaber is there and tons of other ones
-Droid depot merchandise: backpacks, premade droids, personality chips
- They have the floating cradle Grogu rides in but it’s only for show.
-they have the metal gift cards for $100

Nvm just saw on ig harbor is 90 minutes, Simba is 2 hours.
SOOOO glad we went to DCA @ 4pm on friday instead..just walked thru on Harbor & into DCA. spent 2 hrs there eating & shopping then proceeded to ck out DTD, busy area..noticed lines for WOD weren't bad (maybe 8 groups ahead).
sounds like most everyone decided to come out sat-mon given the long wknd.

Anyone there today? Curious to know what the crowds are like. Planning on going at around 3, but have no interest in waiting an hour+ to get in.
SO we were there all weekend. Fri and Sat, walked in Harbor side, no issues at 10am, lines when we left at 2 were an hour on Harbor and 2 on Simba side. Sunday we entered at 10, we encountered a line at Harbor, took maybe 10 mins to get in. headed to the Star Wars store, waited 40 mins, got in and out, then hit Tortilla Jo's, a little bit of BVS and headed out at 4 or so. Lines waiting to get in appeared to be as long as day before.

Then came "Holy Heck" Monday. Got in line at 9:50 to enter. Took about 35 mins. 5 switchbacks and then into the bus tram area to Disney Way and back to the drop off area. But made it in, waited 35 for WOD and then shopped for 30-45 mins. About 1130 we thought we'd head to BVS, but line was around and thru ticket booths, so we grabbed Wetzels and headed out at 1145. They were at capacity and holding a HUMONGOUS line. Easily 90 mins on Harbor side. And it wasn't moving. We packed up and left and drove by Disneyland Dr side, and could not believe the number of people waiting to get in. Literally sitting in the parking lot waiting to move.

I watched a little bit of a livestream for the Star Wars trading post. Some stuff I saw:

- 30% off applies there on Monday-Thursday; not eligible on lightsaber or hilts
-I saw a character helmet (sorry not good with Star Wars names) for $669 😳
-Ashoka Tano lightsaber is there and tons of other ones
-Droid depot merchandise: backpacks, premade droids, personality chips
- They have the floating cradle Grogu rides in but it’s only for show.
-they have the metal gift cards for $100
Hmmmmm, interesting about the Droid Depot Merck. I wonder if I brought my broken droid if they would be able to assist me with getting a replacement part for him.

Went to DTD for the shopping reservation at Star Wars Trading post. My reservation was at 6pm. They allowed me to check in at 5:45. I was inside the shop by 6:05. I knew I wasn't going to buy much, I found a cute baby yoda shirt :) People were stocking up on tons of stuff! If you want to look at lightsabers, you have to take a ticket. I'm kind of glad i did the shopping event as I know the regular line when it opens will be a long wait.

Also, the check in system is a little different. You check in at the ESPN zone. Walk through there. That is where you buy the metal gift card. When you leave that building they have you stand in line alongside the trading post building.

DH and I are headed to Anaheim for a quick trip this weekend (Sat-Mon). Would it make sense for us to wait until Monday to make all of our purchases using the Legacy 30%? Are most items included?

DH and I are headed to Anaheim for a quick trip this weekend (Sat-Mon). Would it make sense for us to wait until Monday to make all of our purchases using the Legacy 30%? Are most items included?
I have yet to come across an item that isn’t included. I know the lightsabers are excluded.

In other news, today was the perfect crowd level. No line at harbor, maximum 10 minute lines everywhere.

Also 2 dresses for my daughter for 45 bucks with the discount. Can’t beat that.

I have yet to come across an item that isn’t included. I know the lightsabers are excluded.

In other news, today was the perfect crowd level. No line at harbor, maximum 10 minute lines everywhere.

Also 2 dresses for my daughter for 45 bucks with the discount. Can’t beat that.
Thank you! That's an incredible deal!

Star Wars trading post info. I saw someone post on mice chat Facebook group that the virtual queue was like 2.5-4 hours...14D1893C-3804-44F2-A115-D2F6ABF0DA56.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter