GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

I am another bride who can relate to the pee story. I think that I was concentrating so much on not wanting to pee, that it made me have to pee. And our church had another one staller in the brides room, so it was also an adventure with 3 of my bridesmaids trying to help me out.

I think every bride who has a "big" dress can relate.... At least I got it out before the wedding. I was good to go for the ceremony and all four hours of the reception!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have a funny "pee" story too.........only I wasn't the bride, I was the Maid of Honor!!

The Bride (Amy) had to go...and I mean GO.......and the only thing around was the MEN'S bathroom (thank goodness it was bigger than just a 1 staller!!). But anyway, the bathroom was RIGHT by the sanctuary...so we had to have someone stand guard and tell the men that they couldn't enter at this time!! :rotfl:

She had me and another BM hold up her dress...well, she ended up getting lipstick on the skirt!! Ugh! But it wasn't that noticeable afterall.

We took this as we were exiting...........

wedding37.jpg

When Amy had to go, she HAD to go!!! :rotfl:

all these pee stories are so funny! who would ahve thought we all had one! haha. sorry i didn't get an installment up today..kinda had a family crisis...but its kinda ok now! haha i will work on it tomorrow!:surfweb:

Walking down the aisle was weird. I wanted to see everything and everyone but there wasn’t time. I glanced around, tried to smile, and tried to look at Bobby some. My dad then leans over as we are halfway down and says “just picture everyone naked!” and I laughed. As we got to the end of the aisle my emotions got the better of me and I started to tear up. It was happy tears, but still. I didn’t want to cry! Bobby’s brothers ask who gives this woman, and my dad said “her mother and I do” he gave me a kiss, and then joined bobby and my hands together. Bobby’s brother prayed, and the music started. They were singing “household of faith” while we got up on the stage, got my train all fixed etc. etc.
His brothers did a little talking, and I honestly do not remember what they said. My eye started acting up a few times and I wiped it with my hanky, and everyone thought I was crying, which I wasn’t! haha. We did the rings and the vows, (I couldn’t get bobby’s ring on his finger, it got stuck!) and then as they sand “when God made you” we signed the marriage license, and took a rose down the steps to each of our mothers. Oh, we also lit the unity candle all during this song. We got back up on the stage as it was ending. I LOVE that song so much! They talked a little more, and then before I knew it they pronounced us, and we kissed (which now I can’t even remember doing!) everyone stood up and clapped and we walked up the aisle and out of the church, and straight into the limo. My eye was hurting so bad. I felt like such a party pooper bobby was all happy saying “we are married” and trying to be sweet, and I was trying not to cry b/c I was in so much pain! The whole limo ride to the reception I felt so bad, it was supposed to be all happy and exciting, but it was pretty miserable! I figured out that my eye hurt worse when I wasn’t doing anything (like sitting in the limo) b/c all I was thinking about was the pain. But when I was busy, I didn’t thin about it and it didn’t hurt as bad. So I was hoping the reception would be so busy that I wouldn’t think about it! I tried to smile and be happy. We were married! And soon we would be pulling into southern oaks plantation (www.southernoaksplantation.com) which I was REALLY excited about.

Coming up….a HUGE surprise for us, from the owners of the plantation! How magical!

***sorry I didn't have any pics for this part, but you can put my professional pic link in another window and follow along with the story! lol. :cutie:

Walking down the aisle was weird. I wanted to see everything and everyone but there wasn’t time. I glanced around, tried to smile, and tried to look at Bobby some. My dad then leans over as we are halfway down and says “just picture everyone naked!” and I laughed. As we got to the end of the aisle my emotions got the better of me and I started to tear up. It was happy tears, but still. I didn’t want to cry! Bobby’s brothers ask who gives this woman, and my dad said “her mother and I do” he gave me a kiss, and then joined bobby and my hands together. Bobby’s brother prayed, and the music started. They were singing “household of faith” while we got up on the stage, got my train all fixed etc. etc.
His brothers did a little talking, and I honestly do not remember what they said. My eye started acting up a few times and I wiped it with my hanky, and everyone thought I was crying, which I wasn’t! haha. We did the rings and the vows, (I couldn’t get bobby’s ring on his finger, it got stuck!) and then as they sand “when God made you” we signed the marriage license, and took a rose down the steps to each of our mothers. Oh, we also lit the unity candle all during this song. We got back up on the stage as it was ending. I LOVE that song so much! They talked a little more, and then before I knew it they pronounced us, and we kissed (which now I can’t even remember doing!) everyone stood up and clapped and we walked up the aisle and out of the church, and straight into the limo. My eye was hurting so bad. I felt like such a party pooper bobby was all happy saying “we are married” and trying to be sweet, and I was trying not to cry b/c I was in so much pain! The whole limo ride to the reception I felt so bad, it was supposed to be all happy and exciting, but it was pretty miserable! I figured out that my eye hurt worse when I wasn’t doing anything (like sitting in the limo) b/c all I was thinking about was the pain. But when I was busy, I didn’t thin about it and it didn’t hurt as bad. So I was hoping the reception would be so busy that I wouldn’t think about it! I tried to smile and be happy. We were married! And soon we would be pulling into southern oaks plantation (www.southernoaksplantation.com) which I was REALLY excited about.

Coming up….a HUGE surprise for us, from the owners of the plantation! How magical!

***sorry I didn't have any pics for this part, but you can put my professional pic link in another window and follow along with the story! lol. :cutie:

Goodness im so sorry about your eye not easing up. That would totally suck. I love how your dad said to picture yourself naked-- thats hillarious!! What a good dad!

The reception place is beautiful (and looks expensive!!)-- i saw on the reception photos on the website that someone had a castle/mickey cake. Was that you?

And the umbrellas-- is that a NOLA thing?

Goodness im so sorry about your eye not easing up. That would totally suck. I love how your dad said to picture yourself naked-- thats hillarious!! What a good dad!

The reception place is beautiful (and looks expensive!!)-- i saw on the reception photos on the website that someone had a castle/mickey cake. Was that you?

And the umbrellas-- is that a NOLA thing?

hey maggie! yeah my dad is silly. southern oaks is AWESOME! actually its very interesting, the couple that owns it is OBSESSED with disney, and they got a lot of their inspiration from the GF for their place. they said the hospitality at disney is what they wanted to give to their brides/guests etc. and they go to conventions and stuff all the time! the castle cake was for his daughter. she married a guy who works (used to work) at disney, so it fit them perfect!

the umbrellas..is called "second line" they play new orleans mardi gras type music and everyone dances in a line with the couple leading with umbrellas, and everyone follows with hankerchiefs, its just a fun tradition! we had a lot of non-New Orleans ppl at the wedding and they had no clue what second line was, but loved it and did it anyway!:laughing:

I think the umbrellas are a great touch and look totally 'french quarter' in photographes!

As we turned onto the street where southern oaks is located, I started to get really excited. I saw the sign in the distance, and the lights. As we turned in, I was in awe. The plantation looked beautiful at night! As we got close, I realized all the wait staff were standing outside in two lines in front of the door. “aw that’s sweet, they are going to clap as we go in in between them” there is a circle driveway, so I figured we would pull up in front and get out. But when we got to where you either turn to the front or go straight back behind the plantation to the parking, the drive went straight. I was REALLY confused. We were going to have to WALK all the way to the front? How rude! But it tried not to let it bug me. When we stopped a girl ran up to the limo and asked us to stay put. She whips out a walkie talkie and says “the happy bride and groom are with me in the back waiting in the limo” I was really confused…ookk…so we just...sit here? She said to wait a couple more minutes. People had begun to arrive and park and walk up towards the front (which we couldn’t see) but the windows were blacked out so they had no idea we were in there. It was kinda funny watching everyone. We must have waited 10 minutes, and I was getting antsy. I knew our 3 hour time slot started from the minute we arrived. Plus since we were sitting doing nothing, I was thinking about my eye, and it was hurting.
FINALLY the girl, sheri was her name, opened up the door and said. “ok, you can come out now. Congratulations you guys! This is a present for you form Mr. Bobby and Mrs. Sue (owners and operators of plantation) I stepped out and looked behind me to the right. That’s when I saw it, and it all made sense. I yelled “are you KIDDING me! For US?!?!”

…..stay tuned!:rolleyes1

I know what the surprise is :goodvibes from looking at your pics! That's so awesome of the owners to do that for you! Hopefully, that distracted you from your eye a bit. I still cannot believe that happened on your wedding day :sad2: How aggrivating!

OMG heather..all of this is so amazing and magical
except for your eye issue and your dh stomach
problems. I have been reading it all for the past
two hours and I am enjoying it so much. You guys
make the perfect couple!:bride: :groom: :love: Can't wait
to hear the rest!:goodvibes

I am loving this report!!! I can't believe I missed it from the beginning, but I'm getting caught up now! I hate to hear about your eye...I hope it got better as the night went on! That's amazing that the owners are Disney obsessed...it's nice to know we're not the only ones out there that are a little crazy about that place! Can't wait to read more!!!! :)

I guess what really struck me is how dressed up everyone is for the rehearsal dinner. Is it always that way in the South or did you specify? My rehearsal dinner, and every rehearsal dinner I have ever been to, have been the most casual get-togethers-no dressing up!!

JJCLemson- ssshh don't tell! lol. yeah how random that i would injure myself on THAT DAY!

sharonW-welcome and thanks for joinging us! lol. glad you like it so far!

beckyb29-welcome to you too! yes they are obsessed! and there are things throughout the plantation that I KNOW they got the idea from disney. for excample, all their trash cans are the pretty white wooden ones like at teh GF. lol. :rotfl:

DisTeach1-haha yeah all the ones in New Orleans are pretty formal. mine was actually one of the more informal ones I have been too! we are crazy folks who have weddings like huge weekend long parties. did you check out my professional pics? they show it better!

Subscribing...I don't have much time right now but definitely want to read more of this great TR later. I'm loving it so far! You are a beautiful bride! Wonderful pictures!! :wizard:

JJBean-welcome! looks like i have gotten a few newcomers in the last couple days!

I am about to get ready for class, so the next installment will be up late tonight or tomorrow. i can't WAIT till march 8th i will be done with class forever!:cheer2:

I guess what really struck me is how dressed up everyone is for the rehearsal dinner. Is it always that way in the South or did you specify? My rehearsal dinner, and every rehearsal dinner I have ever been to, have been the most casual get-togethers-no dressing up!!

I grew up in PA and also lived in MD for 4 years and our rehearsal dinners have always been dressy affairs.

Heather- soooooooo cool what the owners did for you and Bobby!!!! I saw in the pics too, so I won't tell, but what a surprise!!!! Congrats :cheer2:

I grew up in PA and also lived in MD for 4 years and our rehearsal dinners have always been dressy affairs.

Heather- soooooooo cool what the owners did for you and Bobby!!!! I saw in the pics too, so I won't tell, but what a surprise!!!! Congrats :cheer2:

SRUAlmn-I guess it just depends on which part of the country you are from and how you are raised. my sis was in a wedding in florida (NOT by any means saying ppl from florida don't have nice rehersal dinners) and the rehersal dinner was at the golden corral. and my poor sister shows up in a nice dress and everyone else is in jeans and she was embarrassed and confused! :confused:

Well, some of you probably know what we were looking at. It was a horse drawn carriage! And to top it off, there was a jazz band there, too! They helped us get into the carriage, and the jazz band got out in front of the carriage and walked, playing new Orleans mardi gras type music the whole way.

HeathersweddingJan-12.jpg

We went all the way around the front and made a big loop and then the carriage stopped right in front of the plantation. Everyone was standing on both sides of the road and clapping and taking pictures. As the carriage stopped, another surprise started. FIREWORKS! And I’m not talking little dinky ones. These were HUGE fireworks! So we sat in our carriage, listening to the jazz band, and watching the fireworks. It was an amazing moment.

HeathersweddingJan-13.jpg

n61700476_30307072_5956.jpg

HeathersweddingJan-14.jpg

The photographer got some great pics of it if you haven’t seen them get, check ‘em out! Apparently, Mr. bobby went and bought these fireworks himself during the new years fireworks frenzy. And it was a lot of fireworks too, it lasted at least 5 minutes. I learned later that they had to close down the boulevard and had cops blocking traffic b/c they went off right over the road. I was SO surprised! We got out of the carriage and I gave mr. bobby a huge hug. Then , we walked into the plantation with all the servers lined up down the porch, clapping as we went by. And it was all FREE! I can PROMISE you they do NOT just do that for everyone. They charge a lot of money to have all that stuff done, and he told me they weren’t even really allowed to do the fireworks anymore after the hurricane, but he got special permission. We walked into the first room on the right where we would take pictures. It was roped off for just us and the bridal party and our families. They had a picture room, and then a room off to the side with wine and champagne, all kinds of seafood and other food, and a chocolate fountain. As soon as we walked in, a sweet guy and the girl who had been in the back with us by the limo walked up to us with champagne for us, and said they were our personal servers for the night, and if we needed anything to let them know. How cool is that?!? So now it was time to smile and take pictures….

Wow Heather! That is so cool! Your wedding sounds like it was so amazing :goodvibes You got personal servers too?? So cool!

So cool! Did you feel like you were famous? I would have totally been excited and thought I was the most special bride in the world!

That's so awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter