Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a meet in August? Oh my! My official moving day is 1 September, but I can be up there sooner, what's the date of the meet?

I believe this will be the 4th year of the MouseMeet? I'm not for sure, but they have had some GREAT guests! This year we get to meet Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter, & Paige O'Hara!! I'm thrilled! I was actually supposed to be in Disneyland that weekend since Friday is my 40th Birthday, but was told I shouldn't miss meeting these people!

My daughter is beyond excited to meet Paige O'Hara as she is in musicals, choir, & band.

They do have little mini meet ups once in a while throughout the year in Lynnwood that we go to. :)

We live in Las Vegas now, but I grew up in SoCal, and when the kids were little we all had annual passes. We even had some when we first moved to NV, but now?? Yikes. No way could we afford 6 annual passes. We all went as a family this past May and it was great, but with the high prices now, that was probably our last time for awhile.

That's really nice you were able to dine at Club 33. Isn't it awesome? I've been once, and it was definitely something a magical memory!

There are several ladies who are from WA. I can think of at least 6 off the top of my head. There's probably more! :thumbsup2

This will probably be the last annual pass I get. I was lucky in that I had already paid for a trip in April with my daughter's band, where they got to perform at Disneyland, & I was able to upgrade my 3 day park hopper...so I didn't end up paying full price (& it was before the $150 increase!)

Club 33 was a really great experience! The memorabilia in there is fantastic!

Good morning, ladies! :sunny:
I leave on vacation in one week from today! I am getting nervous about the train ride. Almost 39 hours in a coach seat... What was I thinking?? :eek: :confused3 :rotfl2:

Have a great day everyone! The weekend is right around the corner. :yay:

My name is Cristabel, I'm 24. I've been coming to this shindig since the first year, where I was the baby of the group at 18.

Hi Cristabel! I'd forgotten how young you were that first year! And look at you now. Wow. :goodvibes
Good luck on the job hunt closer to home. 120 miles a day is some commute! Yikes!

I updated the front page list. Jill, Elise, and Cat (is that your real name? Just making sure... :) ) I added you three. Is there anyone else who I don't have yet?
So far, the list is up to 64!!!! That's amazing. And, I know for a fact there are a couple Divas I haven't heard from yet, so that number will definitely continue to grow! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: So exciting!

2013 Trip Attendees (if your name isn't on the list, and you are attending, just let me know and I will add you)

AmySue/grumpyvet Thurs.-Sun.
Andrea/DisneyStitch626 Wed.-Sun.
Angie/BC Disney Lover Wed.-Sun.
Becci/cccdisney Thurs.-Sun.
Bernice/funnygarcia Wed.-Sun.
Beth/MommaU4 Wed.-Sun.
Beverly/Cynthia's sister Wed.-Sun.
Brianne/lulubellesDD Thurs.-Sun.
Bridget/sierranevada Wed.-Sun.
Capri/disney-super-mom Wed.-Sun.
Cat/cittycat
Cheryl/toocherie Wed.-Sun.
Chris/Califgirl Wed.-Sun.
Courtney/prettyprincessbelle Fri.-Sun.
Cristabel/disney-inspired Thurs.-Sun.
Cynthia/starshipdelphi Wed.-Sun.
Deb/jordansmomma Wed.-Sun.
Donna/Tina's mom
Elise/1sweetcupcake
Felicia/Courtney's mom Fri.-Sun.
Grace/Andrea's sister-in-law Wed.-Sun.
Heather/CamoMama Wed.-Sun.
Jamay/Kandace's friend Wed.-Sun
Jen/grizbuzz Fri.-Sun.
Jessica/Belle Ella Wed.-Sun. (local)
Jessica/Linda's daughter
Jill/4fosterkids Wed.-Sun.
Kandace/kandyk Wed.-Sun.
Katelyn/Patty's daughter Wed.-Mon.
Katie/MamaKate Wed.-Sun.
Kelly/kelmac284 Thurs.-Sun.
Kerri/pixiewings71 Thurs.-Sun.
Kim/Pam's daughter Thurs.-Sun.
Laurie/DizNee Luver
Linda/Grumpy Grandma Wed.-Sun.
Linda/lulubelle Wed.-Sun.
Lisa/LisaCat Wed.-Sun.
Lisa/LisaDog Thurs.-Sun.
Marie/yourMaire83 Wed.-Sat.
Mary Jo/Mary Jo Thurs.-Sun.
Megan/staley7580 Wed.-Sun.
Melissa/Vanessa's friend
Melody/tinkermell Wed.-Sun.
Michele/pixidustmom Wed.-Sun.
Michelle/Alex2kMommy Wed.-Sun.
Michelle/Zoemakes5
Monica/groovygirl927 Thurs.-Sun.
Nicole/Becci and Cynthia's friend Wed.-Sun.
Pam/nwdisgal Thurs.-Sun.
Pam/Tracey's Aunt
Patty/katieandmattsmom Wed.-Mon.
Rosemarie/Kelly's mom Thurs.-Sun.
Rose/rtfelt Wed.-Fri.
Stacie/Stacerita
Stacie/Stacielee Wed.-Sun.
Steph/21yankees Wed.-Mon.
Tammy/TTLee Wed.-Sun.
Theresa/Queenbillabong Wed.-Sun.
Tina/BillyFan
Tracey/QueenDoOver
Trudi/VintageDisneyRules Thurs.-Sun.
Vanessa/Disney_Princess09 Wed.-Sun.
Vicki/CoMickey Wed.-Sun.
Wendy/wendypooh22 Wed.-Sun.

Divas who we'll miss this time:
Callie/Dangermouse
Paula/smile4stamps
Jen/MrsPinup
Carol/karylrocks
SarahMay/sahbushka
Cathy/goofycathy
Jodi/Jodi_Luvs_Disney
Jill/GeorgiaJill
Janelle/MommyWithDreams

cittycat said:
Hi Tracey! You are really close!! I am actually in Clearview (Snohomish). I noticed someone who might be moving to Bothell...I work in Bothell/Woodinville area!

By any chance will you be attending the PNW Mouse Meet in August? If so, I would love to meet you!

I wish I was. Every year I seem to be out of town. This year is no different! I'll be in disneyworld this year though:)

Good morning, ladies! :sunny:
I leave on vacation in one week from today! I am getting nervous about the train ride. Almost 39 hours in a coach seat... What was I thinking?? :eek: :confused3 :rotfl2:

You'll do fine! It does go by quite quickly, but near the end I was definitely ready to get off, and mine was a total of about 15 hours on 2 trains.

Today is the day! I'm leaving for Aussie land tonight!! I can't believe it, I'm not packed yet, but at least the house is prepared for the girls. I should have internet, so I'm hoping to upload pictures to my Facebook during the trip. See you all from down under!!! :cool2:

I am not sure how to pull a quote from a post without pulling the entire post?

My actual name is Catrina...I usually go by Cat, but either is fine :)

Is there a way to get updated posts as an email or googlereader? Also, you asked for a photo, but it looks like I don't have "security clearance" to post an attachment yet? I have no idea how to work Disboards yet, so as I figure it out I will get one posted ;)

Thanks! :)

Thanks, Kerri. None of these appts are fun, but they are necessary. Don't wait on yours! ;)

I don't plan on waiting, I just need to make sure I can get the time off work, we are down to 4 people so things are crazy busy in here. :) Yes, it's an excuse but I'll make the appt. :)

Great! Thank you!

About me...I'm a single mom of a 17 year old daughter who used to love going to Disneyland as much as me....hoping that will return some day! She still enjoys learning about Disney & such, but the park is more fun with friends, not her mom :( ...no idea why?! :) I've always enjoyed the park most with her.

We started going to the park when she was 8, we both had annual passes for several years, but as the price has skyrocketed there was no sense for us to have them when living in Seattle.

We attended the 50th anniversary of Disneyland & have the "I was there" pin. I made a birthday wish on my 32nd birthday to be able to dine at Club 33. My wish came true when I met someone at DL for the kickoff of the 50th Anniversary & we dined there for my 33rd birthday!

My hope is to find people that enjoy going to the park as much as I do.

I will look at hotels & decide what I would like to do for the trip. I may end up staying with my friend or bring my daughter & a friend they can do their thing....whatever that may be!

Does anyone live in the Seattle area? If so, I would love to meet people in person some day!

Thank you for the welcome! I'll see about finding a picture to post! :)
~Cat

I'm so glad my DD16 still likes going to DL with me. :) We just took a trip earlier this month for her 16th birthday, just the 2 of us. It was one of the best trips we've done! :) I was lucky enough to be gifted with a reservation to Club 33 as well, most amazing thing ever. We went on DD's birthday, she cried. :)

I just wanted to say that I LOVE seeing my name on that list and really look forward to seeing you all again.

I love seeing my name on there too, and I'm looking forward to meeting so many people!! :)

It's Thursday! YAY!!!! TGIT. LOL That means tomorrow is Friday and I can sleep in on Saturday, altho if I don't get some house cleaning done tonight after work I can't sleep in on Saturday because I'll need to clean house Saturday morning. lol I need to figure out our menu for Saturday, but to do that I need to know who is coming....haha I don't have a final head count yet so I have no clue who will be there besides us 4 and Micah's family so 11 total. I'm thinking tri tip and maybe chicken, I'll probably do some hot dogs for the kids too, I need to get buns......maybe I'll make a pasta salad.......

I love seeing my name on there too, and I'm looking forward to meeting so many people!!

Ditto here. I'm so excited!

Originally Posted by cittycat
Great! Thank you!

About me...I'm a single mom of a 17 year old daughter who used to love going to Disneyland as much as me....hoping that will return some day! She still enjoys learning about Disney & such, but the park is more fun with friends, not her mom ...no idea why?! I've always enjoyed the park most with her.

We started going to the park when she was 8, we both had annual passes for several years, but as the price has skyrocketed there was no sense for us to have them when living in Seattle.

We attended the 50th anniversary of Disneyland & have the "I was there" pin. I made a birthday wish on my 32nd birthday to be able to dine at Club 33. My wish came true when I met someone at DL for the kickoff of the 50th Anniversary & we dined there for my 33rd birthday!

My hope is to find people that enjoy going to the park as much as I do.

I will look at hotels & decide what I would like to do for the trip. I may end up staying with my friend or bring my daughter & a friend they can do their thing....whatever that may be!

Does anyone live in the Seattle area? If so, I would love to meet people in person some day!

Thank you for the welcome! I'll see about finding a picture to post!
~Cat

Welcome Cat. I have a DD17 too (and a DS 22, DD20, DS15, DD12, and DS11). Fortunately my children love Disney too. My DD20 is crazy about it and still goes with me. We have the best time together. In fact she so wanted to go on this trip, but unfortunately it's right in the middle of a semester, and she goes to school out of state (CA). I'm looking forward to finding friends to go with who like it as much as I do. I'm local and most of my friends don't understand my obsession and/or don't have/have anymore (because of the price increases) passes.

To post a part of a quote, just highlight the section you want, left click, copy, to to your post, click on the little "speech square" left of the "#" sign in the tools and past the section between the two "
" signs.

The security issue is probably just because you're new. Post a bunch of things, so they can see you're not a creeper, then that will probably go away.

I thought I would drop in and say hello :wave2:. I am really good at keeping up on the thread but horrible about posting.

Welcome to all you new Divas. Last year was my first year I had a wonderful time and got to meet some amazing ladies. I'm already counting down the days until the next trip.

I'll try to not to be a stranger on here. I hope everyone have a great weekend!

I felt a little silly posting how happy it makes me feel to see my name on the list but now that others have said the same thing I'll stop being shy and just say: I'm really really excited about this trip!!! Now back to my shell.

Beth, I don't see my name on the list. Thurs-Sunday, same as my mom.
Oops! Sorry, Sarah. I knew you were going, not sure how I missed you. Thanks for pointing that out. I will add you now. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say that I LOVE seeing my name on that list and really look forward to seeing you all again.
Aw, we are excited you'll be back joining us again, Tracey. :yay:

Today is the day! I'm leaving for Aussie land tonight!! I can't believe it, I'm not packed yet, but at least the house is prepared for the girls. I should have internet, so I'm hoping to upload pictures to my Facebook during the trip. See you all from down under!!! :cool2:
Have fun, Stacie!! I can't wait to see your pics. Too bad you can't take video. I loves me some Australian accents.... ;)

My actual name is Catrina...I usually go by Cat, but either is fine :)

Also, you asked for a photo, but it looks like I don't have "security clearance" to post an attachment yet?
Oh, Catrina is pretty. I like Cat, too. There was a gal who went on the ladies only Disneyworld trip who went by Kat, with a K.

You have to have 10 posts (I think that's the number) before you can post photos, so keep posting! :thumbsup2

I have no clue who will be there besides us 4 and Micah's family so 11 total. I'm thinking tri tip and maybe chicken, I'll probably do some hot dogs for the kids too, I need to get buns......maybe I'll make a pasta salad.......
You're making me hungry, girl! lol

Ditto here. I'm so excited!
We're happy to have you join us, Rose! :)

I thought I would drop in and say hello :wave2:.
Hi Kandace. :wave:

I felt a little silly posting how happy it makes me feel to see my name on the list but now that others have said the same thing I'll stop being shy and just say: I'm really really excited about this trip!!! Now back to my shell.
LOL You're so funny. Don't be shy! Stay out of that shell! We are happy to have so many wonderful new ladies joining us this year. It is exciting and being there with a big group of Disney lovin' ladies is so different than being there with your family, in a good way, that I promise you will all have a great time. pixiedust:

Hey Lisa, did you watch the Next Foodnetwork Star Sunday? Did you like who won? I did. Although I had a soft spot for Martie. I love southern cooking, no matter how much it is shown. I even have a subscription to Southern Living. Anywhos, Justin will bring a different edge to cooking. I hope just not too much, or I might be too scared to try it. :rolleyes1

Haven't seen it yet. Nothing recorded while I was gone last week. I have the replay of it set to record Saturday. Sounds like the person I was pulling for didn't win..... :sad1:

Welcome to Cat!

Nothing fun going on here, just the usual stuff. Going to the Bay Area tomorrow afternoon and coming home late Saturday night. Then I'm off to DL on Tuesday (first flight out of here at 6:10AM) and home Wednesday evening. Then, hopefully, I will be home for a while. I know we'll be back in the Bay Area in mid August for a family thing, but other than that, I don't think I have anything on the calendar until the Diva mini meet in October! <phew> Maybe I'll actually get this pigsty of a house cleaned up. LOL

Welcome Cat. I have a DD17 too (and a DS 22, DD20, DS15, DD12, and DS11). Fortunately my children love Disney too. My DD20 is crazy about it and still goes with me. We have the best time together. In fact she so wanted to go on this trip, but unfortunately it's right in the middle of a semester, and she goes to school out of state (CA). I'm looking forward to finding friends to go with who like it as much as I do. I'm local and most of my friends don't understand my obsession and/or don't have/have anymore (because of the price increases) passes.

The security issue is probably just because you're new. Post a bunch of things, so they can see you're not a creeper, then that will probably go away.

Ok, can you please tell me what the DD17 DS22 (& DH) stand for? I have a guess that's it's the son, daughter, husband & the age, but what does the first D stand for?

I'm a TOTAL creeper! haha :) Actually I don't usually post a lot on things due to time, so it's ironic I HAVE to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter