• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Howard Johnsons just came out with retro rates for the dates of our trip. If you have an annual pass or entertainment card, you are eligible for a rate as low as $59.00 per night. I just cancelled my Red Lion reservation and booked at the Hojo for a savings of over $70.00. Plus, the Hojo is closer to Disneyland than the Red Lion.

FYI - in case anyone is interested in saving some $$$ on their hotel too.

Happy Monday (it's almost over!)

Melissa

That's so cool, Sarah! Thanks for sharing those pics. I bet the Dream Suite was amazing. :goodvibes

It was awesome!

Here's a few more pictures.

After I finished, holding the sign my Mom cheered me on with along the course.
232323232%7Ffp43589%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B63%3A99%3B6326nu0mrj

On Space Mountain
232323232%7Ffp43585%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B63%3B5463326nu0mrj

Hi everyone! I can't believe we are closing in on just three weeks till the trip! I got my little crafty project for my scavvy team almost done this weekend. And the "packing pile" is starting to get big enough that I may need to bring the bag out soon! YAY!

Cute pix, Sarah! And I love the Disney Dooney siggy.....

Yes, they have all that stuff (in the 1 & 2-bedrooms). I don't recall the number of towels, but you can always call housekeeping and they will bring you more towels, pillows, blankets...etc. I always call for extra pillows since I need at least 3 pillows when I sleep :cloud9:.
Thanks!
On Space Mountain
232323232%7Ffp43585%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B63%3B5463326nu0mrj
Is that your boyfriend next to you? That is so cool about your Jeff Galloway morning :cloud9:

I found out today that Deaf Day is not being promoted and is not offically at Disneyland this year :( I am trying to scramble to switch weekends and go the following weekend - March 16th for Deaf Entertainers weekend (The cast of Switched at Birth, Hammer, and various Deaf rock stars and comedians will be at DTD to perform and do meet n greets). I may have worked a deal with the Quality Inn to keep my rates the same. Desert Inn was unable to accomodate us for that next weekend. As long as my students parents give the a-ok, we will be switching weekends and hopefully getting to see and maybe meet some of my Deaf hero's!

Aw, love your costume from the Tinkerbell Half Sarah! I probably would have died in it, lol. By the end I was too hot in my shorts and tank top, lol.

I spent way too much time in the Parks yesterday and I am paying for it right now. I am really not looking forward to driving 6+ hours tomorrow to get home. It is so tempting to try staying one more night here with the retro rate. But I've already spent a lot more than I planned to.

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here a lot for the same reason I can't make it on the trip this year... I moved back to Florida and went back to school. My job back in Utah was driving me crazy and I had been really homesick for a while. Anyways, I wanted to say "Congratulations!" to all who ran in the marathon. :goodvibes I'll be lurking on here to live vicariously through those of you that go on the Diva trip.popcorn::

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here a lot for the same reason I can't make it on the trip this year... I moved back to Florida and went back to school. My job back in Utah was driving me crazy and I had been really homesick for a while. Anyways, I wanted to say "Congratulations!" to all who ran in the marathon. :goodvibes I'll be lurking on here to live vicariously through those of you that go on the Diva trip.popcorn::

:wave2: Hi Marie! We will miss you this year! Have you at least been hitting up WDW a lot?

Well I tried to post earlier. Took so long, that I gave up. :headache:

I picked up the tees today. I love them!:goodvibes

Sarah and Jessica, Kudos to you!:cheer2:

Sarah, so jealous of you. :snooty: Did they mention who stays in the suite now? I was reading over on Mousechat, that John Lasseter practically lives at DL now, with the whole Carsland deal going on. Wonder if he gets to stay there?

Hi Marie! Nice to see you lurking?:goodvibes

Congrats to all the marathoners!! I had really hoped to do the 5K with the girls one of these years but my knee is getting SO bad that I can barely walk much less run. :( I admire all of you that did it!!

I have a question I was wondering if someone who is going on the CoD trip could pick up my nametag and itinerary at the M&G? We won't arrive at the parks till Fri mid to late morning so I don't know any other way I can get it.

I would REALLY appreciate it. :)

I can't believe it is getting this close as well. And I have DOUBLE the packing to do and even MORE stuff to remember LOL. We leave for our cruise on Feb 20 so we have 4 weeks from yesterday! I have NO idea what to pack. Anyone from down there who has been on one of those cruises, Sarah?? Know what the weather might be like? We are stopping in Catalina and Ensenada. I have no idea if it will be cool, warm or down right HOT LOL. And then I have no idea what to pack for the diva trip. Literally going to have to wait till the last min I think. On the first two trips I was always chilly and took all long pants and long sleeve shirts but it has been on the warm side so unless we have a drastic change in the weather in the next few weeks it may be warm for once!! :)

Anywho if someone could let me know if they could pick up my stuff from the M&G I would much appreciate it! Thanks!! :)

:wave2: Hi Marie! We will miss you this year! Have you at least been hitting up WDW a lot?

Actually, we have! We live really close to Downtown Disney, and DH got a job as a lifeguard at SSR. I have a few friends that are CMs that get me in while im waiting to see if I can get a job at spa (also at SSR). If not, I will buy an annual pass.

Sunday night, Greg and I watched the movie at the SSR pool :happytv: I drive down to Ft Lauderdale for school Tue-Thur and stay those nights at my brother's house. Next time we we go to WDW will be Feb 10, the day after my 29th birthday :banana:

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Tuesday. If the DIS cooperates today, I might start that new thread. We'll see. :) We still have 5 pages, and it's been fairly quiet here (and on FB!) so there's no real rush.

I baked some cookies last night. I blame all the cookie talk on FB for putting that bug in my brain. I made chocolate chip cookies, minus the chocolate chips. :rotfl: They are good. Especially frozen. ;)

Well, have a great day, everyone!

Melissa, thanks for the info on the ET rate. I'm glad you were able to switch over closer to the parks and save some money while you're at it. :thumbsup2 I won't be staying there this trip, but I booked the ET rate for our family trip in October. Can't beat the prices. :thumbsup2

Sarah, that sign your mom made you was so cute!! I love your Space Mountain pic. Cute! :teeth:

Lisa, you have a packing pile? I am a last minute packer. Or at least the week of. But I do have my massive list and look it over once in a while to see what I still need. I think I am mostly set, except for the elusive lime green shirt. :rolleyes:

Jen, I hope everything works out and you are able to switch weekends with no issues! :wizard:

Hi, Dianna! How are things with you? :wave2:

Jessica, have a safe trip back home! :car:

Hi, Marie! I hope you are enjoying Florida and WDW! :sunny: ::MinnieMo Good luck on the spa job!

Melody, thanks for picking up the shirts! I'm so glad to hear you loved them. I just know they are going to look amazing on the group. :goodvibes

Kelly, I'm not going to CoD or else I would pick up your name tag and stuff for you. Sorry. I'm sure someone else will be able to do it though.
Your cruise sounds fun. The only cruise I've ever been on was one like that. I traveled with Ruben and his parents, and we left from Los Angeles, and went to San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada. We saw the blowhole in Ensenada, and had buffalo burgers in Catalina. This was at least 20 years ago. But I still remember how fun it was!
Well, it was fun until the last night on the way back to LA. The water was pitching the ship all over, and it was hard to even walk. I was so sick that night. I haven't been on a cruise since because I'm too scared I'll spend the whole time praying to the porcelain god.
1.gif

Thanks!

Is that your boyfriend next to you? That is so cool about your Jeff Galloway morning :cloud9:

Yep, that's him, broken wrist and all. :rotfl:
Yes, it really was a neat experience. :thumbsup2

WOW! Lucky girl! That must have been very cool!

All you ladies who did the Tink Marathon are very inspiring. Good job!

Now I just need to find a way into Club 33. :laughing:

Aw, love your costume from the Tinkerbell Half Sarah! I probably would have died in it, lol. By the end I was too hot in my shorts and tank top, lol.

I spent way too much time in the Parks yesterday and I am paying for it right now. I am really not looking forward to driving 6+ hours tomorrow to get home. It is so tempting to try staying one more night here with the retro rate. But I've already spent a lot more than I planned to.

Thanks! I got a little hot the last few miles, but really it was a very easy costume to run in and I got SO many compliments! It really helped toward the end to hear people yelling "Go Peter!"

Sorry we didn't get to meet up on Sunday. My boyfriend and 2 of our friends surprised me and came down for the day.

Did you get a picture with Tink? The line for Pixie Hallow was way too long. I'm going to wear my I Did It shirt on the Ladies trip and bring my medal so I can get a picture with her. I think everyone had the same idea on Sunday. :rotfl:

Hi Marie!

Well I tried to post earlier. Took so long, that I gave up. :headache:

I picked up the tees today. I love them!:goodvibes

Sarah and Jessica, Kudos to you!:cheer2:

Sarah, so jealous of you. :snooty: Did they mention who stays in the suite now? I was reading over on Mousechat, that John Lasseter practically lives at DL now, with the whole Carsland deal going on. Wonder if he gets to stay there?

Hi Marie! Nice to see you lurking?:goodvibes

They said mostly executives and there guests, but also they have contests with the CM's sometimes, like they have to submit their favorite Disney memory or something like that.

Also they have contests for the travel agents, like who ever sells the most Disney vacations in a certain month gets a one night stay.

It's actually kinda of small. Two bedrooms, two baths and the main living room, but it's all the little Disney touches in each room that make is special.

Each room has a "Good Night Kiss" button that dims the lights, plays music,
makes pictures come alive, projects stars on the ceiling etc., but can only be pushed 3 times per night.

The living room has a grandfather closk that plays music and other itmes come alive every hour.

And each room is themed to a different land in Disneyland. The master bedroom is Adventureland, kids room is Frontierland, living room is New Orleans Square.

I have a question I was wondering if someone who is going on the CoD trip could pick up my nametag and itinerary at the M&G? We won't arrive at the parks till Fri mid to late morning so I don't know any other way I can get it.

I would REALLY appreciate it. :)

I can't believe it is getting this close as well. And I have DOUBLE the packing to do and even MORE stuff to remember LOL. We leave for our cruise on Feb 20 so we have 4 weeks from yesterday! I have NO idea what to pack. Anyone from down there who has been on one of those cruises, Sarah?? Know what the weather might be like? We are stopping in Catalina and Ensenada. I have no idea if it will be cool, warm or down right HOT LOL. And then I have no idea what to pack for the diva trip. Literally going to have to wait till the last min I think. On the first two trips I was always chilly and took all long pants and long sleeve shirts but it has been on the warm side so unless we have a drastic change in the weather in the next few weeks it may be warm for once!! :)

Anywho if someone could let me know if they could pick up my stuff from the M&G I would much appreciate it! Thanks!! :)

I can get them, Kelly, no problemo!

So our Dashing Divas team is registered for MouseAdventure!! Apparently it's going to be much different than previous events... and we're supposed to be afraid!! I'm afraid every time :eek: At least it will be fun!!

So our Dashing Divas team is registered for MouseAdventure!! Apparently it's going to be much different than previous events... and we're supposed to be afraid!! I'm afraid every time :eek: At least it will be fun!!

Ooooh, exciting!! Good luck!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have one spot open for Napa Rose. We had a cancellation, so if you wanted to sign up before, but didn't get on before reservations were made, there's room for one!

I had a moment when the DIS was actually running like normal, lol, so I went ahead and seized the opportunity to start a new thread since this one was approaching 250 pages.

Please click here for the new planning thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2870835

Also, any mods that see this, Sherry or Mary Jo, can you please go ahead and close this thread to avoid any confusion for those posting. Thank-you!!! :)

No problem, Beth - I was trying to get in here sooner to close the thread when I saw your new post...but it took 5 minutes for the thread to load/open! :faint: :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter