Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in the wild west (so do you)! I read somewhere that, at least in AZ, you only have to be 12 to have a gun, as long as you have adult supervision. And 2 of the boys are 18, as well as the police officer who took the picture. He was NOT involved in shooting the t-shirt, as far as I know. I can only imagine what people think about it, only seeing the picture and reading what the media has to say about it, but it has nothing to do with politics (what high school boys know anything about politics), it was all about finding something to shoot up after they ran out of cans and bottles. I've got the story right from the source so I can tell you all about it next month! Seems like I always have a story, usually it's Zachary, now it's Allyson's boyfriend!!

ETA: And the guns are all legal.
12? Huh. I showed the photo to Ruben and that's basically what he said, that they were probably out at a shooting range or something and were just looking for a target to put up. Too bad it got so out of hand, but I agree, he wasn't smart to post that on FB!!

Between your stories and Katie's stories, we won't be riding any rides! Just sitting around drinking and gossiping. :lmao: :thumbsup2

12? Huh. I showed the photo to Ruben and that's basically what he said, that they were probably out at a shooting range or something and were just looking for a target to put up. Too bad it got so out of hand, but I agree, he wasn't smart to post that on FB!!

Between your stories and Katie's stories, we won't be riding any rides! Just sitting around drinking and gossiping. :lmao: :thumbsup2

That is pretty much what happened. And I know! How come your teenage boy doesn't give us any good stories?? Or am I tempting fate by asking :confused3

It could be air soft guns, they shoot pellets (air powered or with a gas cartridge). We have a bunch, my 15 yo uses them at a friend's house (or aims at boxes down our hallway), realistic at first glance until you look further to see it's made of plastic. They are strong enough to pierce through heavy weight cardboard, makes a lovely welt/bruise if someone gets hit. He uses eye protection/safety goggles and covers his neck to prevent injuries.

And yes, if you work in the police dept, teacher, or other public servant/official... it's better to NOT have a facebook page. Or at least not post any pictures.

We know of someone who had an uhhh :rolleyes1 inappropriate relationship with a parent. She was filmed by school security cameras, media heard of the charge and used her Facebook profile picture in the article. :eek:

How come the Dis is sooooooooooooo slow? :mad:

Really quick post if possible.

Does anyone here watch the "Bachelor?"
Well....while snooping for the ever popular "teal" shirt on Macy's website today, I came across one of contestants who is a model.
Her name is Courtney, and it looks like she does the "Free People" clothes line. She is also my least favorite of all the girls. :sad2:

Anywhos, go check it out, and see if it is her!:thumbsup2

Ooh, and got an email that the pink tees are done. :cool1: I hope the colors that I picked look good. :rolleyes1:guilty::confused3:rolleyes1 I feel so responsible, and to see them made up finally is kind of scary. :eek:

So I think I will post the scavvy rules later today, when I have more time.

Happy Saturday! :goodvibes

Hello ladies!! Slow day around here, huh? Well, it's the weekend so that's to be expected. Hope you all are out having fun.
We stayed home today, baked brownies, ate lunch outside in this nice weather, played the Haunted Mansion Life game, and are going to watch movies now.

That is pretty much what happened. And I know! How come your teenage boy doesn't give us any good stories?? Or am I tempting fate by asking :confused3
So far, no good stories from him. Or Noelle. Although Adam has a new girlfriend and this one seems fairly serious. :eek: Problem is, she's Mormon, and her mom is very strict and very much against this girl dating anyone who isn't also Mormon, which we aren't.
So now the mom is pretty much saying she doesn't want the two of them going out. I feel bad for them. They seem happy and like they really clicked. I would never tell one of my kids you have to date only a certain race, religion, economic status, etc. All I ask is they find someone who treats them with respect and kindness, and makes them happy.

Anyway, who knows what's going to happen now. There's not much I can do if her mom forbids it. Kind of sucks.

And yes, if you work in the police dept, teacher, or other public servant/official... it's better to NOT have a facebook page. Or at least not post any pictures.
I agree. Especially about the photos.

How come the Dis is sooooooooooooo slow? :mad:

Really quick post if possible.

Does anyone here watch the "Bachelor?"
Well....while snooping for the ever popular "teal" shirt on Macy's website today, I came across one of contestants who is a model.
Her name is Courtney, and it looks like she does the "Free People" clothes line. She is also my least favorite of all the girls. :sad2:

Anywhos, go check it out, and see if it is her!:thumbsup2

Ooh, and got an email that the pink tees are done. :cool1: I hope the colors that I picked look good. :rolleyes1:guilty::confused3:rolleyes1 I feel so responsible, and to see them made up finally is kind of scary. :eek:

So I think I will post the scavvy rules later today, when I have more time.

Happy Saturday! :goodvibes
Hi Mel! The DIS is sometimes unbearably slow for me. It's behaving right now.

I watch The Bachelor!!!! Oooooh, let's talk bachelor stuff when we catch up next month! I love to gossip about the show and the girls. I know who he picks..... :rolleyes1 But my lips are sealed.
Did you hear that Emily is going to be the next Bachelorette. I was like, puh-leaze! She was pretty, but oh so boring!!!! :rolleyes2 I like Kacie B. from this season. She's fun and pretty.

I can't wait to hear how you like the pink tees! I'm sure they are going to look great.

Have a good night everyone!

Fly by hi! We were at a friend's house all day for a 40th birthday party. It was fun! Tomorrow I must conquer Laundry Mountain. Apparently the spouse is almost out of underwear. Didn't I just *do* the whites load? Ugh. It never ends. Of course, if tomorrow is as nice as it was today, I may make him do laundry so I can start doing spring cleanup in the back yard. The freakin weeds are already up all along the fence line. I usually don't have to tackle those until mid to late February. Ugh.

Oh, and to whoever read that team name as "Flying Monkey B**ts", I read it as "Flying Monkey Butters" and just could NOT figure that one out. *snort*

Good Morning All!

Just a quick drop in before the chores start. The first being dragging my pre-teen out of bed.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I went with a friend yesterday to see "One for the Money". It was really good. It was nice to have a girls afternoon out.

Plan on heading out shirt hunting today. From the sounds of it, I should be prepared for a challenge. Chico really lacks in the shopping category.

I believe it was Stacie that asked if I got info about Photopass and I did from Jessica. Thanks for checking.

Mel, I'm so excited to see the shirts. It's just like Christmas. I'm sure they'll look wonderful.

Well better head out - laundry is calling.

Just popping in for a minute, but I want to say thanks to everyone for the encouragement on the Half! I wouldn't have signed up for the race if it weren't for the Divas (I blame Sarah ;)) and I'm so thrilled to have finished it.

All the talk on last friday on facebook about teal shirts (and then reading the pages here) I think we will be lovely shade of blue and green and everything in between. I was going to make my shirt and the color I got is turquiose.
I might get another shirt don't know yet.

I was also making my lime green shirt but I was at walmart yesterday they have a lime green goofy shirt for $5 in the mens sections. They didn't have my size so I was going to look at another walmart (they had a variety of men and womens disney shirts for $5 each)

Beth your packing list was something else. I usually start packing the night before and sometimes don't finish till I leave. I always figure as long as I have my AP and money I am good to go.

Maybe I will but my meet n greet gift and outfit in the car now.

Hope everyone has a good week. February 1st is on Wed.:yay

Good evening, ladies!! Can this weekend really be almost over?? :sad2: It went way too quickly. Hope it was a good one for all of you.
I know there were some Diva meet-ups at DL. Hope those of you who were able to get together (I'm not sure who all that was!) had a nice time. :)

Congratulations to all the finishers at the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon.
Great job, girls!
I second this!!! :cheer2: Such an inspiration.

Just popping in for a minute, but I want to say thanks to everyone for the encouragement on the Half! I wouldn't have signed up for the race if it weren't for the Divas (I blame Sarah ;)) and I'm so thrilled to have finished it.
You did great, Jessica! Congrats to you!

Between server issues on the DIS and my internet crashing on my phone - I have not been able to reply till now....
Okay, I am going to play momma bear for a minute here. Please be careful with those tanning beds. I was addicted to tanning in high school. I went almost daily for over a year, and was so dark! This of course was back when I had the bod to wear a bikini, so I loved it.
Now, I wish someone had stopped me. I did so much damage to my skin. And I worry constantly about skin cancer. I just know it's going to come back to haunt me. In fact, I have a new spot on my face that is suspicious and needs checking. :sad2:

Anyway, trying to look out for you. :hug: Maybe try a spray tan or something. Okay, I'll hush up now.
I actually only tan a few times a year - maybe for a week or two before shorts season and then I am done. With all of my tattoos its not really a good idea to tan. Typically I slather my tattoos with sunscreen and then wrap my arm with a towel to protect the ink quality. I have tried self tanners for different events and usually end up orange :rotfl: As for the cancer bit - I pretty much am expecting to get some sort of cancer someday since just about everyone in my family has had it. Kinda morbid, but I think I am being realistic. I am always having my doctor do tests to screen for cancer. He probably thinks I am crazy :laughing:

Jen - 3 suitcases? Boy, you must sure have a lot of goodies in there. Do roomies get a sneak peak ;)?
Of my clothes? Sure! :lmao: I will have 1 carry on with some clothes, 1 checked with decorations (to be emptied and use for souvineers (sp?!) and 1 checked with all my toiletries food, and most clothes.

I went to the gym yesterday morning -it was so difficult I almost puked. There were 24 people there for the boot camp which is much larger than usual. Ugh! Afterwards I was able to get my garage cleaned, son's bedroom cleaned and started on the redecorating of it, and then went on a bike ride across town with my friend.

Ok question time - I know the Villas have dishes -do they also have measuring cups/spoons and dish soap? How many towels do they put in there for 9 people? I am a 2 towel kinda gal (one for the hair, one for the body.)

Good morning! The weekend went by way to fast but we had a great time.
Congrats to Sarah and Jessica for running a great race.:cheer2: It was so much fun seeing all the costumes. It was nice having dinner with Jessica and Rochelle.
We would have liked to meet up with the others who were there but we seemed to be busy non stop, didn't even get any rides in but I did manage time to see a Billy show.:love:
The boards are running slow for me too, so while waiting for a page to load I do some stretches, makes me feel that I'm doing something worthwhile, rather than just sitting on my bum.:laughing:

Good morning ladies! I'm waaaaaaay behind on this thread :eek:. I met up with a couple of the ladies on Thursday night and Jen let me stay in her Grand Villa with her after the fundraiser for GTKTW.

Ok question time - I know the Villas have dishes -do they also have measuring cups/spoons and dish soap? How many towels do they put in there for 9 people? I am a 2 towel kinda gal (one for the hair, one for the body.)

Yes, they have all that stuff (in the 1 & 2-bedrooms). I don't recall the number of towels, but you can always call housekeeping and they will bring you more towels, pillows, blankets...etc. I always call for extra pillows since I need at least 3 pillows when I sleep :cloud9:.

Good morning, ladies!

The DIS is slow again for me. I was going to start a new thread because we are getting close to the 250 page mark, and while sometimes it takes us a week to get one page, other times we end up with 3-4 pages a day! But, I'm going to wait until the DIS is not acting up. If I try to do it now, it will take me all day! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Katie, glad you were able to meet up with some of the ladies. That's always fun.

Jen, you are just like Theresa (Queenbillabong). She does the whole two towel thing as well. I've just always used one, even with my long hair. :confused3

Laurie, yay for 24 days!!! :banana:

Trudi, I loved the photos you posted of Sarah on FB. Sarah, you looked so cute!! Great job. All the runners did awesome!
Oh, and Trudi, the DIS is so slow for me sometimes that I will literally have to get up and do chores in between. Hit quote, throw a load of laundry in, type out my post and hit submit reply, do the dishes, etc. lol

Hope everyone else has a great week.

Good Morning All!

Just a quick drop in before the chores start. The first being dragging my pre-teen out of bed.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I went with a friend yesterday to see "One for the Money". It was really good. It was nice to have a girls afternoon out.

Plan on heading out shirt hunting today. From the sounds of it, I should be prepared for a challenge. Chico really lacks in the shopping category.

I believe it was Stacie that asked if I got info about Photopass and I did from Jessica. Thanks for checking.

Mel, I'm so excited to see the shirts. It's just like Christmas. I'm sure they'll look wonderful.

Well better head out - laundry is calling.

I can't wait to see One for the Money. I've read all of the Stephanie Plum books and I'm glad to hear the movie was good.

Congratulations to all the finishers at the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon.
Great job, girls!

Thanks!

And you even beat me by a few minutes. :)

I think I mentioned that I won a contest on the Disney Parks Blog for a special Meet and Greet with Jeff Galloway.

So, Saturday morning we met at the Sorcerer's Hat near the Disneyland Hotel at 6:30am. We checked in and were given runDisney shirts.

We got to run through the castle, down Main Street and then over to DCA where we finished inside the Animation Building.

232323232%7Ffp43588%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B634%3C586326nu0mrj

We heard Jeff Galloway speak as well as Megan Price (who ran the race too). After the Q&A we got to take pictures with Minnie.

232323232%7Ffp4358%3A%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B634%3C587326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43585%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B634%3C589326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43587%3Enu%3D3236%3E478%3E%3A58%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B6357967326nu0mrj

After it was over (around 8:30am) they told us they had one more surpize for us....

WE GOT TO TOUR THE DREAM SUITE!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :lovestruc

This was the highlight of my weekend for sure! We were also given a 1 day 1 park ticket.

I'll post some more pictures later today, but none of the Dream Suite. :sad1: They wouldn't let us take pictures inside.

All of these pictures were taken by Disney and we were emailed a link to download them. :thumbsup2

It was so neat being up on the balcony and waving at the people in line for Pirates. :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter