Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a member of this thread, but I must say it is nice to see the faces of all the lovely ladies that I sometimes talk with.

Jack

I go to the gym and am rewarded with a shiny new thread! :wizard:

I hope you all brought thread-warming gifts..... you know like plants, decorative pictures, throw pillows, a bundt cake, booze..... :rolleyes1

;)

I have some barstools I can add ;)

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes !!! Can you believe I also turned 21?:lmao:
I'm going to try the fried Green Tomato sandwich at Hungry Bear on Sat.
I can't believe the Scavy theme was already guessed . I haven't scrolled back to see Lauries actual guess because this computer takes way to long to get to a new page and then another full 2 minutes to scroll.
I'm hoping to have my laptop working again by next week.
It's almost the weekend and I can't wait to get out of this desert heat !

In case anyone missed Mel's post about the scavenger hunt on the last pages of the old thread, I have reposted the info here on the first page, and I will post it here now:

"DIS Diva's Amazing I Spy Race" :magnify:

Sign-ups are going on now for the annual DIS Diva scavenger hunt. If you would like to join please PM Melody/tinkermell with your style of hunting. Also if you have someone special in mind you would like to team with, you may PM her with that info as well. The hunt committee will do the best they can to make everyone happy.

Style of hunting examples are:
1. Walkers - those who prefer to take their time and stroll a bit...
2. Marathoners - those who move and think quick!
3. Sprinters - those who haul butt from start to finish, no potty breaks for them!!

Teams will be announced right after New Years. This will still give you almost 2 months to figure out your team name, and what you would like to accessorize with. Have fun with it and be creative! There will be prizes for "Best Team Name" and "Best Accessorized".

The rules for the team name are as follows:

You must incorporate BOTH of these themes into your name.
1. Something to do with "RACE"
2. Something to do with "SPIES"

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to share them on the thread or PM any one of the scavenger hunt committee members.
Thank-you, and here's to another great hunt! :banana:

**Mel, since the old thread was locked, I couldn't quote your original post directly, but I think I got all the info you posted. Can you make sure I didn't leave anything out. Thanks! :)

I just wanted to give a Photopass update. This is who I have down according to posts from the old thread and from PM's!
Thanks for the update, Jess. That's the easiest way to do it, just post updates now and then so everyone can check and make sure they are signed up for where they need to be. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes !!! Can you believe I also turned 21?:lmao:
Wow, we are just a bunch of youngins' around here. ;) Enjoy your fried green tomato sandwich! I can't wait to try one of those myself.

Just subbing :thumbsup2.

Jen~ Yes my birthday is on Sunday :woohoo:. I also thinks Sarah(may)'s birthday is on the 10th. Lots of Fabulous people born that day :rolleyes1.

Ooooohhhhh Shiny!

Have I ever mentioned that I am easily distracted by shiny things?

I heart new threads!

Shiny & new......and oh so pretty thread!!!!

So much fun now that the planning is in full swing.....now if the next 7mths would just hurry up!!!!

For a "short" work week, it sure has felt loooooooooong. I'm pretty much at my wits end. I see massive amounts of junk food in my future. Om nom nom nom.

I'm wearing my Mickey headband we wore on the trip all those years ago and it's making me smile. :upsidedow

Is there a list for tentative people who tentatively need a roommate? If so, sign me up!

Happy Birthday to all you 21 year olds!

Big monkey hugs. :goodvibes

In keeping with tradition, I was going to post on the 1st page of the shiny new thread, but the best I could do is page 3. :headache:

Have been lurking when I can, but can't commit to next year's trip as we'll be in the middle of building a house and all our money will be going toward that, I'm sure. Looks like y'all have a ton of great things planned and a lot of you are movin' on up to the GCH. :thumbsup2

Just subbing :thumbsup2.

Jen~ Yes my birthday is on Sunday :woohoo:. I also thinks Sarah(may)'s birthday is on the 10th. Lots of Fabulous people born that day :rolleyes1.

We also share our bday with Jessica Simpson (whom I've met and she was not nice.)

I like to think of it as my 4 year anniversary of my 25th birthday. ;)

So the saga with Tahoe's dad continues today. Earlier when my sitter was over, he locked himself in his closet cause he misses his dad so much (it has been almost 2 months since they have seen each other.) Well, Trev and I agreed that I would meet up with him and his mom at 2:30 so he could take Tahoe camping for a few days. We made a quick stop at Target and I let Tahoe buy his dad a bday present (Trev's was yesterday); just moments after we left the store, Trev's mom calls to say that Trev has just been arrested. She had arrived at a Safeway to pick him up and he had just stolen some lemonade and then assaulted the security gaurd when confronted. He may be in jail for awhile this time. She also told me that he is using drugs pretty bad and the camping they were gonna do was most likely in a homeless camp. :sad2: I had to break my son's heart and tell him the truth this time. I left out the drugs, but told him dad was in jail again. I feel so bad for my little guy.

Jen - I'm so sorry your son is having to go through all of this. :hug:

I think I've pm'd all the information to all those in need. :goodvibes

I'll be there from Thursday (morning) - Monday (afternoon).

Hope you all had a great day.

steph

I am really thinking about doing this. My Dh, DS14 and I will already be there until the 22nd. I could send the boys home and add on a few extra days to stay and have fun with the girls. I may stay by myself or see if one of my girlfriends might be able to join me. Decisions, decisions!

Happy Birthday to all the birthday gals this weekend!

Jen I am so sorry you are going through this with your ex!! Boy does it bring back memories. My stepdaughter's bio mom sounds a lot like your ex and we went through a LOT of the same things that you are going through and many dissapointments and unfortunately stepdaughter to this day still has issues with her mom. Deep down she will always love her mom of course but it has always been tough and a real struggle on our end too to deal with all the hurt feelings and saddness. I hope your son isn't too sad and luckily he has you and your dh who are great parents. It's so hard on the kids though.

Lovin the new thread and I agree it is exciting that we are doing so much planning. Been trying to think up team names all day but this one really has me stumped! The last 2 times I thought up one right away but this time it's tough!

Luckily we have a TON of other stuff going on in the meantime including the holidays and another Disney trip to keep me occupied before this trip so I think the time will fly and before we know it it will be time for the trip!! :)

Have a good evening everyone!

I am really thinking about doing this. My Dh, DS14 and I will already be there until the 22nd. I could send the boys home and add on a few extra days to stay and have fun with the girls. I may stay by myself or see if one of my girlfriends might be able to join me. Decisions, decisions!

:flower3: Welcome!!! I say DO IT!!!! This is a great group of ladies who have a blast together & in small groups....you're sure to find a few gals that like the same things as you. Keep following along on the thread & join in the conversations!!!! Hope you'll join us for all the fun! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter