giving credits to others

jlieblaw

Mouseketeer
We are going in sept. with a group of 9. 3 of the group will be in a different villa with a separate reservation. they do not want the dining plan but we are thinking of doing it. when we dine together, can we give them some of our credits? my question is mainly about chef mickey's, where we are having a dinner all together. can we give them 2 of our ts credits for adults and one of our kid credits so that they don't have to pay for dinner that night? we know we're going to have some extra credits due to spending one day at seaworld. thanks for any help.

Last I knew how this worked...I believe Disney just changed this to differentiate between adults/children

say 4 people, 2 adults, 2 children are going for 5 nights. You get a total of #10 adult counter service meals
#10 adult table service meals
#20 snacks

#10 child counter service meals
#10 child table service meals

you can use them all in one day, or use them throughout the week. The receipts should show what you have left.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.. :teeth:

Yes, but....the easiest way to do this would be to have your DH give the server a card for the first group of people and you give them a card for the second group.

The problem is that the card will say adult 04, child 02. (or whatever the blend is) There have been servers who didn't want to allow you to get 6 adult and 3 child's meals on one card. Yes, I know that the card is attached to the room and is all the same, but the simple act of giving the server 2 different cards solved the problem.

Technically the answer is no. But it is not something that is programmed into the system. When you check in you are given credits for each person for each night (not day) you are staying. So your credit "account" for a family of 4 on a 5 night 6 day trip, reguardless of the ages, will be 20 TS, 20 CS, 20 Snacks. So depending on arrival/departure times you may actually not have some left. Some people have reported sharing to the point of this is our last meal at disney I have credits left I want to pay for the stranger in line behind me. And others have been denied the ability to do share. Since all credits are pooled and it is too much food many people share then treat an extra person. But some get told you have 2 adults 2 kids you can only get two adult meals. Or if they are a party of 3 yet try to order 4 meals they get denied. More often than not everything seems to go smoothly no problems but sometimes you run into a server who just wont allow it. It does seem as if the idea the other poster has of splitting it up and using 2 cards from your room to pay the separate tickets would work...but a server who is going to stop you from getting too many meals on your card would probably be nosy enough to figure out that the two cards are actually for the same room. I wouldnt count on being able to do it but I would try and if it didnt work have another plan in place. It really stinks to have it all planned out not work have to pay and have credits left.

I just used the plan on my trip eariler this month. I had two adults and two children. My son eats alot more then what they give on a kids meal and whenever we ate at counter service they let him order adult meals. When we did table service he had to order from the kids menu.

I do know they ask how many people are in your party I think Disney uses that as a security check.

We just returned on Thurs. (22nd) from 8.5 days on property with the DDP for 2 adults and 2 children. My in-laws came up to spend 4 of those days with us. So on Father's Day we treated them to a dinner at WCC, and also a lunch (counter service) at Earl of Sandwich. We had extra credits because of eating at Rain Forest Cafe one night, and also because of the time that we get in on our first night and leave out early on our last day we really don't get to utilize it completely! However that being said we calculated our savings and it was close to $600!
So you shouldn't have any problems at Chef Mickeys, we did it last year at CM's and didn't have a problem either.
Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies. We won't get in until after lunch on our check in day and will leave early on our last day, plus will have a seaworld day and have one meal at rainforest cafe so I know we'll have some extra meals. My aunt and uncle are thinking about joining us part of the time and I know they would have a hard time paying the price for CMs so it would be nice to be able to treat them.

Odds are you'll be lucky and they'll allow you to do so. If being able to do so would make-or-break your ability to enjoy your visit, I'd be sure to get it in writing beforehand, though. You can clearly not count on being able to do so every place, every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter