GKTW Online Event: Daytona 500 Challenge LAST 2 Days to Enter!!

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
For all you NASCAR fans that are on the board, I was thinking of coming up with a GKTW Challenge for the Daytona 500. The only thing is coming up with a way to have a challenge since there are 43 different teams.

The one way I thought about a challenge is you pick your favorite driver to win the Daytona 500 and with an amount. If they win you donate that amount.

Another version of a challenge would be going with your favorite vehicle manufacturer in NASCAR (ford, dodge, chevrolet, or toyota) and we support our favorite manufacturer. If that manufacturer wins the race, your amount you have pledged gets donated to GKTW.

If anyone else can come up with an idea, maybe we can get this going before the race on Feb. 26th.

What if we picked a team (Hendrick, Rousch-Fenway, Stewart-Hass) and if that team did not finish top 5 you had to pay?!?

That is a good idea too!!! I actually like that. So we could go with the "big" teams:

Roush-Fenway Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Penske Racing
Hendrick Racing
Stewart-Haas Racing

If there is another team you would want, we can add them in to the mix.

I'm just loving the ideas here! Let me know when you have something settled on, and I'll sticky this thread and add it to the official list of events!:banana:

Ok...I figured that going with the Big Teams will be the easiest way to making this challenge work.

Add your name to this thread with team you are planning on supporting and the amount you are pledging and I will add it to the list below. If any driver from that organization doesn't finish in the top 5 at the Daytona 500 on Feb. 26, 2012 your pledge must be donated to GKTW.

Final "wagers" need to be in by Saturday February 25, 2012 at noon.

List of teams (drivers in parantheses):

Roush Fenway (Edwards, Kenseth, Biffle, Stenhouse)

vikkil70 $25.00

Richard Childress Racing (Harvick, Burton, Menard, Sadler)

1Grumpy9 (Amy) $25.00
SebLop1977 $25.00

Hendrick Motorsports (Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr, Kahne)

THE3jsmom $25.00
TSWJan78 $25.00

Penske Racing (Keselowski, Allmendinger)

Stewart-Haas Racing (Stewart, Newman)

Joe Gibbs Racing (Hamlin, Kyle Busch, Logano)

Just found this thread and think it is a great idea.
Put me down for $25 on Rousch-Fenway.

Go Kenseth! :cool1::)

Got you two down!! Thanks for joining in the fun!! I am excited for the new NASCAR season!!! Especially the 500. My driver is back running the 500 this year (Sadler). The only bad thing is that I can't be there to see it. :( I will be watching from my own 48 inch HDTV!!!

I have never been to a race but each year I say I am going to go especially since I have no excuse I live 30 mins from Charlotte Motor Speedway. Maybe this year, I hope Gordon can stay on a good run this year. He had a great 2011.

I have been waiting for the start of the season. We got to the fall Dover race every year. One year I would love to go the Daytona 500. In a few months we will moving about 20 minutes from Richmond Raceway so hoping to get to see some races there too.

We are headed to Dover again this year for both races, and I have great tickets for the All Star Race in Charlotte.

vikkil70...You will love the Richmond track!!! I went there a couple of years ago and LOVED it!!!!! You will also love Martinsville. Great small track and fun atmosphere. Richmond is also.

Reminder...Get your picks in before the 25th!!! Pass along to everyone you know on the boards that is a NASCAR fan to join in on the fun for this fund raiser!!!!

**BTW...RCR will win this year...LOL!!

After a very LONG (and delayed) race, here are the final results:

1 Matt Kenseth (Roush)
2 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Hendrick)
3 Greg Biffle (Roush)
4 Denny Hamlin (Roush)
5 Jeff Burton (Childress)
6 Paul Menard (Childress)
7 Kevin Harvick (Childress)
8 Carl Edwards (Roush)
9 Joey Logano (Gibbs)
10 Mark Martin (Michael Waltrip)

So looking at everyones pick, it looks like all that participated picked correctly. Even though my pick was RCR, and they finished in the top 5 I am still going to donate my money to GKTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter