• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good place for lunch in the BCV/BWV area

Starr W.

DIS Veteran
Booked a later flight out for our Thanksgiving trip and I am think about going over and scoping out the BC/BW area for our MLK trip.

What's a good place to eat lunch in that area?

Beaches and Cream is an old fashioned malt shop at the BC. Nothing fancy but good lunch fare..... My teenaged daughter loves it there. Other options are the ESPN club (do not like the food there at all) and Big River Brew Works.

My family loves to lunch at ESPN. My teenagers like the mini burgers, I love the salads, and husband usually goes for a sandwich. It's a nice atmosphere too. Enjoy your vacation!

Booked a later flight out for our Thanksgiving trip and I am think about going over and scoping out the BC/BW area for our MLK trip.

What's a good place to eat lunch in that area?

Swan/Dolphin have several good options, and there is usually a DVC discount over there (usually 20%, I think).

We love Beaches & Cream!!! Definitely a fun place, and food is actually pretty good--sandwiches, salads, and GREAT ice cream desserts! The place isn't very big, though, so if you've got a crowd, might be tough getting you all seated together. There are a handful of booths down one side--they ahve those old-fashioned jukebox music selectors ont he tables (like the one Tony Soprano was fiddling around with on the last episode, but I digress..) Otherwise, the tables are kinda small with those little metal frame-back chairs. Also lots of seats at the eating bar that goes all around the cooking, prep area. We loved it. The sherbet was outstanding, and the banana split we shared was outstanding. If you like grilled chicken caesar salads, they make a really good one! Sandwiches are excellent, as are kids' items. Floats and shakes are abundant.

Also will agree that the Yacht Club Galley is also excellent--more peace and quiet if the bustling atmosphere of B&C doesn't appeal to you. Food and service are excellent. Never seems to be a wait there, but they do take ressies (B&C does NOT take ressies).

We like ESPN for a meal without dining reservations. The food and drinks are good too. :surfweb:

Just so you know, many of the places mentioned in these suggestion posts offer anywhere from 10-20% discounts. Be sure to ask and show your DVC Member card.

Thanks everyone! We also have the DDE, so I'll check that list too(along with the DVC discount list).

Will have to eat a light lunch as my youngest will want to go to B&C and try the kitchen sink(Thank you Samantha Brown and the Great Hotels show).

He actually watched her Passport to South America show, he now wants to go to Belize!:rotfl2:

We totally love Beaches and Cream and always eat there for lunch on our arrival day to WDW. The cheeseburgers and onion rings are great and the No Way Jose sundae is sooooooo YUMMY!!!!!

Another vote for beaches and cream here! The brownie a-la-mode is amazing!

I never see it mentioned but the Crew’s Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club is one of my favorites. Although they offer a very limited menu, the burgers are great and the beer is cold. :thumbsup2
I didn’t make it in there last trip and I see the menu limited on the web site doesn’t show much more that drinks so perhaps those burgers are no longer offered .. Can anyone verify what’s on the menu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter