Goofy Support Group (AKA Goofy Challenge 2010)

Shirt information:
The shirts for WDW Marathon weekend have been long sleeve Champion brand tech shirts and are like unisex sizes. I choose a medium and it works good. Was the same thing for the DL Half, unisex sizes - same shirt goes to the guys and the gals.
Princess Half and the old Minnie were Womens' shirts only and that is why they were an the "small" side. I had to go to like a Large/XL to get one that wasn't so tight.

Tracy

DH (Butch) and I(Jen) are both doing Goofy for the 1st time this year.

The plan is for a leisurely 1/2 followed by trying to get a good time for the full.
We hope to do the 1/2 slowly together and take tons of pictures and enjoy so aiming for 3-3:15.

For the full
Butch: 4:45
Jen: 5:30

I so psyched and really nervous :scared1:

Arghhhh! I just registered, now I really HAVE to do it!

Half-3.00
Full-6.00-6.30 (failing that just to survive and finish!)

Thanks for all your help guys :goodvibes and can't wait to see you all at the start and finish lines :thumbsup2

Kirsty

Hey everyone! I am in for my 3rd goofy. Do you know I have already started having race anxiety dreams?? I have had 2 in this past week. I don't know what is up with that.

As far as goals, I am really hoping to feel good throughout the entire full this year. I am planning on a 3:15 - 3:20 half and hopefully a 5:55 full. Last year I went way too fast in the half and it really hurt me the next day.

Becky

Kirsty - on the sizing, I usually wear a ladies medium (size 6ish) and for the january races a small fits great. At least they have the last 2 years! ;)

Becky

Hello fellow Goofy's ~

4th Goofy for me

Half 2:30
Full 5:00

I'm using the Hal Higdon intermediate plan, it has me running Saturdays and Sundays. Back to back short/long runs.

Marcia

I'm in for Goofy 2010.

This will be my first so not sure what my times will be. Lets say 2:00 for 1/2 and 4:30 for full.

Lou

They tell me I have been Goofy for a long, long time now. The race just makes it official! :rotfl:

This is my first marathon and my first Goofy. You only ever get one first, so here it is! I am hoping to finish..alive!

Diane always has good ideas!!
Put me down for my first Goofy. As far as finishing times....? I guess 3:39 for the half and 6:59 for the full. This will be my first full so I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks Chris and Diane! :thumbsup2

I'm in, I'm in! I'm not really sure what my est. finish times are. They're moving goals, and move faster than I do I swear. Let's try 3:00 and 6:00. I know I can do the two individual events faster than that, but not sure where I'll be on the back-to-back. Or if I'll want to move faster, esp. on day 2. And it all depends on if I hang with cool WISH company on the course, too. :goodvibes

I also haven't decided on a training plan. Apparently I'm a big slacker. Or maybe it's denial. :rotfl2:

DOOD's in, too, but I don't know what his strategy will be. Let's say 2:00 and 4:00 for him, for now. He, too, can go faster.

ETA: I'm also doing the 5K on Friday. (In for a penny, in for a pound.) Any takers?

Great idea, Chris and Diane!

User name/name: Getnthinr, Wendy
How many challenges this is for you: 5th "Dopey" (Goofy plus 5K)
Est Finish Times: 3:30/6:45

For those of you who don't know me, I've walked a few marathons (30), but I got cocky last year and jumped into long distances/hills a bit too fast, got injured, and struggled through Goofy with lots of pain and a very long, difficult recovery (first from Achilles tendonitis, then from ITB issues). I am finally back to consistent training -- starting pretty much from ground zero, trying to do a lot more cross-training, stretching, and slowly increasing my distances. Never have been fast -- just really enjoy the Disney experience -- all the character photos, the mondo medals, the magical atmosphere. And nothing -- I repeat, NOTHING -- matches the experience of having tons of lime-clad friends (some of whom I've never met) cheering for me along the way.

In years past I've tried training in two ways: back-to-back days throughout my training, and just a few back-to-back long walks scattered here and there. For me, fewer back-to-back walks seems to work better. I'm older, overweight and prone to injury, so the risk of all the back-to-back training outweighs the possible benefit. If I was younger, thinner, fitter, or had a specific time goal; I would probably incorporate more consistent back-to-back training, but that is not the case for me. As I've heard from others, my goal is to finish "upright and smiling" -- and before the sweepers. My primary focus is to stay uninjured this year -- and based on last year, that may be challenging enough. YMMV, almost certainly.

Don't forget if to enter on the WISH Team Calendar that you are going. That's an imortant thing. Don't be left out of that one.

Tiger Lily 03 Goofy #5 for me! Predicting: Half time: 3:29 and Full time 6:58

Don't forget if to enter on the WISH Team Calendar that you are going. That's an imortant thing. Don't be left out of that one.

Tiger Lily 03 Goofy #5 for me! Predicting: Half time: 3:29 and Full time 6:58

Yes please add to the Main Wish Thread Lily has listed above. I added that to the first post I had as well.

I can't wait to hear how people's training is going, if they are struggling, how they feel, how one week they feel awesome while the next maybe not so much, how many miles people are doing etc. Like I was saying I really reached out to some people last year and it sure helped me. I hope this thread will help people as we go along so you don't feel alone.

Updated to here.

Lily, you're going to get that special something or other for running all five Goofys. I can't wait to see what that is! :goodvibes

Chris, this is my first Goofy. I forgot to mention that. It's all Diane's fault.

Another first timer here. I don't do much running, though. I will be happy to finish ahead of the sweepers! Have done one half and one full, but not in the same weekend.

UltraMickeyMouse (Robert), GOING FOR THE PERFECT 5th Goofy, Half 3:29, Marathon 6:59

DW Linda will be doing her 4th in a row(Broken toe stopped her from doing the 1st Goofy)

UltraMickeyMouse (Robert), GOING FOR THE PERFECT 5th Goofy, Half 3:29, Marathon 6:59

DW Linda will be doing her 4th in a row(Broken toe stopped her from doing the 1st Goofy)

Unfortunately, with times like these (only picking Robert's as the latest example), you all may be too fast for me to stick with during the "race." Where can I meet you after I finish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter