Got a cheap hotel!!!!

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
I was all set to book the Best Western Park Place Inn for $89.10 per night for our (DH and I) trip April 24-28.

Then I asked my parents, who live 6 hours from DL, if they'd like to join us. They are comming up for 2 nights. My mom did some research and found the Desert Inn and Suites, Anaheim for $59 a night! It's located just a few doors down from the BWPPI, has in indoor pool (BWPPI only had an outdoor) and still has a microwave and fridge in the room. So we just saved $138 (with tax)!!!!

I just so happy! :goodvibes

We stayed there in November and it was perfect for us. It's not luxurious, but it was nearly right at the crosswalk. Also, I'm really picky about cleanliness and our rooms were always clean. The only thing that bothered us was that they seem to stick to a 3 pm check in time for everyone and so they let us park the car, but we had to go wander around Downtown Disney for awhile.

We've also stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites several times. It's a nice, location, right across the street from the main Disneyland entrance. The pool is indoors, very small, very humid. The rooms are kept clean. It's very simple, just your basic place to sleep, shower, and head to the parks. And it is nice having the fridge and microwave. We would rate it a 9 out of 10 for the price and location.

Our only complaint is the parking, it is horrible. They do not have enough parking spaces for each room. There is a dark basement garage under the motel where they have tight parking spaces, and when that's full (and it fills up fast by 7:00pm), you are directed to park as close as possible up and down the garage ramp.

They only give one parking permit per room, so if you're planning to get a large suite for 8-10 people, or planning to arrive in separate cars, you will only get a parking permit for one vehicle per room. (that's if you're a group staying in one of their suites) Any car without the permit gets towed, and they will tow! ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR PERMIT IS VISABLE INSIDE YOUR CAR.

Returning late after visiting the parks, or arriving late to check in, you will meet up with a parking attendant that will sqeeze you in where ever he can find room, sometimes two cars wide up against the hotel wall and fence. And trying to get your car out the next morning is a Disney Adventure in itself!

Because it a short walk to the parks, you may not need to ever move your car. But if you're like us, and like to drive to the Outback Steak House for dinner, just remember your nice parking spot will be gone when you come back!

If you're planning to arrive via a shuttle from the airport, Desert Inn is an ideal place to stay with large groups.

jocotter said:
The only thing that bothered us was that they seem to stick to a 3 pm check in time for everyone and so they let us park the car, but we had to go wander around Downtown Disney for awhile.

I've read that on Trip Advisor.com. Our flight gets in at 12:30, so I figure we'll be there by 1:30. Do you know if they'll hold our bags for us while we go to the parks? We won't have a car to keep the bags in, and we'll look kind of funny with two roll-along suitcases on Space Mountain!

One more question about the hotel- does it have good sound proofing between floors. I have a 2 and 4 year old and for my sake getting them to go to sleep it would help to know. I know that getting a room closer to Harbor is also better if you can.

The room walls at Dessert Inn are pretty sound proof. Because it is in the heart of a family vacation spot, lots of small children are very active guests there, but we've never heard any disturbances from other rooms above us. Nor have we heard showers from next door guests. But like most any motel, you sometimes hear noisy guest passing by your room door and window late at night. The doors at Dessert Inn do open to the outside, not an indoor hallway. We've spent several Disney vacations at Dessert Inn, and our kids sleep well. Have Fun!

never2muchdisney said:
The room walls at Dessert Inn are pretty sound proof.

Based on this advice, we booked at the Desert Inn this past week. Unfortunately, this info is completely bogus.

We even paid the extra and got a suite on the top floor so we wouldn't have any noise from upstairs. However, the walls are paper thin. We heard the man next door yawning as clear as day. Then he proceeded to leave his TV on while he went to sleep. We called the front desk and they were quite accommodating about giving us another room. But they warned us that all the rooms have noise problems. We could hear every word of every conversation in the rooms next to us as well as anyone who passed by. You can also hear their toliets flush, sinks being used, and even them opening the refrigerator door.

madoka said:
Based on this advice, we booked at the Desert Inn this past week. Unfortunately, this info is completely bogus.

We even paid the extra and got a suite on the top floor so we wouldn't have any noise from upstairs. However, the walls are paper thin. We heard the man next door yawning as clear as day. Then he proceeded to leave his TV on while he went to sleep. We called the front desk and they were quite accommodating about giving us another room. But they warned us that all the rooms have noise problems. We could hear every word of every conversation in the rooms next to us as well as anyone who passed by. You can also hear their toliets flush, sinks being used, and even them opening the refrigerator door.

Sorry your experience wasn't pleasant. I only answered the question based on my own experience. If the motel staff told you that the walls are thin, they would know better than I. But we honestly have never had a complaint about the noise at Dessert Inn.

We had a bad experience with another motel in the same Anaheim area years ago, with wet carpets, light bulbs missing, and very little hot water, but I read lots of positive things about that motel afterwards. The manager informed us later in a written letter that they were having water heater problems during the time of our stay. I chalked it up to just being at the wrong place at the wrong time. We just happened to be there on the one bad day they had that year I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter