Grammys

If anything, given her actions, I think she's the one mad about something. I'm not. I never get mad at anyone on a message board.
You could have fooled me. It was just odd to keep going on and on after one poster, calling her a Karen over something so insignificant when she did not do personal attacks on you. Oh well, I have no horse in the race just stating what it looked like from a third party.

I’ve grown fond of TSwift even if I don’t listen to a ton of her music.

I never assign someone’s motivation, but she errored in a huge way to not even make eye contact and say “thank you” to Celine. That is fact. She offered less to Celine than I do if a stranger holds a door for me or if I catch the mailman at the box and they hand me my mail. (And that’s before you consider Celine’s current state of health.)

As far as Lana? Terrible form. Taylor consistently (and rightly imo) points out how women and men are treated and viewed differently in her business. If a male winner had dragged a female up on stage in that manner, her opinion would be different imo. Lana has agency and it was CLEAR she did not want to go up. No one should be physically coerced to do anything. Lana relented as to not cause a scene.

I hope she looks back at this footage (along with the weird stuff she did with her trophies on peoples heads etc) and realize she miscalculated or lost her sense of time and place.

Basically everything she’s been wrongly accused of at Chiefs games is what she did at the Grammys. A rare miss.

I’ve grown fond of TSwift even if I don’t listen to a ton of her music.

I never assign someone’s motivation, but she errored in a huge way to not even make eye contact and say “thank you” to Celine. That is fact. She offered less to Celine than I do if a stranger holds a door for me or if I catch the mailman at the box and they hand me my mail. (And that’s before you consider Celine’s current state of health.)

As far as Lana? Terrible form. Taylor consistently (and rightly imo) points out how women and men are treated and viewed differently in her business. If a male winner had dragged a female up on stage in that manner, her opinion would be different imo. Lana has agency and it was CLEAR she did not want to go up. No one should be physically coerced to do anything. Lana relented as to not cause a scene.

I hope she looks back at this footage (along with the weird stuff she did with her trophies on peoples heads etc) and realize she miscalculated or lost her sense of time and place.

Basically everything she’s been wrongly accused of at Chiefs games is what she did at the Grammys. A rare miss.

I thought the same thing about Celine. I understand Taylor was "in the moment" and excited, but she should have acknowledged her imo. A simple "thank you" and a peck on the cheek would have sufficed. Taylor is kind of known for being gracious and respectful to people, but that did not come through with Celine. They did show a photo of them hugging backstage so maybe she did apologize to her privately. Celine seems very classy and kind so Im sure there are no hard feelings on her side.

As for Lana, I also agree. She was clearly saying "no." I also agree that she relented so as not to make a scene. I never thought that if it was a man dragging a woman onstage how it would be perceived, but you are right. I can't imagine how that would have played out if a man forced a woman on stage.

I don't think she snubbed Celine, I think she was excited

As far as her acting surprised, how else should she act? Like she knows she'll win? Nonchalant? Then people would pick her apart for that.
I have to agree with both statements. I had to go back and rewatch the interaction with Celine. The first thing I thought was that Taylor was excited and I believe someone was talking to her as she was taking the award.

Lana Del Rey was featured on the Midnights album, since that's what won Taylor probably wanted her there on stage for her contribution, however small it was. While at the time it was cringy how it seemed like Swift didn't acknowledge Celine Dion, it seems more of a "swept up in the moment" situation. Even during the live cast when Celine came out the camera panned to Taylor and you could tell she was excited to see her.

I will preface this by saying that I am a Swiftie. I was when I was younger and am grateful for her music and general existence in pop culture because it has been such a cool bonding experience with my kids.

I don't think she snubbed Celine, I think she was excited (and probably tipsy). I'm sure she cringed when she realized. Lana writes for a lot of people who constantly win awards, including a collaboration on Midnights, but she never wins, so I get why TS wanted to bring her to the stage and recognize her. BUT, Lana clearly said no and didn't want to go onstage and TS did not read those cues at all.

As far as her acting surprised, how else should she act? Like she knows she'll win? Nonchalant? Then people would pick her apart for that.

She just at a point where people scrutinize everything she does and that's the nature of the beast I guess.

I'm glad SZA and Miley won!
Stand up,smile and hug your people-don't act like you were COMPLETELY caught off guard and COMPLETELY shocked as if you genuniely thought you had ZERO chance to win.

Just a GENUINE reaction not an over the top contrived one.

Agree those two are queen skanks. I love that word havent heard it in years.. but a good adjective if used correctly. and yes let's not clutch our pearls in using that word, there are many Skanks out there, both the good and bad type. thought Miley was a bit skanky too but in a good way
And someone who at the end of their GRAMMY ACCEPTANCE SPEECH says:

"I don't think I have forgotten anybody,but I may have forgotten my underwear."

probably embraces that term!lol

I watched only to see Dua Lipa since I’m a big fan but I’m glad I watched all the way through. Joni Mitchell and the Fast Car performances were great. I enjoyed Sza too.

As for Taylor, I’ve never understood her popularity but I don’t hate her. People like who they like and that’s fine imo.

Yea, I'll never understand the 'hate' side of things - music, sports, celebrities of many kinds..... makes no sense hating people we don't even know!

As for Swift "ruining the NFL" as I read some days, I just shake my head and wonder how we've gotten here. it's not like she has a camera crew following her around to steal the show - she's in a suite with friends and family cheering on a team and her boyfriend. With her incredible notoriety, It might be the closest thing to a normal event she gets to attend and enjoy!

Some more context on the Celine & Swift thing... I've read that they were instructed to be cautious/not touch Celine because her diagnosis includes symptoms of unsteadiness/balance issues. I also saw a video where Celine seemingly mouths "You're Welcome" to Taylor (we can only see the back of Taylor's head) so the angle might have not allowed for people to see Taylor thank her.

It's giving Barbie movie. "We have to always be extraordinary, but somehow we're always doing it wrong."

I get what you’re saying, but honestly? That’s just the vibe she gives me.
Like I said, I really like her. :)

How would you describe her?
She colors outside the lines...

But I get what you are saying. We women take certain words and make them our own like the b word. Call me that B word and I just think you're overwhelmed by my strong womanhood so thank you!!! :rotfl2:

Didn’t watch, couldn’t tell you who most of the people were. But thank you to those who posted links. As others have said , only saw short clips.

Yea, I'll never understand the 'hate' side of things - music, sports, celebrities of many kinds..... makes no sense hating people we don't even know!

As for Swift "ruining the NFL" as I read some days, I just shake my head and wonder how we've gotten here. it's not like she has a camera crew following her around to steal the show - she's in a suite with friends and family cheering on a team and her boyfriend. With her incredible notoriety, It might be the closest thing to a normal event she gets to attend and enjoy!
Let's see. If the fact that they're playing usually 15 minutes or less in an over 3 hour telecast didn't ruin it for someone, and 1 minute of anyone ruins the whole thing, that's more a statement about them than the person that ruined it for them. By the way during the regular season, I didn't watch the games any more. Instead I usually wait a couple of hours and watch the youtube continuous action no huddle rerun. That takes 30 minutes of my time instead of 3 hours. They have every single play plus important replays and the like. They don't show the huddles between plays, no commercials (except the normal youtube ones that interrupt videos.) None of the yapping at half time about the game we just watched, etc. Obviously I'll have to watch the Superbowl because Spoiler alert, someone will tell me. But it was really pleasant doing it the way I did. I can watch several games in the time it took to watch two. And they're free. No NFL paid TV package necessary.

Some more context on the Celine & Swift thing... I've read that they were instructed to be cautious/not touch Celine because her diagnosis includes symptoms of unsteadiness/balance issues. I also saw a video where Celine seemingly mouths "You're Welcome" to Taylor (we can only see the back of Taylor's head) so the angle might have not allowed for people to see Taylor thank her.

It's giving Barbie movie. "We have to always be extraordinary, but somehow we're always doing it wrong."
I read that too and thought it made sense but then I saw this video today of Celine singing and hugging with Sonyae. Oprah posted a hugging video also with Celine also.

Anyway, posting this here because Celine sounds amazing! I’m so happy she seems to be doing well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter