Great American Baking Show pulled by ABC...

I found out about this and was disappointed. I started watching it because a local guy was on it but I did enjoy watching the episode and now I won't get to see any more episodes--that really sucks.

I know it's not about the 15mins of fame so to speak but I do feel for the contestants in general since now their hard work and effort doesn't get to be seen by others.

I am very disappointed not to be able to see the rest of the season. I love the Great British Baking Show and love that they have an American version too. Double happiness! Double enjoyment seeing Paul!! I hope Netflix or Amazon will pick it up later and show the full season. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just watch the original - the British version. Why do we have to do a rip-off (and not nearly as good version) of every British show? Why not just watch the British one and enjoy it?

Just watch the original - the British version. Why do we have to do a rip-off (and not nearly as good version) of every British show? Why not just watch the British one and enjoy it?

I've watched every episode of GBBO and have loved all of them. I've now been filling in the gaps with the Canadian version and while it is not as good as the original, it is not bad.

Most of the British shows are better than their other-country counterparts, although I will argue to the death that the Australian version of Masterchef is 100000000000000X better than any other including the original British one!

We were surprised when we went to watch and it wasn’t on. I did an internet search and that is how I found out it was pulled. Our newspaper did not mention anything at all about it which is weird.

I couldn’t WAIT for this show to start this year. I watched the first episode with my daughter. We love it. I too am so disappointed that it was pulled. I don’t give a rat’s behind about the judges. I watch for the actual baking. How annoying.:headache:

The thing is, the backlash ABC would have faced if they hadn't pulled the show after the accusations would have been even bigger. Especially with everything that has been going on, this sort of thing is currently front and center. Maybe they can reedit the show to allow it to show later, but I do believe from a business perspective pulling the show was the best (and really only) move.

I enjoyed that show so much and am very disappointed. Thank you for posting this because I was confused as to why ABC only aired one episode. I feel badly for the contestants. What a shame.

Thanks, I was wondering whyI couldn't find it in upcoming shows. No great loss-it wasn't my favorite show anyways. I usually love cooking shows, especially holiday ones, but there are others I much prefer.

I feel badly for the contestants. Since he was such a small part, I wish they would edit him out and show the rest.

Unless... he is a producer of the show or some other role that means he would financially benefit if production continued. If that's the case, then pulling it was the right decision.

I don't think it even matters anymore if it is credible. Knee jerk reactions. And who deems it credible, the same media reporting it?

The people that put the show on the air are the ones that decide. It's their show. They determine whether there is some there there. And it's hardly a knee jerk reaction.

The people that put the show on the air are the ones that decide. It's their show. They determine whether there is some there there. And it's hardly a knee jerk reaction.
I would think it’s just the opposite of a knee jerk reaction if it’s a person and/or show that brings in high ratings. I think they do it b/c they should/have to.

I would think it’s just the opposite of a knee jerk reaction if it’s a person and/or show that brings in high ratings. I think they do it b/c they should/have to.

You don't need to pull a show because of a single person's actions. How is that fair to viewers, all the people who work on the show, and in this case, the other contestants?

At this rate, all we are going to be able to watch is a bunch of animals mating on national geographic.

You don't need to pull a show because of a single person's actions. How is that fair to viewers, all the people who work on the show, and in this case, the other contestants?

At this rate, all we are going to be able to watch is a bunch of animals mating on national geographic.
I’m not necessarily saying they should have. I’m just saying that I don’t think it’s knee jerk reaction. Think they feel they have to weigh calculated risks of pulling it vs not. In the current climate, they probably figure it’ll cost them more not to pull it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter