Greek Adventure Trip Report

Wow! So many DISer's & ABD Alums!

Safe travels, all, and have an amazing trip! Even though I had a fantastic time in Hawaii, I'm jealous of you guys going on this trip! :goodvibes

Sayhello

I'm looking forward to hearing about it, as we are still deciding next year's Adventure. (One trip and we are HOOKED! :goodvibes )
Right now, a summer week in Cape May and 8 nights in WDW in January will have to keep me happy! princess:

We are here! All went fairly smoothly and and reps met us as soon as we got through customs. Will take lots of notes for later report!

We are here and already enjoying ourselves. We have met WeloveABD, meflick and tufbuf. Wonderful putting faces to names. I'm keeping a trip report log on my computer and will report some when we return. A nice note to mention. On the 9th floor of the hotel is a Michelin one star restaurant. It's a little too pricey to take our family of 5, but not outrageous for a couple. The best thing about it, not knowing what the food is like from a personal perspective, is the amazing view of the Parthenon at night.
A tip for anyone coming on this trip. We downloaded Rick Steves audio tour of the national museum on our ipods and phones and listened to them as we toured the museum. It was my husband's idea and worked out really well. Even our kids liked it. We had to share earbuds (only one ear each)for my son and I, so we were kind of like conjoined twins for a few hours. My son says, no we weren't. Anyway, there are a number of Athens tours that you can get from Rick Steves.
More ideas as we get them.

We are here and already enjoying ourselves. We have met WeloveABD, meflick and tufbuf. Wonderful putting faces to names. I'm keeping a trip report log on my computer and will report some when we return. A nice note to mention. On the 9th floor of the hotel is a Michelin one star restaurant. It's a little too pricey to take our family of 5, but not outrageous for a couple. The best thing about it, not knowing what the food is like from a personal perspective, is the amazing view of the Parthenon at night.
A tip for anyone coming on this trip. We downloaded Rick Steves audio tour of the national museum on our ipods and phones and listened to them as we toured the museum. It was my husband's idea and worked out really well. Even our kids liked it. We had to share earbuds (only one ear each)for my son and I, so we were kind of like conjoined twins for a few hours. My son says, no we weren't. Anyway, there are a number of Athens tours that you can get from Rick Steves.
More ideas as we get them.

Sounds like such fun! :cool1:

FYI--posted a full trip report (text only, sorry)--in the trip report section of the disboards.

What a great trip report, WeLoveABD!!! It took me back to a couple of weeks ago and how much fun we all had. All my DH is saying is he misses the group but I tell him that was too special and he has to move on. ;) If I find the time, I might post a few photos when I get back. Right now, I'm typing this as I wait for more cloud clearance from the Matterhorn....

tufbuf said:
What a great trip report, WeLoveABD!!! It took me back to a couple of weeks ago and how much fun we all had. All my DH is saying is he misses the group but I tell him that was too special and he has to move on. ;) If I find the time, I might post a few photos when I get back. Right now, I'm typing this as I wait for more cloud clearance from the Matterhorn....

We feel the same way, and we traveled in May! We talk about our wonderful group all the time! Luckily, we've been able to keep in touch with most. ABD certainly knows how to bring people together!

Thanks! I hope the weather clears and you guys have a great time! I may yet figure out how to get photos into my trip report--but even better would be for the other disboarders on our trip to add their thoughts about the trip (and include things I missed), and photos too! (We have about 800 to sort through--we are making a two-book album via Shutterfly, but are waiting for the ABD disk to include some of those photos).

Great trip report. It takes the pressure off me, I'll never get to it. We had a fabulous time on this trip. Our kids have already all friended each other on facebook and are sharing photos.

My only addition, is the last hotel didn't have conditioner in the room, but WELOVeABD found some in the spa and shared it with us. So thanks for that. A good hat with a wide brim is also a wonderful thing to have on this trip. We could have used more time at Kamari Beach and less to shop in Oia, but you already said that.

I made an eggplant dish last night that was from the first restaurant in Santorini, the one where we all hiked up to the church after dinner and took photos and saw the sunset. The dish came out great. Thanks to Mary for translating what the waiter said when I asked how it was made.

Ah--the hike up to the church for sunset...one of the many moments I didn't write down in my nightly journal, but which make up so much of the fabric of this trip. I may have to amend the report after I review all of my photos--although egad it is so long as it is! Maybe we should all just supplement the report with photos?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter