Greek Adventure Trip Report

That is exactly why I have not posted photos. I do not want to ruin the surprises or beauty you will see on the trip. It is also the reason I did not give too much detail about each day. I promised Chris I would not give anything away about the trip and allow you guys to experience it the same way we did. Each day is a new surprise. Just make sure you have several memory cards for your camera. As a photography bug, I would recommend a few 4 to 8 gig cards so if the card goes bad, you do not lose all your photos. I took over 1000 and others on our trip had over 2000 between the two fo them.

I was happy to share and if anything I posted helps in anyway it is a bonus. I am getting excited for you guys. Enjoy your trip and I expect to hear how it went.

Donna

I was so paranoid about losing photos that I downloaded my card every night! I thought I took a lot with 750. Lol:goodvibes

I was so paranoid about losing photos that I downloaded my card every night! I thought I took a lot with 750. Lol:goodvibes
I'm with you! My 8 gig memory card died on the last night of my Med cruise. Thank heavens I downloaded most of them to my iPad every night!!! I've been very religious about doing it ever since!

And you guys are amateurs! ;) I took over 3,000 pics in London & Paris!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

I downloaded my pictures everynight as well. I have about 1000 that I kept. You better believe that after carrying multiple lenses and filters all that way I was definitely taking a lot of photos, but you can miss a lot if you are spending your vacation looking through a camera.

I downloaded my pictures everynight as well. I have about 1000 that I kept. You better believe that after carrying multiple lenses and filters all that way I was definitely taking a lot of photos, but you can miss a lot if you are spending your vacation looking through a camera.

Agree! I take our regular bulky camera and a small camera--let the kids have the small one to take photos of interest (keeps them interested as well--and often they have great shots!). At the end, we select our favorites for a book (using Shutterfly)--and last trip downloaded onto a laptop as we went (and where possible sent those to Shutterfly to keep until we got back to start on the photo album). Can't say I miss the days of rolls of film--especially the horrors of lost film rolls, shots that didn't come out like I expected and paying for photos of thumbs!

I'm with you! My 8 gig memory card died on the last night of my Med cruise. Thank heavens I downloaded most of them to my iPad every night!!! I've been very religious about doing it ever since!

And you guys are amateurs! ;) I took over 3,000 pics in London & Paris!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

DH had just gotten an iPad but we didn't realize it didn't have a card slot. (Dopey us:sad2:) I had my Acer Notebook with me and downloaded nightly.

I went to the Apple store this week because I figured there HAD to be a way to download from a photo card - and sure enough, I found the adapter and purchased it. :rolleyes1 I guess I should spend some more time READING the iPad user guide to see what ELSE it does. :lmao: I'm just happy we can only travel with the iPad now for email, photo downloading, and internet! Certainly a lot lighter!

DH had just gotten an iPad but we didn't realize it didn't have a card slot. (Dopey us:sad2:) I had my Acer Notebook with me and downloaded nightly.

I went to the Apple store this week because I figured there HAD to be a way to download from a photo card - and sure enough, I found the adapter and purchased it. :rolleyes1 I guess I should spend some more time READING the iPad user guide to see what ELSE it does. :lmao: I'm just happy we can only travel with the iPad now for email, photo downloading, and internet! Certainly a lot lighter!
What generation iPad does he have? I have the original one, and I *used* to be able to set it up to be a hard drive, and download photos from it to my PC. I tried to do that after my Hawaii trip last week, and found they'd disabled that option in the current software. I actually had to buy 3rd party software to get my pictures off the iPad! (And yes, the camera adapter is great. Did you get the kit with both the card reader & the USB camera connector? Because that USB port works with other USB devices besides a camera.)

Sayhello

Sorry, we have you all beat on the photo thing. My husband brings the giant camera with the huge lenses. Three of us bring our point and shoots. My husband also brings a high def video camera (all the point and shoot and the big canon have video too). He took more than 3000 photos in China. That doesn't include the nearly 1000 each of us took with the other cameras. In the past, we just brought a dozen photo cards and kept changing. My husband bought a small netbook computer, he is planning on bringing to Greece. The netbook doesn't have a photo slot either, but we already had a few adapters around, so that works just fine. OMG, how did we ever travel before with just rolls of film and not knowing how the photos looked until we developed them?

2 days until we leave. We are very excited.

Sorry, we have you all beat on the photo thing. My husband brings the giant camera with the huge lenses. Three of us bring our point and shoots. My husband also brings a high def video camera (all the point and shoot and the big canon have video too). He took more than 3000 photos in China. That doesn't include the nearly 1000 each of us took with the other cameras. In the past, we just brought a dozen photo cards and kept changing. My husband bought a small netbook computer, he is planning on bringing to Greece. The netbook doesn't have a photo slot either, but we already had a few adapters around, so that works just fine. OMG, how did we ever travel before with just rolls of film and not knowing how the photos looked until we developed them?

Wow! Well short of hiring my own camera crew to follow us around, I'd say you have definately beat us all on the photo thing! Looking forward to seeing you in Athens--glad the political situation has cooled down (just a bit, and just for now), and that my Euros will still be valid tender there!

Yep, got me beat, too. I had my days of shlepping the big camera & the monster lenses, and I got tired of it. :) I'm plenty happy with my fancy point-and-shoot now! But I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

I *hated* the rolls of film. Constantly worrying about where they were, which ones were exposed, which ones weren't, counting them over & over, & spending hundreds of dollars to have them all developed, just to find out a large number of them did not turn out (because I bracketed like nobody's business). Worrying about the film not going through the scanners (I had a bunch ruined that way.)

Sayhello

What generation iPad does he have? I have the original one, and I *used* to be able to set it up to be a hard drive, and download photos from it to my PC. I tried to do that after my Hawaii trip last week, and found they'd disabled that option in the current software. I actually had to buy 3rd party software to get my pictures off the iPad! (And yes, the camera adapter is great. Did you get the kit with both the card reader & the USB camera connector? Because that USB port works with other USB devices besides a camera.)

Sayhello

He has the brand new iPad... The adapter I purchased has both the card reader and camera connecter, so that's great that the USB port will work too. I will have to try that, since I have video on a portable usb thingy. So sad to be so tech-unsavvy. :rotfl:

thanks for the tip on the I-Pad/camera connector--went to the Apple store today to get the device (two, as noted--one plugs into the camera, and the other lets you plug the camera card right into the I-Pad). It is amazing how light the I-Pad is, too--my e-reader feels so heavy by comparison! Anyway--just a big shout out of thanks to the disboards for all of the great trip ideas and tips! I doubt I'll be doing a report as we go, but will do something (maybe even with photos!) when we get back!

thanks for the tip on the I-Pad/camera connector--went to the Apple store today to get the device (two, as noted--one plugs into the camera, and the other lets you plug the camera card right into the I-Pad). It is amazing how light the I-Pad is, too--my e-reader feels so heavy by comparison! Anyway--just a big shout out of thanks to the disboards for all of the great trip ideas and tips! I doubt I'll be doing a report as we go, but will do something (maybe even with photos!) when we get back!

Are you flying tomorrow? Can't believe the time has come!! :)

Have a *fabulous* trip!!! :goodvibes

Sayhello

Are you flying tomorrow? Can't believe the time has come!! :)

we are--taking the Disney-provided transport from San Diego to LAX, and the adventure begins! (We won't be at the Athens hotel until around 9 PM on the 20th--flying to Istanbul then switching planes to fly to Athens).

we are--taking the Disney-provided transport from San Diego to LAX, and the adventure begins! (We won't be at the Athens hotel until around 9 PM on the 20th--flying to Istanbul then switching planes to fly to Athens).

Have a safe trip! We'll see you there!

We fly out Wednesday June 20 at 4 pm. We have a direct flight from Philadelphia (Disney transportation woo hoo to airport) to Athens and we arrive around 9 am on June 21 for our pre day. Safe travels to all. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for the wishes SayHello and SingingMom! Seems like lots of ABD "vets" on this trip--but I have no doubt Disney will still delight and surprise!

Have a wonderful time, both of you!!!:cool1:

Thank you so much! :cool1:

We fly out Wednesday June 20 at 4 pm. We have a direct flight from Philadelphia (Disney transportation woo hoo to airport) to Athens and we arrive around 9 am on June 21 for our pre day. Safe travels to all. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Wow! That's a great flight!! We are leaving earlier than you but we are arriving much later. :rotfl: anyway looking forward to meeting everyone as well. :goodvibes

Wow! So many DISer's & ABD Alums!

Safe travels, all, and have an amazing trip! Even though I had a fantastic time in Hawaii, I'm jealous of you guys going on this trip! :goodvibes

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter