Gringotts Reviews starting to come in

This kind of thing makes me angry.. This ride been planned for 2-3 years. They COULD of made time. I feel they should of. Yes HP is over for them, yet without HP they would not be famous....
They were so lucky to get the dream roles and its selfish I feel.
As damo said it would have been maybe half a day!
Daniel is out spoken about wanting to be rid of HP. Yea maybe its frustrating for him, yet he needs to remember HP is huge and many wanted his role.

Rupert made time to do it I think.
Emma may be busy but not for 2 years!
oh well

That's how I feel. I also think it is pretty silly if any of the actors think they'll ever not be associated with the franchise.

I never understand actors wanting to not be associated with such a major roll.
I mean come on you were Harry Potter! I would be proud of that. And it's where your started. I can understand not wanting to be type cast but to suddenly be above it is ridiculous.

George Clooney finished out his contract with ER even after his movie stardom shot through the roof because he felt it was important to honor his word.

A few years later, he had a cameo with his on again off again love Nurse Hathaway. It took a day to film, was done way off site (his character was living in the woods by a lake), and was an OMG moment for ER fans.

When asked why he took the time to do that, he genuinely seemed surprised by the question, and stated something along the lines that ER was his big break and he owed them everything, it was the least he could do.

Class.

Some articles say yes, others say no. That Diagon Alley special on TV seemed to imply the scenes were shot a couple years ago so who knows. I always feel it's pretty crappy of stars to turn their back on the show/franchise that made them who they are. It's not likely that anyone would ever hear of Daniel Radcliffe or Emma Watson had it not been for Harry Potter.

Maybe not AS famous, but recently I read that DR's mom is a casting director. So I have a feeling we would have seen him in *something* eventually...

It would have taken either of them half a day to record that voice (if that) and it could have been done anywhere. I don't think time was the issue. I would bet it was a money related thing and a desire to separate themselves from the franchise...which isn't going to go over well with fans. If many of the other cast members could do it, I'm sure they could have as well.

:thumbsup2

I get that it's weird to be an adult, and followed by a decision you made when you were 9. But that's where one HOPES parents got involved and stayed involved, reminding them of their excitement and how the decisions were made, and how they owe a ton. I'm just a normal person but my mom helped out with my decisions up until she died when I was 30, and I don't see why actors should be any different.

Gymnasts, swimmers, etc, make the same very early decisions that change their whole lives...

George Clooney finished out his contract with ER even after his movie stardom shot through the roof because he felt it was important to honor his word.

A few years later, he had a cameo with his on again off again love Nurse Hathaway. It took a day to film, was done way off site (his character was living in the woods by a lake), and was an OMG moment for ER fans.

When asked why he took the time to do that, he genuinely seemed surprised by the question, and stated something along the lines that ER was his big break and he owed them everything, it was the least he could do.

Class.

That's fabulous. :) And I remember that whole time, too!

yep gonna try it. I think I normally hold my breath in fear lol so I just breath out as we're about to drop?

And breathe out the whole drop. That's where it can look funny in the picture, because it takes practice to smile and look excited, while measuring your exhale to keep it going, LOL. I sort of look like I'm doing a math problem on some pictures, since I started doing that. It really does help ME, though. I hope it helps someone else.

I don't understand the actor(s) in question either. I would think the whole George C attitude would be mine - if I were ever so lucky to be put in such a position ......NOT!! :rotfl:

But in fairness to them, and I obviously can't speak for them or understand their motives, I don't know what they've been through with this whole HP life changing experience. Nor what they were offered, negotiations ... etc. etc. etc.

It's a tough one to judge IMO.

Look at someone like Mark Hamill (sp?), a.k.a Luke Skywalker -- it was the greatest role, it was the worst role. Although he was a working actor after the Star Wars business ended, in truth that was really it. He could never (still can't) do anything else ever again ... he will always be Luke Skywalker. For me (and likely you :thumbsup2:lmao: -- fellow DIS Board member) that would be cool :cool1: --- but we're not them, and in truth don't know what it takes or what one goes through.

All I'm trying to say is that - it's tough to walk a mile in someone else's shoe's.

I'm not a HUGE HP fan (still a fan), but I am disappointed that they and Universal couldn't get it together. It's likely that these attractions will be there for years long after these actors are dead (sorry not trying to sound morbid); wouldn't you want the display of your life's passion untarnished? I think I would -- but then again, I'm not them. It's a hard one IMO.

Just a thought.

Look at someone like Mark Hamill (sp?), a.k.a Luke Skywalker -- it was the greatest role, it was the worst role. Although he was a working actor after the Star Wars business ended, in truth that was really it. He could never (still can't) do anything else ever again ... he will always be Luke Skywalker.

But he has had an AMAZING career in voiceovers. For instance he has been The Joker in animated features for years and years. His imdb page is astonishing.

And with him in particular, the accident (and seemingly less than perfect plastic surgery to fix the damage) he had between the first and second movies probably altered the course of his career as a movie idol from where he would have gone. His looks changed so much.

I have recently had the chance to work with Daniel in NYC as the company I work for does promo work for the theater company that produces his current Broadway show. Daniel is very proud of his work on Potter and will discuss it with ease when asked, he does not however want to play Harry any longer. He feels he is far too old for it and he needed the break and to me I find that perfectly understandable. He spent a good portion of his life as Harry Potter, half of his life in fact and all of his teenage years and he wants to be Daniel now. I don't see that as turning his back on it or anything of sort but rather growing up and being who he is.

I just think judging the actors on this is kind of unfair. They played a role that they signed a contract for and that contract was not a life long commitment to lend themselves out to any and all future projects that might come along. Daniel has always joked that the only way he'd put on Harry again was if JKR asked him to and she promised him that she'd at least give him a 10 year break before doing so lol.

But really, Dan is not anti-Potter nor is he ungrateful for what Potter has afforded him in life, but he also worked his butt off on it for a decade, it wasn't just handed to him. He literally grew up as Harry Potter and I find nothing wrong at all with him just wanting to focus on being Daniel Radcliffe now.

I have recently had the chance to work with Daniel in NYC as the company I work for does promo work for the theater company that produces his current Broadway show. Daniel is very proud of his work on Potter and will discuss it with ease when asked, he does not however want to play Harry any longer. He feels he is far too old for it and he needed the break and to me I find that perfectly understandable. He spent a good portion of his life as Harry Potter, half of his life in fact and all of his teenage years and he wants to be Daniel now. I don't see that as turning his back on it or anything of sort but rather growing up and being who he is.

I just think judging the actors on this is kind of unfair. They played a role that they signed a contract for and that contract was not a life long commitment to lend themselves out to any and all future projects that might come along. Daniel has always joked that the only way he'd put on Harry again was if JKR asked him to and she promised him that she'd at least give him a 10 year break before doing so lol.

But really, Dan is not anti-Potter nor is he ungrateful for what Potter has afforded him in life, but he also worked his butt off on it for a decade, it wasn't just handed to him. He literally grew up as Harry Potter and I find nothing wrong at all with him just wanting to focus on being Daniel Radcliffe now.

Well said and I agree..I saw him on broadway in Equus ..He was fantastic

But he has had an AMAZING career in voiceovers. For instance he has been The Joker in animated features for years and years. His imdb page is astonishing.

And with him in particular, the accident (and seemingly less than perfect plastic surgery to fix the damage) he had between the first and second movies probably altered the course of his career as a movie idol from where he would have gone. His looks changed so much.

Yeah you're right / I would think so.

I think the balance is that, and this is my thinking only, I think it must be tough on the ego to go from being 'the center of universe' and then falling off that plateau / it coming to an end .... knowing that likely it will never come back / you will always be known, above all, for that one thing and that one thing only.

First world problems of the rich and famous! :rotfl: ... wish I had em ;)

Will this ride make me motion sick? FJ does.

And... can I have dinner with Daniel, Mark, and George? I love them all -- really, don't care what they star in next (and love Mark no matter how his face looked after New Hope). :)

So out of all this, I'm hoping in ten years we may see him again in some role?
Perhaps as Hogwarts' Headmaster? The poor guy! And thinking more of the voice overs- with all the impersonators out there, you would think 'they' might have found someone that sounded more like Emma Watson.

I am soooo looking forward to my September trip!

So out of all this, I'm hoping in ten years we may see him again in some role?
Wraps as Hogwarts' Headmaster? The poor guy! And thinking more of the voice overs- with all the impersonators out there, you would think 'they' might have found someone that sounded more like Emma Watson.

I am soooo looking forward to my September trip!

Um I'm confused to you mean see Dan again in a Potter role or any role at all?

Because if you mean any role at all then that makes no sense. His first post Potter film Woman in Black was considered a huge horror hit, his second Kill Your Darlings was very well received and was considered one of the main hits at Sundance. He also just finished filming the newest version of Frankenstein with James McAvoy which is scheduled for world wide release in 2015 as well as two other films set for the same year in F-Word and Horns. He also played the lead role for a year in a Broadway musical, the lead in a West End play and is once again currently on Broadway in a lead role.

The man hasn't exactly fallen off the radar at all, his face is currently on every other street corner in NYC as well as 30 foot tall billboard in Times Square. lol

Is there a chicken exit for Gringotts like HPFJ? I know my little guy would love the walkthrough but not the ride.

there has to be. I go through all the lines with my husband even if I'm not riding.
as he needs nelp navigating due to low vision. but een when he could see better, I would go through just t keep him company.. at the ride, I just tell the CM or TM that I'm not riding ans they tell me where to go.

Um I'm confused to you mean see Dan again in a Potter role or any role at all?

Because if you mean any role at all then that makes no sense. His first post Potter film Woman in Black was considered a huge horror hit, his second Kill Your Darlings was very well received and was considered one of the main hits at Sundance. He also just finished filming the newest version of Frankenstein with James McAvoy which is scheduled for world wide release in 2015 as well as two other films set for the same year in F-Word and Horns. He also played the lead role for a year in a Broadway musical, the lead in a West End play and is once again currently on Broadway in a lead role.

The man hasn't exactly fallen off the radar at all, his face is currently on every other street corner in NYC as well as 30 foot tall billboard in Times Square. lol

Specifically reprising his role in the HP franchise. I have kept track of things he has done. Equus was phenomenal. I will not see horror shows, but appreciate his Broadway endeavors!:thumbsup2

Specifically reprising his role in the HP franchise. I have kept track of things he has done. Equus was phenomenal. I will not see horror shows, but appreciate his Broadway endeavors!:thumbsup2

I think it will take quite a bit of work to get Dan to do anything Potter related film wise again. He's joked about it with Jo but it's doubtful he'd ever do anything serious. He might do a small cameo or something one day but he's pretty much stated he is done.

His first post Potter film Woman in Black was considered a huge horror hit, his second Kill Your Darlings was very well received and was considered one of the main hits at Sundance. He also just finished filming the newest version of Frankenstein with James McAvoy which is scheduled for world wide release in 2015 as well as two other films set for the same year in F-Word and Horns. He also played the lead role for a year in a Broadway musical, the lead in a West End play and is once again currently on Broadway in a lead role.

FWIW....horror film...film I've never heard of (I don't follow Sundance)...horror film... 2 movies in production I've never heard of....Broadway show, West End show, and Broadway show.

Slightly difficult for a person like me to follow him when he's in movies I'm not going to see or hadn't heard of, and to those of us who don't go to NYC or to plays in London.

If it weren't for dailymail.co.uk and TMZ, I wouldn't have even been aware of Equus.

So to a person like me, he has actually fallen off the planet. Except for on gossip sites, of course.

Is there a chicken exit for Gringotts like HPFJ? I know my little guy would love the walkthrough but not the ride.

Of course.

FWIW....horror film...film I've never heard of (I don't follow Sundance)...horror film... 2 movies in production I've never heard of....Broadway show, West End show, and Broadway show.

Slightly difficult for a person like me to follow him when he's in movies I'm not going to see or hadn't heard of, and to those of us who don't go to NYC or to plays in London.

If it weren't for dailymail.co.uk and TMZ, I wouldn't have even been aware of Equus.

So to a person like me, he has actually fallen off the planet. Except for on gossip sites, of course.

Yes he's not off doing high profile things like Potter was and he really doesn't want to do those kind of projects so he says. However, he is the one out of all the young Potter cast actually doing significant and acclaimed work since the franchise ended. Two major Broadway runs(one that earned him the title Entertainer the Year by Entertainment Weekly), the West End run of Cripple of Innishman, host of SNL, and Woman in Black ended up being a box office hit for a horror film. Frankenstein will probably be the closest to a "blockbuster" that he's done since Potter due to the size, scope and studio.

He's been successful post Potter, more so than any of the others and he is working his butt off. You might not care to see what he is doing but it doesn't mean he's not doing things.:confused3

It's so sad, reading everyone's expectations on here, "does it go upside down? won't the glasses go flying off?" when I reality, after riding it, I'd get more thrills putting my recliner back during a 3d movie.. I think when all is said, everyone will agree, we expected so much more than what Universal has delivered.. Poor show... Poor show... (OK, back to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter