Gringotts Reviews starting to come in

It's so sad, reading everyone's expectations on here, "does it go upside down? won't the glasses go flying off?" when I reality, after riding it, I'd get more thrills putting my recliner back during a 3d movie.. I think when all is said, everyone will agree, we expected so much more than what Universal has delivered.. Poor show... Poor show... (OK, back to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.)

I have to say that as a ride wimp this actually makes me happy. I know lots of people want bigger, badder coasters but there's a lot of peeps like myself who don't want to be scared stupid. I enjoy a ride that doesn't throw me all over the place (they have FJ for that) and instead gives me something fun and themed. :confused3

I have to say that as a ride wimp this actually makes me happy. I know lots of people want bigger, badder coasters but there's a lot of peeps like myself who don't want to be scared stupid. I enjoy a ride that doesn't throw me all over the place (they have FJ for that) and instead gives me something fun and themed. :confused3

Yeah me too. When they said more family friendly ride, I was happy.:thumbsup2

I am so happy too!!! I have two 6 year olds and we are NOT ride people. I mean, you know, I'm happy with Small World and Peter Pan, and I know I can't ride any of the other rides, so this news makes my whole family happy. FINALLY, a ride my whole family can ride!

It's so sad, reading everyone's expectations on here, "does it go upside down? won't the glasses go flying off?" when I reality, after riding it, I'd get more thrills putting my recliner back during a 3d movie.. I think when all is said, everyone will agree, we expected so much more than what Universal has delivered.. Poor show... Poor show... (OK, back to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.)

Is it REALLY so hard to accept that you hold a minority position? Based on the many, many reviews which you can easily Google, most people who have ridden this ride don't agree with you. It appears most people have really enjoyed Gringotts and aren't disappointed, the way you were. And that's okay! Really!

The Internet is a big place, so there's probably someone else out there who was also disappointed with the ride. Maybe someday you'll find each other! :lmao:

Is it REALLY so hard to accept that you hold a minority position? Based on the many, many reviews which you can easily Google, most people who have ridden this ride don't agree with you. It appears most people have really enjoyed Gringotts and aren't disappointed, the way you were. And that's okay! Really! The Internet is a big place, so there's probably someone else out there who was also disappointed with the ride. Maybe someday you'll find each other! :lmao:

Couldn't have said it better...can't please them all, just most.

I'll be at the parks in August to try the ride. At first I was a bit disappointed when they announced last year that this would be a family friendly ride. I wanted a faster paced coaster because that's what I expected based on the movies. I at least thought we'd get something on the level of The Mummy.

But sometimes creative people give you what you need and not what you think you want. The more I read up on the technological innovation and theming, I warmed up to the idea of a ride the family could enjoy. And after talking to my girlfriend about it, I am very happy that this is something she'll likely enjoy. She likes the parks but is a bit of a ride chicken, she'll do the coasters for me, but she always has to work herself up. I'm glad Universal put in another ride that she can enjoy without having to psyche herself out. I think the resort as a whole needs more rides like that. I'll still have the mummy, FJ, Hulk, DD, and RRR for the bigger thrills. :thumbsup2

Big thrills or not though, I can't wait to experience it. Based on the reviews I am expecting it to blow my socks off.:yay:

We were at the parks Saturday, July 12th. We loved FJ - what a great attraction. As for Gringotts, we were a party of 5. We got in the single rider line while the attendant told us we would wait about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. We were in line for about 50 minutes and all 5 of us got to ride together. It was a great attraction as well but felt FJ was much better. Would never wait 3+ hours in the regular line. One in our party was chosen in Olivander's and was on cloud 9!

49983_ff8f44d9dd71d05c3ae5c15b4fb69fb6.png

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm serious. I was expecting so much more..

I think when all is said, everyone will agree, we expected so much more than what Universal has delivered.. Poor show... Poor show...

I seriously doubt many agree with you :rotfl:

Have you read all the reviews? I imagine you would choose to ignore them anyway by what you have written so far.

I'm sure it's far more likely that nobody at all agrees with this sentiment. As for you getting more thrills when you put your recliner back during a movie...guess it depends on what kind of movie it is and what you do when you put the recliner back and I'm sure that every will agree that you can keep those details to yourself. :lmao:

Contrarian much?

As someone who went to Disneyland first time in 1955 and so many visits to Disney I can't even recall, someone who MET WD and actually spent a considerable amount of time sitting at a table next to him, his wife and guests and visiting with him as a young child (with parents of course), a small stockholder in the company... I just find this blind devotion to Disney oddly bizarre. If not an employee of the company....even weirder.

Oh well, maybe the long, long waits will be cut down if this poster and those like him stay on Disney property. This 'dark side' thing is so silly IMHO.:sad1:

Well then, one has to ask the question...Why are you that upset over an inanimate object? I will admit, I too, thought the Gringotts attraction would be more of an roller coaster; however, someone had already pointed out, they chose to make the ride more family orientated. Honestly, that is definitely not a bad thing. It is what it is and frankly, it put Universal in a positive light, as it shows that they are not necessarily all about "high thrills".....

i'm sure it's far more likely that nobody at all agrees with this sentiment. As for you getting more thrills when you put your recliner back during a movie...guess it depends on what kind of movie it is and what you do when you put the recliner back and i'm sure that every will agree that you can keep those details to yourself. :lmao:

lmao!

Universal has been slammed by some for not having enough that's family friendly so I can see why they might have chosen to go in that direction. If they truly want to be a resort for everyone, they probably will have to add even more of such things.

I like a bit of thrill too but for me it's mostly about the theming.

You know after riding the ride I can say it was really a fun ride. I wouldn't wait hours for it again but it was fun. The queue is great....the goblins bother me because many are not that impressive as far as movements go. The elevator ride and everything are really great. You do feel as if you are in the movie and with the characters but you know the ride stops way to much. Like you go speed up and as it gets going you stop to watch a scene. The car spinning and tilting and all are very cool and I did enjoy the ride. Yet the coaster portions weren't very thrilling for a coaster and the ride itself is once again all video screens. Family's will like it for sure although Forbbiden Journey was a little better in my opinion. So a very good ride...just maybe I was expecting more. (Also worth the trip for sure)

You know after riding the ride I can say it was really a fun ride. I wouldn't wait hours for it again but it was fun. The queue is great....the goblins bother me because many are not that impressive as far as movements go. The elevator ride and everything are really great. You do feel as if you are in the movie and with the characters but you know the ride stops way to much. Like you go speed up and as it gets going you stop to watch a scene. The car spinning and tilting and all are very cool and I did enjoy the ride. Yet the coaster portions weren't very thrilling for a coaster and the ride itself is once again all video screens. Family's will like it for sure although Forbbiden Journey was a little better in my opinion. So a very good ride...just maybe I was expecting more. (Also worth the trip for sure)

It's not all video screens. There is a lot of actual scenery. Watch the night vision youtube and you can see what is screens and what is scenery. There are no animatronics in the ride if that's what you meant.

I'll be there in less than one week. Whether the ride stinks, is awesome or somewhere in between; I'm excited to test it out.

I'll be there in a week also. The night vision video makes me want to ride it even more. Just not looking forward to the long wait.

I guess as others have said they needed more of a family ride. In some ways I think yea they did, in other ways I feel you want family rides go to Disney.
However I know that is me being selfish as I love thrill rides :)

Uni for me has always been a bit more grown up and about the thrills more than Disney. I just hope the next HP attraction and I am sure there will be another, is more thrills.

That said I am still looking forward to going on this ride very much.. I know what to expect so it should be very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter