Grocery store items that you have forgotten to buy

KandK'smom

Earning My Ears
We are two weeks away from our much anticipated trip to WDW! When we stop at the grocery store on our way in to our room, we will have 30 minutes to shop. What are some items that we need to make sure to buy- and what are some items that maybe you have not gotten and wish you had once you went inside the parks? I already have used these boards for so much great info. Just yesterday I got our sunscreen- yee ha! after such a long winter here. I just want to maximize that half hour and not have to send DH out to an expensive on-site store to get those "I forgot it" items. Thanks everyone!

1. Bottled water (the sport bottle's that you pay $0.99 at home are $2.50 in the parks & resorts).
2. Milk
3. Juice
4. Juice boxes
5. If you are planning on having either lunch or dinner in your room or at your resort, you may want to pick up PB&J & bread
6. Chips, Doritoes, etc. You may want to get these in the snack size bags to be able to bring them with you to the parks.
7. Breakfast stuff like cereal (to make life a little easier try to get the one's in the pre-packaged bowls), bagels, Pop-Tarts, Nutragrain bars.
8. Snack things like cheese & crackers or stuff like that. This is handy & will save $$.

If I think of any more, I'll let you know!

zipper top snack and sandwich bags if you don't bring them in your luggage. we use them to individually package treats and to bring wet washcloths to keep the kids cool. the sandwich size bags are also good for protecting cameras, film etc from rain or wet rides.

fresh fruit is expensive in the parks too. we buy it at the grocery stop too.

Suntan lotion. A botlle that would have been $4 at home was $12.

....and more beer:p

Something that I plan to pack for our trip in a few weeks is PJ Squares. It is "Peaduh budda and jeddy" (as my DD2 calls it)packaged like a slice of cheese. You just open the slice and pop it on bread. You don't even have to refridgerate them.I haven't tasted it myself, but my kids like them. If you will have a fridge in your room Smuckers Uncrustables are also perfect. I have tried these and they are very good. I also bought a large (30 count) package of the small individual sized boxes of cereal, some plastic bowls, dole fruit cups, 2 cases of bottled water, pop tarts, Sunny D type drinks, large packs of beef jerky, snack sized chips and crackers. On the way in we will be stopping for some bread and milk.

We always use Tiffany Town car and take advantage of the grocery stop. Don't worry - 30 minutes will be plenty. I usually have a list written ahead of time and have never taken more than 15-20 minutes.

We get cold breakfast stuff for the room usually cereal, bagels and coffee. I get juice boxes and parmelat milk along with a few big gulps or cans of soda. This way they don't have to be kept cold but can be chilled before hand or poured over ice. I also do a bit of lunch, tuna lunch kits, peanut butter and bread. Lots of bottled water as I don't care for FL water and its pricey in the parks. We also stock up on some snacks, raw vegies like carrots and grape tomatoes and fruit - again fruit that dosen't require refrigeration. I also get a styrafoam cooler (usually cheap) and some ice. I have been able to pack the cooler right in the trunk of TTC! Zip lock bags are also a must for us - I carry a few all the time!

If your traveling with kids it helps to have their "back up" good foods on hand. I find we eat alot of junky food and fast foods at WDW. I know I can put out some raw carrots and apple for a snack and take care of the veggies for the day! Most of the restaurants will substitute grapes or carrots for the fries btw - sorry to digress....

I try and go through a day at home and make a note, written or mental, of what we are eating/using esp the kids. Then I take the note, pare it down a bit and make a plan and list.

Oh - and don't forget the Beer :-)
TJ

if you have little ones we have found it indispensible to bring bandaids, cortisone cream, tylenol, a thermometer and all the first aid stuff which eats up $$ and time if you have to buy there.

Lip Balm with sunscreen in it! There is NOTHING worse than sunburned lips! :eek:

Oh, and extra batteries for cameras and walkie-talkies.

And wet-ones anti bacterial hand wipes.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser
Water
Pop-2 ltrs
Paper Towels
Paper or Plastic Cups
Shout for laundry
Fruit
Diapers

Just because I don't think it can be said too much - don't forget <i>the beer</i>!

But seriously, the coffee - I buy those individual coffee bags that look like tea bags. Most rooms don't include coffeemakers.

Coffee - soda - snacks ... the 3 things I spend too much money for on-site!

Bring coffee and filters from home if you are making coffee.

Breakfast cereal bars
Granola bars for snacks
Pop Tarts
Apple sauce
PB&J fixins
Coffee
Cream
Sugar
Sodas
Bottled water
Chips
Juice boxes
Gatorade powder
Beef jerky
Mixed nuts

This is our usual grocery list for travel. You would be surprised at how handy Ziploc bags - gallon and sandwich - can be in the parks. We water proof darn near everything in our backpack inside these things. Even with rain everyday last trip, nothing got wet in the backpack! Mickey

Please no one take offense to this, but when we were down in January something we did forget for DD (12) and paid a lot of money for at the WL was feminine products. Arrrggg it cost us a fortune! Oh yeah and don't forget the beer, lol!

Faith, trust, and pixie dust to you!

Don't forget film for the camera and extra batteries

On our first two trips we kept on running out just before parades, and character meals and had to buy film in the park

EXPENSIVE !

Helle

CSR 2003 - 82 days and counting....

beer schmeer......go with the frozen mudslides .....yum! Tastes good on a warm nite at the pool :) Love those blenders :)

Most hotel/motel rooms have tiny trash cans. Usually one in the bathroom, and one next to the dresser. We found that buying a box of cheap plastic trash bags come in real handy!

After eating all the snacks, drinking all the juices and sodas, gobbling down the delivered pizza, etc., there's never enough room in the tiny trash cans to throw the empty soda bottles, pizza cartons, etc. The table becomes a dumping spot for all the empties. Your housekeeper will appreciate having one nicely tied bag to throw out each day.

Also, don't forget the paper plates, cups, and napkins. You use them more than you know. They come in handy if your room provides a microwave. (Remember: no room in the tiny trash cans for plates, cups and namkins! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter