Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

So question - it appears the last of the previews (AP/DVC/CM/Golden Oak/Media, etc.) end on 5/21 but the official start date is 5/27. Is there any possibility that CMs may pull people from Epcot that week to ride? Maybe during early entry or extended hours that Monday? We will be there and I am wondering if we want to spend any time stalking the area, lol. I think I remember that happening with Remy, but I could just be hallucinating from lack of sleep and obsessing over preview queues.

actually there might be one more sign up remaining.
Castmembers Only are “previewing “ end of April dates and they might be given another signup to bring family or friend.
They did not allow this for cast when M&MRR or Remy in preview only dates. Pretty sure it was castperson only.
I do not think they will ever have a casual chance to preview just because you were walking past . Sorry

So question - it appears the last of the previews (AP/DVC/CM/Golden Oak/Media, etc.) end on 5/21 but the official start date is 5/27. Is there any possibility that CMs may pull people from Epcot that week to ride? Maybe during early entry or extended hours that Monday? We will be there and I am wondering if we want to spend any time stalking the area, lol. I think I remember that happening with Remy, but I could just be hallucinating from lack of sleep and obsessing over preview queues.
Unlikely. They stopped doing that after New Fantasyland in 2012. (I'm 99% sure that didn't happen with Remy.) It's too chaotic now - word would get out too quickly, and you'd constantly have people milling about in front of the ride in the hopes of being chosen.

I think the best you could hope for would be an early opening - but I'm skeptical that would happen. It's likely they'll use that gap for special events (ie, corporate), and I don't think they'd want to mess with the Opening Day merch they'll likely sell.

Unlikely. They stopped doing that after New Fantasyland in 2012. (I'm 99% sure that didn't happen with Remy.) It's too chaotic now - word would get out too quickly, and you'd constantly have people milling about in front of the ride in the hopes of being chosen.
Bummer! Oh well - rope drop on opening day it is :)

Bummer! Oh well - rope drop on opening day it is :)
Btw - keep your eyes peeled for the opening day info. I think there's a very good chance there will be a virtual queue for the first few months - which would mean you wouldn't necessarily need to get there super-early. (Assuming they do a virtual queue, it will go quickly that morning.)

This morning I waited on the phone for about 35 minutes and when it was my turn the famous stitch page came up luckily I refreshed it and it went through we’re there for May 9!

Btw - keep your eyes peeled for the opening day info. I think there's a very good chance there will be a virtual queue for the first few months - which would mean you wouldn't necessarily need to get there super-early. (Assuming they do a virtual queue, it will go quickly that morning.)
Ohhh that's right! I will definitely watch for a VQ. Thanks for the heads up!

Celestial “Eson” Named as Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Antagonist

Marvel has revealed the villain for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Here’s the announcement:

A leisurely tour through the Wonders of Xandar is about to take a turn! When Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewindopens at EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort this summer, be prepared to come face to face with Eson, who Marvel can reveal is the antagonist of the attraction!

Visitors hoping to explore and learn a little bit about the first-ever other-worldly pavilion in the area will get more than they expected when Eson, a Celestial that has been watching Earth for eons, makes a startling appearance. The Celestial is looking “to right a wrong in a big way,” and the Guardians of the Galaxy — Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot — step in to help save the day. But, they can’t do it alone and need our help to stop him from completing his grand plan!

I think Disney is prepping MDE for Virtual Queue for Cosmic Rewind. Just now I went into the Virtual Queue section of the app and while it said there were no queues available to join, there was a ‘plus/add’ icon in the upper right which took me to another screen that had EPCOT as a park with no queues.

First impressions and early review of EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' as preview rides begin

Note that the following article is full of spoilers. Stop reading now if you do not want to know everything about the "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind" rider experience.

Also, photography during current previews is restricted as work is still underway on some show scenes. Early previews have also been beginning at load, bypassing the queue and pre-show. Information in this guide relating to the queue and preshow is based on previously released details. The ride experience description is based on preview rides taking place now.

I’m sorry if this has been asked already but why are dates full for Epcot on 5/23, 5/24, 5/26 but 5/27 is still open? 5/25 is open too. Are there preview days for VIP on those days leading up to the general public? I didn’t see those dates up thread.

Last edited:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Song List

With Cast Member previews underway at EPCOT, Cast are sharing their first impressions on social media. The general consensus appears to be that the ride is a thrilling and fun adventure with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, when Disney includes the Guardians of the Galaxy in their theme parks, they also include some fun soundtracks such as on Mission: BREAKOUT in Disney California Adventure. In this article, we’re going to compile a list of songs that guests will hear on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Keep in mind that this list is not yet final.

Also, it’s worth noting that, just like Mission: BREAKOUT, you will hear only one song per ride and not multiple songs per ride like you do on Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. Here’s the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind song list so far:

Cosmic Rewind Song List​

• Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Tears for Fears
  • Conga – Gloria Estefan
  • 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
  • I Ran (So Far Away) – A Flock of Seagulls
  • Disco Inferno – The Trammps

FIRST LOOK Inside the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Courtyard at EPCOT

1650230986687.jpeg

1650231010603.jpeg

I think Disney is prepping MDE for Virtual Queue for Cosmic Rewind. Just now I went into the Virtual Queue section of the app and while it said there were no queues available to join, there was a ‘plus/add’ icon in the upper right which took me to another screen that had EPCOT as a park with no queues.
I really hope they do use the VQ, but Epcot was also the last park to have one, so it could just be a remnant of Remy.

I really hope they do use the VQ, but Epcot was also the last park to have one, so it could just be a remnant of Remy.
I'd be ok with Virtual Queue AND a paid ILL/Fancy Ride option...as long as my only option doesn't involve standing in line for a zillion hours. We only have one EPCOT day planned for our trip in early June, and I don't want to be stuck in line all day if we can help it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter